Dependencies for master

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Dependencies for master

Post by vexed »

I deleted posts to keep this thread on topic.
I also moved other posts to the required area.

wayward4now, the zip from github is just a snapshot of the source tree, it was never meant to be compiled from that. That is why we offer the tarball that has everything you need.

For compiling from source:
For people that have trouble with Qt 5, you install the exact same packages that the compile guide on the wiki mentions, except use Qt5 versions of the Qt4 listed ones.
Then run ./configure, and see if you have the other required libs, it will error out and tell you if you don't.
Last edited by cybersphinx on 08 Feb 2015, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Community testers wanted!

Post by cybersphinx »

vexed wrote:For people that have trouble with Qt 5, you install the exact same packages that the compile guide on the wiki mentions, except use Qt5 versions of the Qt4 listed ones.
At least on Debian Qt5 packaging is different from Qt4, you need qtbase5-dev and qtscript5-dev at least, possibly more.
We want information... information... information.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

cybersphinx wrote:qtbase5-dev
Yup.. with that one I got trough. But I can't compile...

Code: Select all

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/iluvalar/warzone2100-master/lib/framework'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..  -DYY_NO_INPUT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL   -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -DDEBUG -DWZ_DATADIR="\"/usr/local/share/warzone2100\"" -DLOCALEDIR="\"/usr/local/share/locale\"" -I../.. -I../../3rdparty -I../../3rdparty/quesoglc -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt5/QtScript    -O0 -ggdb -Werror -Wno-enum-compare -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-sign-compare -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wno-format-security -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt5/QtScript   -fPIC -std=c++11 -MT crc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/crc.Tpo -c -o crc.o crc.cpp
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option โ€˜-std=c++11โ€™
make[2]: *** [crc.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/iluvalar/warzone2100-master/lib/framework'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/iluvalar/warzone2100-master'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Iluvalar wrote:

cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option โ€˜-std=c++11โ€™
gcc too old I guess. Don't know if we actually use that newfangled stuff though.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

cybersphinx wrote:
vexed wrote:For people that have trouble with Qt 5, you install the exact same packages that the compile guide on the wiki mentions, except use Qt5 versions of the Qt4 listed ones.
At least on Debian Qt5 packaging is different from Qt4, you need qtbase5-dev and qtscript5-dev at least, possibly more.
The package manager should pull in all the required dependencies I thought ?

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(QT5, Qt5Core Qt5Gui Qt5Widgets Qt5Script,,[:])
So, if you would have gotten Qt5gui-dev (for example), it would bring in qtbase5-dev and everything else it needs.

And if that fails, looking at the Qt site itself: http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/ shows how to get it as well.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

vexed wrote:So, if you would have gotten Qt5gui-dev (for example), it would bring in qtbase5-dev and everything else it needs ?
qtscript5-dev depends on qtbase5-dev, not the other way around.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

misc stuff moved from testing thread

Post by vexed »

cybersphinx wrote:
vexed wrote:So, if you would have gotten Qt5gui-dev (for example), it would bring in qtbase5-dev and everything else it needs ?
qtscript5-dev depends on qtbase5-dev, not the other way around.
Yes... who said it was the other way around ?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: misc stuff moved from testing thread

Post by Iluvalar »

Oh well... I guess my stable ubuntu 12.04 is too old to play that 1999 game huh ?

Packages you are mentionning are not existing here... I give up now...
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I installed Qt5 for Ubuntu 12.04 not that long ago, I just don't exactly remember how. There may be some other PPA you need to activate. Google will help.

The lack of support for c++11 is surprising. Could you try replacing it in configure.ac with 'gnu++11' instead, see if that works? It may have been supported for longer.

Oh, and that '1999 game' cheap shot is getting real old now.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Per wrote: Oh, and that '1999 game' cheap shot is getting real old now.
huhuhu... I see what you did there...
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option โ€˜-std=gnu++11โ€™
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

What about 'gnu++0x'? That should work, at least, even though it is deprecated by now...
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Ubuntu 12.04 was shipped way before C++11 was ratified, so C++0x would be correct.
The obvious question here is, why are people using such outdated versions of Ubuntu ?
14.04 LTS has been out for awhile now.

I guess some people just like staying in 1999. :stare:
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

vexed wrote:Ubuntu 12.04 was shipped way before C++11 was ratified, so C++0x would be correct.
The obvious question here is, why are people using such outdated versions of Ubuntu ?
14.04 LTS has been out for awhile now.

I guess some people just like staying in 1999. :stare:
It's called a family, I won't buy a spanking new 2015 computer because they are too expensive, i'll go with a 2014 or 2013 cpu. I'd give it to my little brother who constantly play the latest games around and therefore need that kind of hardware, I'd then take his 2013 computer and lend it to my mother who have a 2011 and that's what I'd end up with.

I now have a september 2009 computer so I wouldn't get much gain from it, nor anyone in that chain. Next year, yeah definitively. But today ? Meh.. nothing wrong with me...

installing 14.04 (2014) on 2009 cpu would likely cost me 5-10% of my already questionnable performances. Just to play warzonne ? no thanks.

Down to buisness (using -std=c++0x") :
piestate.cpp: In function โ€˜GLuint pie_LoadShader(const char*, const char*, const char*)โ€™:
piestate.cpp:261:8: error: โ€˜GLEW_VERSION_4_3โ€™ was not declared in this scope
piestate.cpp:261:28: error: โ€˜GLEW_KHR_debugโ€™ was not declared in this scope
I already changed libglew1.5-dev for libglew1.6-dev that's still not good enough ?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: Dependencies for master

Post by Jorzi »

While it's true that each new version is developed for slightly more modern hardware, allowing for less lightweight interfaces etc. it doesn't automatically become slower. Also, application performance should be largely unaffected.
If the unity interface is too heavy you can always switch it to something like lxde or gnome classic...
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: Dependencies for master

Post by Terminator »

I previously had problems compiling master on my Kubuntu14.04 cause KDE uses qt4, so even if you install all QT5 libs it wont work until you select the right qt.
I have installed qtchooser additionally and used this guide.
thats my experience. if it will help somebody. :lecture:
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100