ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: Models by Jorzi (AR)

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Aww .. now I've got that warm fuzzy feeling. :3

Getting back to artwork ... are you planning to overhaul all of the Cyborg bodies eventually, Jorzi?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Well there's only the normal and super cyborg as far as I know (possibly some jump jet stuff but not in stock wz) and those are already pretty much done, except for texturing. I was thinking of doing them all as a set using the same texpage.
Attachments
cyborg_4.jpg
cyborg_4.jpg (35.59 KiB) Viewed 12009 times
ImageImage
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Looks great :)
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Long time no update, I recently worked a bit on getting the cyborgs into the game. The ordinary cyborg works just fine, but now I need to figure out the leg animation on the super cyborgs (right now it's doing all kinds of funny things)

I also started on the paintjob.
Attachments
cyborg_5.jpg
cyborg_5.jpg (39.57 KiB) Viewed 11541 times
ImageImage
CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Gantradies »

looking good so far, the original cyborg models were bleh at best even back in the nauties on my WINME machine XD.

i see how you are going with the weapon attachments, are you intending to have a slightly different "weapon arm" for the first few variants for the normal powersuit? like how the original Machinegunner is carrying a large-caliber MG in hand instead of having a turret/mount bolted to the suits shoulder? always thought it made more sense for the regular mooks ( since it;'d be quicker and cheaper then.. you know) don't know how well it'd work, but i was thinking maybe emphasis the Power Suit aspect a bit more with the normal's ( like you have), and the cyborg more with the supers?
if you wanted too do so, a slightly bulkier limb design might look good on the supers? the torso is looking good, but they are looking a bit top heavy. brings to mind a mental image of a turtle struggling on its back :3

i know im practically necroing, just kinda excited to see people seriously working at new models
. ive got a few friends who im FAIRLY sure would love the game for its gameplay, but are turned off by the relatively primitive models/textures.
:::Roses are red...::

::Violets are blue::

::I am schizophrenic::

::And so am I::
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Sry for late reply CDR Gantradies, as you said, I intend to make the weapon arms look more like weapon arms and less like turrets.
I realized why the super cyborg was looking top heavy, I was using normal cyborg legs for it until I discovered that it has its own legs and animation. For now, I replaced the leg animation with a slightly enlarged version of the normal cyborg.
I also got some texturing work done, experimented with the warning stripes on the shoulders, but I'm not really sure about it. What do you think?
Attachments
cyborg_6.jpg
cyborg_6.jpg (36.26 KiB) Viewed 10960 times
ImageImage
Slye_Fox
Trained
Trained

Post by Slye_Fox »

I have a slight suggestion for the super cyborg;
Perhaps make it more like a mech, with the cockpit in the main body/legs. The arms are too far apart for a regular person to reach them.

Maybe use some inspiration from the WH40k universe;
Space Marine Dreadnought: img
Tau Crisis Suit: img
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Do military units use warning stripes? I thought they would opt for more a stealthy style.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Do military units use warning stripes?
A valid point. However... once upon a time, someone made a camouflage mod. It worked quite well in that it rendered the units nearly indistinguishable from the terrain. It quickly fell out of favor.

Personally, I like the stripes. It's a game, after all. Just because you are a death-dealing cybernetic organism doesn't mean you can't be styling.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Jorzi wrote:Sry for late reply CDR Gantradies, as you said, I intend to make the weapon arms look more like weapon arms and less like turrets.
I realized why the super cyborg was looking top heavy, I was using normal cyborg legs for it until I discovered that it has its own legs and animation. For now, I replaced the leg animation with a slightly enlarged version of the normal cyborg.
I also got some texturing work done, experimented with the warning stripes on the shoulders, but I'm not really sure about it. What do you think?
Curious, where do the team colors go ? Is that one of the uses for the stripe ?
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Karthik_Prakash_Iyer
Greenhorn

Post by Karthik_Prakash_Iyer »

Well,Dreadnaughts Aren't that cool,they're too boxy and stuff..... A better and simpler idea would be the golden army robots from hellboy 2 movie.... for super cyborgs..... and for cyborgs try ideas from Universe at war game.. it has cool units.. and will surely give a good idea...
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

So one idea I had in mind when I designed these is the varying degrees of limb replacement present.

Due to the fierce nature of the weapons these guys are up against, losing an arm isn't all that uncommon. Some veterans get the option to have one arm entirely replaced by a weapon mount => heavy gunners
Some are more hardcore than that, and become super cyborgs with entirely robotic limbs. A small guy might fit into the chassis without sacrificing his limbs, but it requires him to use some drugs to disable his natural limbs while maneuvering the robot, thus having some negative effect on his brain activity. The true hardcore veterans (many of whom have lost both legs) can however pilot these at their full potential and some even choose to replace all their limbs with robotics, which is where the name "super cyborg" comes from. (Disclaimer: this is fanfiction)

Anyway, got the tcmasks and scratches done :)
Attachments
cyborg_9.jpg
cyborg_9.jpg (36.41 KiB) Viewed 10778 times
cyborg_8.jpg
cyborg_8.jpg (53.46 KiB) Viewed 10778 times
ImageImage
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Your cyborgs remind me the Quake II characters, ah. Good job! Next step will be legs? oh, your normal maps can't be animated, I forgot.