Videos.STR VF

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Zarksol Ohen
New user

Videos.STR VF

Post by Zarksol Ohen »

Hi ! I have an original copy of this game in French and just extracted all the .STR videos into .AVI format and I was wondering if I could use them for Warzone 2100 3.1.1.

Also, if you are interested, I can share the .STR files (Or .AVI) for wz2100.net if an administrator ask for. As I can't find them on Youtube or anywere I think the french videos are quit rares...
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Videos.STR VF

Post by NoQ »

FAQ wrote:You cannot play the videos/music from the CDs directly, since we use different (crossplatform) codecs in this version. But we provide both music and videos in a format suitable for the game. The video files can be downloaded by the Windows installer or separately from our download page (see the instructions there where to put the file).
As for sharing, only if the license you got them under allows redistribution.
Zarksol Ohen
New user

Post by Zarksol Ohen »

So it's no... Well, I can live with this, I guess... Thanks anyway.

And for the license, I got them from an original PS1 CD, so I suppose it's under the same license... The game is now open source, so I don't know if the license is still a problem ?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The game is now open source
The game
It's quite unclear what exactly is this "The game" thing.
I guess you the best you can do is read the license agreement on your CD.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I believe GLP2 licence for original game don't depend on "what languages does it use". FMVs with French could be used as English as russian as..whatever it is.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Zarksol Ohen wrote:So it's no... Well, I can live with this, I guess... Thanks anyway.

And for the license, I got them from an original PS1 CD, so I suppose it's under the same license... The game is now open source, so I don't know if the license is still a problem ?
It is a problem, since we don't know who made it.
If it was 100% Edios / pumpkin, then, it should be OK.
If it was some 3rd party, then, we got problems.

This is why we need to know what the license says for that version, on who made what.

You could convert the avi files to ogg (ogm) and the game will play them, but, the original files were not STR format (whatever that is?), they were RPL, and that was proprietary from Eidos.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Zarksol Ohen
New user

Post by Zarksol Ohen »

vexed wrote: It is a problem, since we don't know who made it.
If it was 100% Edios / pumpkin, then, it should be OK.
If it was some 3rd party, then, we got problems.

This is why we need to know what the license says for that version, on who made what.

You could convert the avi files to ogg (ogm) and the game will play them, but, the original files were not STR format (whatever that is?), they were RPL, and that was proprietary from Eidos.
I see Edios and pumpkin logos on bot sides of the box and there is no sign of any other name... (Well, there is DualShock, but I don't think it count...) So, I guess it's ok... I still can scan the jacket if you realy need to check, but as I'm not going to break the box it would be of poor quality... (The back side can't be removed without completly opening every parts...)
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Zarksol Ohen wrote: I see Edios and pumpkin logos on bot sides of the box and there is no sign of any other name... (Well, there is DualShock, but I don't think it count...) So, I guess it's ok... I still can scan the jacket if you realy need to check, but as I'm not going to break the box it would be of poor quality... (The back side can't be removed without completly opening every parts...)
No, logos don't mean anything.
It has to be the written license.
I have no idea where that info is, could be on the CD manual, or in the game itself, or... but, that is what needs to be seen.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.