Riding Buses, Fire Trucks, Helicopters, Vans, Jeeps, Buggies

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Riding Buses, Fire Trucks, Helicopters, Vans, Jeeps, Buggies

Post by richard14110 »

Up to 10 Scavenger humans and/or cyborgs may ride a bus. While inside the vehicle, all ten of them can attack.

Only a maximum of 3 passengers are allowed in helicopters, buggies, and fire trucks. Plus, up to 4 riders can be within vans and jeeps.

Example: If you group 10 buses with ten cyborgs and/or people each, 100 of them would be able to fight. If a vehicle is destroyed, then all of its passengers would die.

Advantage: Deadly offense

Disadvantage: All riders die when the vehicle explodes
Last edited by richard14110 on 15 Dec 2013, 20:42, edited 9 times in total.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Buses and Trains

Post by aubergine »

Buses, no. Trains, maybe: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8532
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

Why not buses?
Last edited by richard14110 on 12 May 2013, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

richard14110 wrote:Why not for buses?
i think scav already have a bus, or is it a firetruck?
Nameless
Trained
Trained

Post by Nameless »

Ezio wrote:
richard14110 wrote:Why not for buses?
i think scav already have a bus, or is it a firetruck?
It's a bus AFAIR, but I could be wrong though (haven't had a chance to play WZ in a long while).
If you're reading this; you're awesome.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

They have both.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

There has been speculation over the last few years (how credible is open to dispute) that both the US and UK have invested heavily in building networks of deep underground military bases (a mile down) that are connected by mach speed mag lev trains.

This appeals to me and I'm considering including it in the expanded WZ Timeline. Specifically explaining, in part, how The Project got to NORAD in Colorado from Seattle, Washington, during the onset of post Collapse Nuke Winter.

Beyond just a storyelling device, the implementation for CAM Mode that I have in mind could also be made for viable and interesting gameplay in SKI & MP modes. But since I don't see myself getting into the actual implementation work because of other WZ work priorities, why spell out those details as I truely donot expect anyone else to take it up. :hmm: Plus, the capable folks here I'm sure can figure it out easily without me going on an on with how-to explanations. ;)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

What a bad idea...

If it was possible to condense 10x the firepower in a single unit like this, wouldn't that be much easier to mount only the turrets on the bus ? Maybe we could merge all those machine gun in a single turret and give it a cool name like "assault gun" ? Wouldn't that be fantastic ?
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Busses: Scavengers have the Pk-210 School Bus, usually equipped with a roof-mounted cannon.

"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well bus sounds rather like death can :) allow me to steal the idea a little, or shall I say modify :3
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

The only way an idea like this would work is if the units were inside a building instead of another unit. We have transports for moving other units. Buildings would make for great defense points (urban chokepoints). Empire Total War uses the idea that units can enter buildings to use the building for cover while firing. Though artillery would render this a suicide mission in a few shots.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

Iluvalar wrote:What a bad idea...

If it was possible to condense 10x the firepower in a single unit like this, wouldn't that be much easier to mount only the turrets on the bus ? Maybe we could merge all those machine gun in a single turret and give it a cool name like "assault gun" ? Wouldn't that be fantastic ?
There are more humans/cyborgs that fit inside the bus than the number of turrets that can be mounted at the top of the vehicle.

The creation of a turret that fires 10 bullets at once would be very cheap:
Last edited by richard14110 on 18 Jan 2014, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

Re: Riding Buses, Fire Trucks, Helicopters, Vans, Jeeps, Bug

Post by RedShocktrooper »

Well, why not an APC "turret" or body that can hold 5 units but they can't shoot out of it? There's already the Cyborg Transport and supertransport, so I imagine the basic coding would be there already to making a Cyborg APC.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

RedShocktrooper wrote:Well, why not an APC "turret" or body that can hold 5 units but they can't shoot out of it? There's already the Cyborg Transport and supertransport, so I imagine the basic coding would be there already to making a Cyborg APC.
What is the unabbreviated form of APC?
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

Post by RedShocktrooper »

"Armored Personnel Carrier", like the M113, or if you want to go back far enough, the M3 Halftrack and the SdKfz 250.