[Release]Cont + USM + WSMM + Cam 4 + Mechs FlaME Dataset

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

[Release]Cont + USM + WSMM + Cam 4 + Mechs FlaME Dataset

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Here ya go folks. Contingency, USM, Warzone Scavenger Mini-Mod, Campaign 4, Mechs and Black Project's Scavenger HQ -- all integrated into one lovely Flame Dataset.

It's not without its' caveats ..

- Some textures don't load (no idea why, except in one instance where I had to redirect it to a pre-existing one that was probably identical). It has NO effect on the in-game functionality of the item, only it's appearance in the editor.

- In order to make the Scavenger components designable when we convert the templates to designs, I had to change them to be designable. Likewise it should NOT affect them in-game.

Get it here (Version 0.5) (6.52mb) (My Dropbox)

I'll do my best to fix any issues.
Last edited by Goth Zagog-Thou on 26 May 2013, 08:01, edited 9 times in total.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: [Release]Contingency + USM + Cam 4 FlaME Dataset

Updated to include the Scavenger Research Facility and some other minor fixes.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: [Release]Contingency + USM + WSMM + Cam 4 FlaME Dataset

Version 0.3:
------------------

- Added the rest of the Sandbag and Wood Towers stuff by Berg.
- Added a new feature "SatLink Control" for the Cam 4 side of things.
- Warzone Scavenger Mini Mod assets are now available for use. Please note that adding a standard Construction Droid will result in the proper WSMM unit being added at game time.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Uploaded a hotfix for 3 templates using the wrong weapons.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Version 0.4:
--------------

- Fixes to Scavenger Choppers' propulsion (fixes the 'bouncing' effect)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Now with it's own Github repo. Check the first post for details.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: [Release]Cont + USM + WSMM + Cam 4 + Mechs FlaME Dataset

Version 0.5
-------------

- Added Xanax's Mech Mod Reboot to the dataset, using a naming convention that allows Mechs and Cyborgs to coexist.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Thanks for doing this, Goth. :) Am making rewarding use of it. :3
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Glad you're enjoying it. Someday I really need to make the matching Warzone dataset. ;)
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

How do you mean ? So you can work with all assets on the same map ? :hmm:

Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Pretty much, yeah. I'd like to make it so that Cyborgs and Mechs can coexist. By the way, do you still have the .pie's for the Shipping Containers? Would really like to treat those as some sort of Heavy Wall (in Scavenger terms) approaching Hardcrete in strength.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

'fraid not on any of the Cargo Container .pies. All 16 variants (not just visual but structural - different stacking combos, corner interlocks and offset over hangs to create pass throughs).

Purged everything 2200 from my systems last year. Felt the need after the Chojun boondoggle over a public repo for the project. Why hold on to anything WZ I was prohibited from sharing.

But yes, that is exactly how CCs were used in 2200. The stock scav walls only made sense to me as defense against disorganized or solo scav marauders. I postulated CCs would still be in use in the latter 21st century and be all over the planet in the hundreds of millions of units and scavs would snap 'em up to build defense structs.

This was all initiated 2007. Last year I checked out a beta of a cool Indie game that was built entirely on scavs and CCs were integral to them. I felt a sense of vindication for the original idea even though it wasn't in the context of WZ like it could have been had the 2200 source been released years ago like it should have been. :hmm:

Btw the Indie game referred to is called "Ravaged" and they recently released a Zombie expansion patch which also made me smile because our own Black Project explored that territory years ago with his excellent "WZ Zombie" Mod. :3 Anticipating other games by years has been a pattern with WZ mods since the retail days.

Anyway, I moved on years ago from Scav CCs to Scav "Earthworks" which I've refined in my latest project on a grand scale with a vast Scav Island called "Cahokia", off the coast of Belize, chock-a-full of 'em. :)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

No problem, it'll give me an excuse to start making actual models. Cargo Containers should not be that difficult to make, and there are plenty of reference images around the 'net to study.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:No problem, it'll give me an excuse to start making actual models. Cargo Containers should not be that difficult to make, and there are plenty of reference images around the 'net to study.
True, as far making the geometry. Basically they're just boxes, all right angles. Just gotta size them to the original tile dimensions precisely, edge to edge, so the pieces join (the double stack with the upper CC offset to 1/2 an adjoining tile to assemble pass through "arches" being the exception). Visually, the most challenging is getting the dirt and rust patches trailing from seams & rivets looking natural and the overall texture not "plastic" looking - muted colors, not shiny. The nomenclature for all the files... that's something too - especially to make for ease of identification when you're assembling the "lego" pieces in the map editor.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Hah, that's exactly what I thought -- treat them like lego pieces. :D

Metrics will be important. Generally, Cargo Containers are something like 35' x 11' x 11' (or some such). Sizes vary according to purpose (some are longer, some shorter). We do indeed have a way to measure size in Warzone -- the Road tiles.

Assume that the road tiles are proper roads commonly found in Arizona, Nevada, etc -- the whole world, really -- it should be an easy extrapolation from there to properly size the Cargo Containers where they fit in and look like they should. :3