End of research tree

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
_scavfan_
Trained
Trained

End of research tree

Post by _scavfan_ »

I know it's possible to set where research tree starts at beggining of game, but I think there also would be nice to set research
tree end.
I mean if you select T1 with adv. bases and TE2 (technology end), your research ends when you research everything that is not
included after T2 tech level start.
If you don't select "tech end" res. tree goes to it's end.
I think that should be aviable in game. :)
Post your questions and comments here.
Regards, _scavfan_.
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained

Re: End of research tree

Post by AWarZoner »

I agree.
+1 the devs should look at this.

Andrie
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: End of research tree

Post by Iluvalar »

We've already talked about that and the huge problem is that the game is not balanced at any frozen point in the research. Some weapons have the good timing and some don't at any time. Given some time to explore the possibilities at a frozen point, one would come up with the onlya single OP weapon avalaible.

However, I already suggested you guys to make a mod with (RP^k/RPt^(k-1)) research cost an see how you like it. Where RP is the research point of the research RPt is the desired target and K is some constant that you want >1.

Those kind of settings should slow down the research at some point and make the game stall on it.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.