Armoured vehicles for the Cyborg ones :)

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Armoured vehicles for the Cyborg ones :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

What if for example three cyborgs could enter a quite big armoured heavy vehicle. One would drive, one would shot, and one would replace ammunition, clean the vehicle ;) and so on.

It should look better than a bus ;) A well looking, a cool looking transporter, which when almost destroyed - and here two options.
  • They do or die, so fight from inside till the very end
  • They escape the vehicle early enough to avoid explosion
Of course such vehicle should be expensive and most importantly bigger than Red Dragon ;)

It could be modified as all other tanks. Turrets, suspension type, but the main boddy would be bigger. Also the more we allow Cyborgs to go inside, the less equipment it could have.

It also could have heavy defend option. When the vehicle stops, and the cyborgs from inside authomatically fortify it, with the shields they take out from aoutside and circle around.

Ones could be very heavy and slow, why the others just drive a lot of cyborgs and escape as hell before being destroyed ;)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: Armoured vehicles for the Cyborg ones :)

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Given the size of individual Cyborgs, perhaps an IFV turret, where a single Cyborg can enter the turret to provide the IFV with the Cyborg's firepower (like the Allied IFVs found in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 & 3), would be better? However, these IFVs would need to be designed around a more supportive role, such as ferrying Cyborgs behind enemy lines, in order to keep them from replacing actual tanks (possibly by making the IFV turret pretty heavy, and maybe even a bit more costly).
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

IMHO, Olrox's transport should get added as the cyborg transport, and cyborgs within that transport should act as turrets for the transport. It would make producing cyborg transports far more appealing as you could basically turn them in to 5 turret VTOLs.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

as you could basically turn them in to 5 turret VTOLs.
With infinite ammo, yeah.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Maybe not infinite. Or we take one cyborg less, but the aircraft transporter have better fire pover/range?

I like Orlox transporter very much. I like the one Aubergine told Berg to make less flashy too :3
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I think refining the movement of stock Jump Borgs would add much to the game. The ONLY reason Pumpkin took them out of the retail release was because they thought thier movement looked "silly". Iirc, there was a proposed solution to the "silly" look of the movement last year but I can't remember the details. That said, they do pose balance challenges, nontheless.

I think a ground Borg APC has a lot more down side than up from the PoV of the military maneuver tacs of multi-vector velocity.

Using the Olrox Transport (which I do love) that way is on the continuum of a Super Weapon which is problematic balance wise, Imho.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I see. Balance here and other things are Chinese for me. I only bring ideas and spam Gentlemen word ;)

There was a game called Front Mission 3. There is a game called Front Mission Evolved - which I have finished as a fan, but it shows how to greatly was the potential of a title.

If one has time to do so, I suggest to look at the both Front Mission 3, because it looks very much like our game. Although we move like chess pawns, and then at Evolved TPS one.

What I want to say is that, the cyborgs have in the game, when appropriate suspension equipped, possibility to drive very fast on a sort of rorrelblades. And it looked there really cool as the cyborgs were moving correctly while taking turns and so on.

The entire games are about cyborgs with people inside so there is a lot of to observe for those who create :3

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Personally, I believe Borgs have the most unrealized potential. I find them more interesting than droid tanks to be honest. Just because, by definition, there's flesh and blood under the armor. There's a visceral connection there that cannot exist with a pure machine. I also think, besides getting the Jump Borgs back in the game properly, we should have Borgs capable of flight - without a transporter. Absolutely. But the biggest obstacle to adding ANYTHING to the game is adequate, motivated and commited MP playtesting for balance. Don't see that changing any time soon. But I could be totally off base in that assessment.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Rman, take a look at this one :)

viewtopic.php?p=121952#p121952

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Having jump borgs, depending on how they work, would make cyborg transports somewhat redundant.

Maybe Olrox style transport could be a T3 "weapon". By that time people should already be used to fending off VTOLs and also borgs start to become useless against late game defences (howitzers in particular turn them in to something that looks like popcorn). Having a 5 turret transport, that you put borgs in, in late game would be feasible from balance perspective IMHO.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

aubergine wrote:Having jump borgs, depending on how they work, would make cyborg transports somewhat redundant.

Maybe Olrox style transport could be a T3 "weapon". By that time people should already be used to fending off VTOLs and also borgs start to become useless against late game defences (howitzers in particular turn them in to something that looks like popcorn). Having a 5 turret transport, that you put borgs in, in late game would be feasible from balance perspective IMHO.
I can see that working late game.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Merowingg wrote:They do or die, so fight from inside till the very end
So what would be the point ? Building 4 unit instead of 1, increasing the management in the base. Only to have basically one unit at the end ?
Merowingg wrote:They escape the vehicle early enough to avoid explosion
It would be immensely hard to balance the game in order to reach all those goals :
1- Sometime useful to get the borgs in.
2- Sometime useful to get the borgs out.
3- No tedious micromanagement needed.
4- Not making the entire gameplay gravitate around this idea.
5- End result is noticeably different from simply throwing a viper mg in the battle with those borgs and move it in the way to absorb damage first.

I'm afraid that while all this is probably possible. The end result would be pretty mild and not as much interesting as that idea sound at first. Technically, you ask for a ground cyborg transport.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.