Re-Uploaded Maps!

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Olrox
Art contributor

Re-Uploaded Maps!

Post by Olrox »

Hello everyone!

Yeah it's me, however unlikely. I had recently mentioned Warzone 2100 for some friends of mine, and they developed a certain curiosity over it and decided to play. Then I remembered those maps I've created some time ago (geez, over 3 years now, time sure has passed by :lol2: ) but couldn't find them in the addons section. So I've scavenged and re-uploaded them so that everyone currently enjoying WZ can have a go at them! Feel free to use my ideas as well :D

Here are the links for them in the Addons section:
Arena #14
Arena #22
Garond Valley

I hope new people can enjoy them as many others have in the past!

Best regards,
-Fabian
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: Re-Uploaded Maps!

Post by effigy »

I recall having many nice games on Arena #22.

Thanks!
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ugh, the legendary Garond Valley seems to throw minor warnings (overlapping features, probably accidentally copy-pasted twice). We're a bit paranoid about this stuff recently, so asking to do something about it (:

Yeah, nice to see those back too!
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

NoQ wrote:Ugh, the legendary Garond Valley seems to throw minor warnings (overlapping features, probably accidentally copy-pasted twice). We're a bit paranoid about this stuff recently, so asking to do something about it (:

Yeah, nice to see those back too!
Yeah, I've noticed those errors (the addon was rejected as is due to it). I'm currently fixing that.

It's related to the early versions of FlaME not caring about positioning multiple objects in the same tile (for example, 5 scavengers in a tile), and since Garond Valley got a lot of trees, many of them are overlapping :P

I even began fixing that but as I said, it's a lot of trees :lol2:

Thanks for your appreciation! I'm actually working on a new map right now :)

-Fabian
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Olrox wrote: (the addon was rejected as is due to it). I'm currently fixing that.
My mistake, that's Arena #14, I'm fixing it. Overlapping trees only gives warnings but oil drums overlapping structures gives errors, it seems. I've hid oil drums inside some buildings for fun, but that doesn't work anymore :hmm:

I'll be releasing a new version of arena 14 shortly.

~Olrox
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Olrox wrote:I've hid oil drums inside some buildings for fun ...
Ah, sweet idea! Maybe a dynamic approach could be implemented via rules.js - so when certain types of feature building are destroyed they occasionally spawn an oil barren or artifact. That could be nice feature to add to campaigns too!

Shame map-placed ones won't work any more :s Maybe it would be nice to have an optional script that could be bundled with maps - so when loading a map WZ would check to see if there's a script of the same name as the .gam or .lev (whatever the main file is that defines a map) but with .js extension and if found loads it?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO