tmp's maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Re: tmp's maps

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks Tmp, nice large maps. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

6 player map with 3 separate section, 2x low one time high. could open up all sorts of mean tactics.... transfering cash to the low oil players, handing over trucks etc... after defeating your opponent there are only two options to help your team mates.... to be continued... have fun
Attachments
boohoo.png
6c-boohoo_v2.wz
(49.96 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Cool, Thanks Tmp. ;)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Nice map, thanks tmp!
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Not only the map, very interesting idea itself Tmp! :3
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
RBMW-Collector
Trained
Trained

Post by RBMW-Collector »

Only very serious teams can play this map such way u described,tmp. Unfortunately real teams are too few
AKA Redemptor. Map designer
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I think any team, just a little bit beyond NTW maps, can play it :3
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Mortars are a big problem on the map - you can go to the high ground near enemy base and build some mortars and basically win without engaging in too many battles. Example: Player 0 builds mortars on hill near player 3's base, etc.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

aubergine wrote:Mortars are a big problem on the map - you can go to the high ground near enemy base and build some mortars and basically win without engaging in too many battles. Example: Player 0 builds mortars on hill near player 3's base, etc.
you meant mortars is problem in AI-games? i think you cannot do that with experienced player.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

You are correct, humans would quickly deal with the issue if they had their own ranged weapons - eg. they could place their own morarts and sensors near the base of the hill, etc. But even then, it's difficult for the player on low ground to get up close and personal to the hills because their access routes are fairly easy to defend due to choke points & terrain.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

they could place their own morarts and sensors near the base of the hill, etc.
You still underestimate humans a lot. The only thing you can achieve by placing mortars on highground is forcing a battle: make sure the enemy has to react, move his troops out of safety and engage you in combat. The price you pay for that is unproportionally little DPS for the money you paid to get the mortar (research, construction, truck time), compared to using the same money for regular troops. So, naturally, you're forcing a battle that you will loose.

What makes you want to use this opportunity is some momentary change in FFA diplomacy situation, when it becomes actually essential for you to force a battle. For instance, you know that player 3 had heavy losses fighting some other player, so you may want to use this chance to conquer him. Or you may find out that player 3 is overgrown and coordinate your mortar offence with other players around him to collectively bring him down to normal.

So, yeah, it is an opportunity. But it's much less significant than it may seem.
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

aubergine wrote:Mortars are a big problem on the map - you can go to the high ground near enemy base and build some mortars and basically win without engaging in too many battles. Example: Player 0 builds mortars on hill near player 3's base, etc.
if u dont have to deal with an opponent in your section and nothing else to do, yeah. u might have gotten cash from the high oil player, but you are basically attacking a guy who has ~3x as much oil then u do... just played a round on my newest map where the guy on the low ground was using mortars to kill off the derricks on the highground... worked also... but only reached 4 derricks - never said its an easy map :P

but.... i found it a bit unbalanced with only one high oil section.... so....

10 player map
1st high oil section: scavs occupy all derricks, so be sure to get units or mg towers before your cash runs out
2nd high oil section: normal boring ntw style
3rd section for 4 players med oil - many barrels
4th section 1vs1 - also many barrels - med oil and as of writing this... ill probably change it to low oil
Attachments
10c-trash_v2.wz
(90.47 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
trash.png
RBMW-Collector
Trained
Trained

Post by RBMW-Collector »

Looks like lungs)
AKA Redemptor. Map designer
Virus- A
Trained
Trained

Post by Virus- A »

:) tmp nice but I have a doubt as teams?

6 vs 4 ?
FFA ?

or is it?
xico - Español/Ingles un poco- -También conocido por "RaNgEl"☜ ☆ ☞ Luis Diego Rangel☜ ☆ ☞ ♪♪♫ ♫
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I have no doubt :) Teams could be any you wish :) with consequences of course :3

Regards - Mero