To Thank or Not To Thank or talk about anything else LoL!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Re: To Thank or Not To Thank or talk about anything else LoL

Post by Originway »

sg1efc wrote: Thank you Very much Originway for explaining that to Mero..., guess I confused him and should have been more specific as to Who I was talking to... :roll: :) :wink:

Lmao :lol2:
no, thank you! :rofl2:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Originway now allow me to reply.

By what you typed here at the very beginning of todays conversation may indicate that you consider that I am not a good reader, or worse, or you are friend of sg1efc and want to ally, or you ar a random user just feeling sympathetic with him.

Also with this post you do realise that you strenghten what sg1efc said. So now even if he was willing to do anything, has you as a closed door behind. Also by making your thread you have thought it through that you decide to say he decided right, and you follow him.

Finally, be adviced, that hundreds of times people will not want to hear from you again, and with time you will be talking again, or maybe even friends or married. If one say, for ever. It is not a legal document, rather personal statemnt.

And summing up, while beiing ally, be it wisely.

Originway focused on something else I see, so sg1efc please give me clear answer. After some time it will be an affront for me.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

OK, no need for a flame war guys.

@sg1efc: Your posting of messages in various maps that amount to little more than a mere "thank you" without any further comments or (constructive) criticism seems so frequent that I've come to expect it from you, just as I expect Merowingg to use smileys frequently in his posts. I've personally grown accustomed to it, though I do agree with Merowingg (and I think that he's just trying to provide a little constructive criticism of his own) that more people tend to reply when there's some comments or (preferably constructive) criticism about what they've created. After all, some of them may wish to improve upon their existing work, and would welcome any ideas that you may have to improve upon them. :)
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I have made my offer. It cannot be cleaner it cannot be simpler. It also contains a message from me, I hope it is obvious :hmm:

Shadow Wolf TJC dear God will I always now be smileys lover? <no smiley here>
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Well how about this, turns out that TODAY is my last day here at the WZ2100 Forum, Yay!!!!! :) :)

Suspected that this day would happen, just did not know when, but now I do, THANKS to Mero! :-)

Would like to say my very very very last Thank You to everyone right now, been a lot of fun playing WZ2100, but it's now time to move on. I have had a lot of fun playing WZ2100, in the little bit of free time that I rarely get every so often. :)

All the best,

Sg1efc :)

PS - If a Mod or an Admin would be so kind to delete my account, I would appreciate it, as I will not be back. Will change my email address and other info now to insure my permanent absense. ;) Thank you.
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ok, that I did not expect.

Not cool man, and not very adult really.

but maybe you were just tired with us after all.

Remember forum is forum and it always will be. Also nothin so dramatic happened here to be honest.

Sleep it over and rethink man.

To remove account you have to type to an admin personally I think.

You have also one of a kind opportunity to reappear as someone completely different under other nick that we would not suspect.

Your post also somehow calls for attention, believe me even I can talk with you, you can simply P.M. me. Or anyone cool.

Also IRC is great thing to do so.

I wish you the best.

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Whoops ... was bad joke after all :oops:
Anyway, this brings back memories. My last day here at the WZ has been ... don't remember. A year ago, maybe? (:
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

sg1efc wrote:Well how about this, turns out that TODAY is my last day here at the WZ2100 Forum, Yay!!!!! :) :)

Suspected that this day would happen, just did not know when, but now I do, THANKS to Mero! :-)

Would like to say my very very very last Thank You to everyone right now, been a lot of fun playing WZ2100, but it's now time to move on. I have had a lot of fun playing WZ2100, in the little bit of free time that I rarely get every so often. :)

All the best,

Sg1efc :)

PS - If a Mod or an Admin would be so kind to delete my account, I would appreciate it, as I will not be back. Will change my email address and other info now to insure my permanent absense. ;) Thank you.
Wait what? O_o

I didn't expect you to want to leave after this. I didn't think that anyone here was trying to act hostile to you, so why would you want to leave? :(

Well, if you do want to leave, then we'll all miss you. You may not have provided any amount of extra comments or criticism to go along with your thankfulness, but regardless, I do believe that all those people that you've given thanks to do appreciate it (though they may not necessarily show it, most likely due to them being too busy with other things), and they would certainly miss you. :(
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

sg1efc wrote:Well how about this, turns out that TODAY is my last day here at the WZ2100 Forum, Yay!!!!! :) :)
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

and my days are also counted
5 month - 5 years - i don't know
but i know this day exists in future for everyone here ... :zomby:

best regards :roll:
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

As a veteran of being trolled and executing counter-troll strikes, I have the authority to say the following:

Insulting or attacking another member, even an implied insult, is completely unacceptable, unethical, goes against numerous moral codes, and will inspire me to PM-spam you with python bots on IRC. Play nice people. The warzone is in the game.

We all think we are better than everyone else until we clear our heads of ego and look in the mirror. If you don't think you have an ego, you have a very big ego. Fact is, we are all people, and shouldn't be insulting each other. Now, I firmly believe in the "don't be a doormat" philosophy as many of my forums posts will testify to, but that does not permit ruthless attacks and malicious, hate filled insults as a retaliation.

I should also add that forgiveness is very important for everyone's well being.
Also known as Subsentient.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

PM-spam with python bots on IRC
Ah yeah, that's what righteous people do, i forgot, sorry :oops:

Anyway, this thread has derailed. It was originally about asian girls, as far as i remember.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

bendib wrote:As a veteran of being trolled and executing counter-troll strikes, I have the authority to say the following:

Insulting or attacking another member, even an implied insult, is completely unacceptable, unethical, goes against numerous moral codes, and will inspire me to PM-spam you with python bots on IRC. Play nice people. The warzone is in the game.

We all think we are better than everyone else until we clear our heads of ego and look in the mirror. If you don't think you have an ego, you have a very big ego. Fact is, we are all people, and shouldn't be insulting each other. Now, I firmly believe in the "don't be a doormat" philosophy as many of my forums posts will testify to, but that does not permit ruthless attacks and malicious, hate filled insults as a retaliation.

I should also add that forgiveness is very important for everyone's well being.
That is true. However, I believe that nobody here meant to offend anyone else. :(
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

NoQ wrote:
PM-spam with python bots on IRC
Ah yeah, that's what righteous people do, i forgot, sorry :oops:
Some people really don't listen to "stop insulting me".
Also known as Subsentient.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I read Mero's post. His intention was, IMO, not to offend but to give voice to a truth difficult to express.

I would express that truth in this way.

The work of mappers and modders are indeed gifts to those who enjoy them and thus it is but common courtesy to thank them. However, there are gifts and there are gifts. You receive a pair of pajamas as a gift and you thank the person for the gift. All well and good. But pajamas and a map or mod, as gifts, are quite different and thus the appropriate response also differs.

Where as a simple thank you is good enough for a pair pajamas, for a map or mod it is only a begining. If you have truely experienced a map or mod, it is appropriate to follow that thank you with a specific comment about your experience playing that map or mod. THAT adds substance to the thank you for the modder or mapper such that they can feel appreciated for thier efforts, and perhaps be offered ways to refine their creation, which in the case of a pajama gift is mostly optional as the expectation for detailed feedback on store bought pajamas is virtually non-existent beyond - "They're so cozy. I love's them !" I think this was Mero's point and I believe a legitimate counsel and not an offense.

A homogonized, undifferentiated, response to entirely different maps and mods, while strictly polite, and appreciated up to a point, does not serve the modders and mappers as would feedback specific to their particular works. Reciprocity. That was the point, nothing more, nothing less.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

Merowingg wrote:Originway now allow me to reply.

By what you typed here at the very beginning of todays conversation may indicate that you consider that I am not a good reader, or worse, or you are friend of sg1efc and want to ally, or you ar a random user just feeling sympathetic with him.
who died and made you boss?
if the dude wants to say thank you to anyone they want then that is there right
it does not matter if you want more than a thank you if he feels a thank you is enough then it is enough
lots of people are happy with just a thank you so drop it