Planetary Annihilation

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Planetary Annihilation

Post by Originway »

anyone see this? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659 ... ration-rts this looks like it is going to be killer!
Planetary Annihilation’s rendering engine is brought to you by the team that developed the rendering engines for Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander. Our engine will allow you to explore vast, new procedural worlds with diverse terrain and build on everything from small, airless rocks to huge earth-type planets. No two maps are exactly alike.
Nameless
Trained
Trained

Re: Planetary Annihilation

Post by Nameless »

Now *that's* something we need haha. From the descriptor it kinda reminds me of minecraft and all it's various clones.
If you're reading this; you're awesome.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

What WZ could really use is this games Advanced Command and Control Mechanics and UI.

If it had that, it would no longer languish in the niche fringes of the genre, imho.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Rman Virgil wrote:.

What WZ could really use is this games Advanced Command and Control Mechanics and UI.

If it had that, it would no longer languish in the niche fringes of the genre, imho.

Specifically, attatched to augmented Commander UI and making use of proposed camera scheme for shooting Machinima from a few weeks back here:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10427&hilit=camera

To see what I mean, check out their vid and look for the section on their Command UI to manage multiple armies on different planets - which in WZ would be multiple armies on different parts of the map making use of the mini-map to step through or teleport the Command PoV:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/77126/ ... ohns-picks

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

I must say that that looks like the rts I always wanted :)
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

milo christiansen wrote:I must say that that looks like the rts I always wanted :)
I'll jump on that bandwagon. :)

From the looks of it they have exceeded their Kickstart funding goal so it will surely see the light of day to play. I'm gonna guess it still has a full 2 years of development ahead of it. And what I wouldn't give to see it's Command - Control UI code. Exactly what WZ commanders need to take WZ to the forefront of RTSs, IMHO. :hmm:

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo