deleted maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
raycast
Trained
Trained

deleted maps

Post by raycast »

Removed.
Last edited by raycast on 03 May 2013, 21:08, edited 2 times in total.
raycast
Trained
Trained

Re: maps by Ray

Post by raycast »

Removed.
Last edited by raycast on 03 May 2013, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I just played 4c-RayUnbalancedS.wz and here are some impression :

1- You made the ai build their base mid-way (in 2.3.9 at least). I believe they fix their base based on the starting truck. So fix that starting truck.
2- You made them build more than one line in gateways. It's unless if the structures dont fire together. I always say : If your units don't shoot at anything, shoot on your own. Can't be worst.
3- Lot of cliffs are straight and in the path of other units. That make units get stuck a lot in the cliff. Make a little curve on the other end of them or something to avoid.

That is pretty good for a first map. Thx.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Iluvalar :)

Aren't you scared to give advices? when I type such posts, I am called cruel feelingless bad creature hurting other people, and showman :3 I wanted to replay to the Sir's post here few times, but I simply resigned due to my cruelty :3

If I may spit with my acid voice I would also like to say that like for the first map it is really good. But what worries me is aren't the structures to near the edges of the map? forth tile is enough? I always put it at least at fifth. Also if I may make me happen hateded even more, I dare to advice that making the water surface a little bit lower than the shore surface, makie it look more nice or natural.

Damn I am a bustard.

Regards,

Mero, RekamPam Dratsub :hmm:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
raycast
Trained
Trained

Post by raycast »

Removed.
raycast
Trained
Trained

Post by raycast »

Removed.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

@merrow : If he can't stand the heat, he will tell us :) .

1- I guess you delete the trucks on the side.
2- I meant 2 gateways following each others defending the same amount it's ok to make them 2 tile thick

3- Here is the solution : curve your cliffs a little :
Attachments
wz2100-20120928_212621-RayUnbalancedS-T1.jpg
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

3- I haven't seen anything like that happen for a very long time. (Haven't played old unsupported versions such as 2.3.9 for a very long time, either.) If really wanting to work around bugs in very old versions (which don't even support true multiplayer), you can curve the cliff endings, and that might help.
raycast
Trained
Trained

Post by raycast »

Removed.
Last edited by raycast on 03 May 2013, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Cyp wrote:3- I haven't seen anything like that happen for a very long time. (Haven't played old unsupported versions such as 2.3.9 for a very long time, either.) If really wanting to work around bugs in very old versions (which don't even support true multiplayer), you can curve the cliff endings, and that might help.
Paradoxaly, since you dragged all the crappy new players into 3.1 RC2, I can't remember the last time I saw a real major desynch happen lol.

I take note for the cliffs.
raycast
Trained
Trained

Post by raycast »

Removed.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Regarding AIs, they can't "see" the map like a human can, due to current limitations in the JS API. For that reason they will never really build defences in good places, they basically just find a nearby open space to build a structure and build it with no real thought about whether it is an ideal place or not. So don't worry too much about where AI builds things currently. There are several wishlists for new JS API features that will allow AIs to "see" the map a bit better, but they won't be implemented until at least WZ 3.2, prolly later.

The terrain on your maps certainly looks interesting, however maybe a few trees and log cabins or other features would make it less desolate? Anyway, great to see another map maker on the scene, thanks for the maps! :)
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

The terrain on your maps certainly looks interesting, however maybe a few trees and log cabins or other features would make it less desolate?
hush aubergine ;) they will call you mapsoffender soon too ;) but I dare to agree with the statemen. I am so bad person :ninja:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
raycast
Trained
Trained

Post by raycast »

Removed.
raycast
Trained
Trained

Post by raycast »

Removed.