ManGodAi4x / AquaCoop, Comic, Cinematic…Terminal Dark.

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: ManGodAi4x / AquaCoop In Machinima / FMV Project

Post by Jorzi »

I watched this pretty cool tutorial on different lighting techniques and I thought you might like it since it really considers lighting from an art perspective rather than just technical details.
Video can be found here: http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/mastering-lighting
As you see it's a blender tutorial but it applies to any means of producing an image.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Jorzi wrote:I watched this pretty cool tutorial on different lighting techniques and I thought you might like it since it really considers lighting from an art perspective rather than just technical details.
Video can be found here: http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/mastering-lighting
As you see it's a blender tutorial but it applies to any means of producing an image.
Thanks Jorzi. :) I'll check it out. Every bit helps. Lighting is truely an art on to itself. I can see in my mind's eye but I'm not getting the how of the tools to get there. Ironically, one of my favorite genres is film noir. It's a little frustrating but I'm determined to stick to it. :3 At the moment I'm also learning nav meshes. O_o

Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Meant to post this earlier. An alternate development direction for the cave sequence to the Area 51-like high tech facility.

First from the previous page and then the alternate... needless to say, perhaps - the possibilities can go on and on.

Yet to post: stills from the master frames of the "good" Doctor's "Fortress of Solitude" sequence in the Arctic.... at night..
Attachments
First posted version...
First posted version...
Alternate direction
Alternate direction
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I like the lady very much :3 but why no red hair?! Rman red hair is obligatory :3 I would also allow her to breath a litle bit more, 4 centimetres lenghten the legs, on 6 centimetres highheels :) khaki to fit the uniform :P

But seriously, aimply red hair would do :) and Blue Rose attached! ;)

Seriously Sir, very nice.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, and make sure she's asian :3
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

NoQ bad boy, sometimes I think you are hidden somewhere near just to tease with me within seconds :)

Ok asian for NoQ :P I have to admit your request is very strange :P
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Here's the thing - she is part Asian. Really. That's how I concieved her months ago. :3 The other side of her ancestry is Lakota. With that gene pool, red hair is very unlikely. Course she could be an un-natural red head but that would still leave her age which I made between 45 - 50. I very deliberately did not wanna make her a twenty-something babe. That I will not change and how I did it was by giving her subtle facial and neck wrinkles. So Mero I think she may be too old for you even if I gave her red hair. That is unless you have a fondness for women that are called "cougars". ;) But even that would require a mutual preference and I can tell you right upfront that Boudica prefers men around her age - at least 40. That's how she rolls when she rolls in the hay, so you're outta luck my friend. :lol2:

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Damn.. she needs to be rebreed <crazy scientist smiley smiling at least scary if not even in psychopathic manner>

The Asian part thing +50 to your stats :3 (i create the stats <even more crazy smile here>)

Look how extraordinary you can make her with those unusal genetic features <I nod the most convincingly as I can, my neck start to hurt>

And how dare you to dare! to dare! :P it is NoQ fantasies, he is to blame! <here I wonder if bring the torches and starts sharpening a stake?> Me an Asian beutiful cute ladies at any age, what a pathetic insinuation <I cannot believe I simply cannot believe (a small sort of smile crosses my lips)>

Ok ok, does already all know the Asian thing (of NoQ's) or only my, his! friends?

About the too old part, Sir, it was the part that hurt me most, I have to surprise you, I am not the type of young/ster type only, I dare to admit that women, I am sorry to say (it is just for the terms of understanding) older inspire me too :3

And Rman.. how does she rolls? I mean how? (Freud field of thinking I want to point out hoping that Rman will not tell me to look out :3 )

Is it the crime that I like so much red? it is general not only in bed ;) so when I am seeing the woman in flames, my heart burns and so much gains! The red colour is what me inspire, then hair such looking I deeply desire. It started deep in the past, and all those flames seem to far last. Let me see women in shades of red hair or you will lead me to life despair..

The picture pelow slightly indicate how I see Merah (Rman you know who. And what is more she accidentally seem to have a version of Blue Rose)
ognistowlosa_wojowniczka.jpg

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Merowingg wrote:Damn.. she needs to be rebreed <crazy scientist smiley smiling at least scary if not even in psychopathic manner>

The Asian part thing +50 to your stats :3 (i create the stats <even more crazy smile here>)

Look how extraordinary you can make her with those unusal genetic features <I nod the most convincingly as I can, my neck start to hurt>
Maybe a few months ago I could have taken that turn. But now I'm too deep into it. It's not her. Best I can explain it. :hmm:
And how dare you to dare! to dare! :P it is NoQ fantasies, he is to blame! <here I wonder if bring the torches and starts sharpening a stake?> Me an Asian beutiful cute ladies at any age, what a pathetic insinuation <I cannot believe I simply cannot believe (a small sort of smile crosses my lips)>

Ok ok, does already all know the Asian thing (of NoQ's) or only my, his! friends?
Oh my, Mero, your tastes in the fair sex are a matter of public record, a few times over. :lol2:
About the too old part, Sir, it was the part that hurt me most, I have to surprise you, I am not the type of young/ster type only, I dare to admit that women, I am sorry to say (it is just for the terms of understanding) older inspire me too :3
Well that's good you keep an open mind. :3 I seen many a plain jane exude a natural sultryness that is irresistible But that doesn't change Boudica being set in her ways. ;) She'll giva ya the time of day if you're younger than forty, but that's it.
And Rman.. how does she rolls? I mean how? (Freud field of thinking I want to point out hoping that Rman will not tell me to look out :3 )
Roll in the hay... an old English saying for partaking of carnal knowledge. :D
Is it the crime that I like so much red? it is general not only in bed ;) so when I am seeing the woman in flames, my heart burns and so much gains! The red colour is what me inspire, then hair such looking I deeply desire. It started deep in the past, and all those flames seem to far last. Let me see women in shades of red hair or you will lead me to life despair..
I feel ya. Red heads tend to be special. At different times I kept close company with 2 Irish redhead lasses and, well, they are indeed especially memorable. Blonds tend to be way over-rated no matter how bodaciously gorgeous, imho. Too full of themselves in the most boring and tiresome ways, don't ya know. O_o

The picture pelow slightly indicate how I see Merah (Rman you know who. And what is more she accidentally seem to have a version of Blue Rose)
Ah yes, a classic Lara Croft bod in a steam punk get up - eye candy for sure. :3

Merah, I remember well. Good character in a story with potential for being deeply entertaining. You should carry on with her .... story. :D

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Maybe a few months ago I could have taken that turn. But now I'm too deep into it. It's not her. Best I can explain it. :hmm:
I was of course teasing, I would not dare to tell you to perform any changes, maybe I would suggest but still I doubt, as it is you who know how she is to look like.
Oh my, Mero, your tastes in the fair sex are a matter of public record, a few times over. :lol2:
Well what I like (to see ;)) and be surrounded with, was indeed stated few times here there and everywhere. But I would not like it to be perceived as stallion, or bullock like only thinking, it is on the contrary, as I said I tak this some sort of spiritual inspiration from those beutiful creatures :3 as I was not once told, how can I be se charming and romantic once and bullock like the other time ;) well I have very wide spectrum of behaviour. Also I love this old manner ways of behaving, that is why "Gentlemen" and other thing fill my thoughts and works here. I dont like this "cool babe you look hot" I would say "Forgive me to say but your smile today inspire me" the happines of that girl/ woman was so big that she could not keep smilling whenever we came across that day :) end the look of her face, priceless :) It made me sad at the same time, it seems no one told her somethink like that for a very long time I think.. And I remember not log ago I have told one woman she has nice shoes, oh dear God.. here it was bulls eye, she was so happy that I think she was actually waiting for someone to tell this :)

I also wanted my last threads to be some sort of tense, I hope I did not exaggerate.
Roll in the hay... an old English saying for partaking of carnal knowledge. :D
I know, I just could stom myself to go further.

I like the red colour ladies :) so much, that I was reading about it too, also this annual meeting of red haired people in Ireland may cause me heart attack ;) the meaning of colours, myths, legends, and so on and so on :)

I think weist is Lara's like ;) here I am not even sure if it is real, it is the matter of light, or the girl is like a true bee in shape.. Wornong Spoiler!!!!!!!

But for sure Merah will have red hair and green hair. I will also will make her still very human in her incredibility, she will make many really stupid mistakes, few already introduced to the story. She will be full of passion but with many problems. And yet she is just learning. The picture I liked even more as I said because this "Blue Rose" like Revolver, If add longer barrel, and half swor.. the ornaments, and way it looks (althoug still to small) is very much as I saw it. I like those Winchester like ornaments. But instead of a pheasant you will have.. a watcher? ;) The size of revolver mechanism I like very much, imling clip device would be very nice with it.

On this Sunday it is the dooms day, Italian language will have the last clash with me.. but later on I will go back to writing I think. I know next minutes of Merah how they are going to look like for a very long time, I just need good timing. Poor absorber will have to consider making last stand, and I was inspired in June when coming back from my tutoring, by blocks of flats, in the sun setting scenery, with reddish and yellow sky, with nice clouds. People did not turn on their light yet, but it was quit dark already. I think an entire neighberhour, or sector in a ...... city, will be protected by interesting snipers. The area they live in will be not passable in normal way for a simple stranger. Anyway we will see :)

Rman do I highjack your thread, shall I remain silent now?

And why my coffie is cold?..

Regards,

Mero

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I hear ya Mero. My comments were half in jest. Truth be told, while my eyes are first to notice it is what I hear that turns me toward or away. In either case, with grace and wit and a decided absence of lame plays. :3

Having to juggle creative projects with responsibilies is the way for most. But as long as you can hold on to the enthusiasm for what your creating you can pick your spots and move it forward.

As for the fate of this thread as far as I'm concerned...

I have only one more posting of sneak peek stills from one of the Dr. Reed FMV sequences - some exterior master shots of his Antarctic lair werein I experiment with multiple light sources for the first time. After that, when I return after a spell to post a FMV sampler of Triumph In the Balance, I will make a new thread and simply reference this one with a link for the sake of historical continuity. This final posting here will happen by Sunday.

Regards, Rman Atsitra ;)

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I am glad to hear as for a moment I was concerned that I was already clasiffied ;)

And speaking "for a moment" phraze, it recalls me the Star Treck movie, where they were fighting with Borgs. And this droid, Data? said "I had doubts for 0,000000000000001 of a second.. and for cyborg it is eternity. :)

I cannot wait when I will come back for mapmaking, and for sure Merah story will continue, when I have an idea I have to implement it or I have it on mind all the time.. sometimes it is even a relief :3

I have just recalled when long ago I dreamed about making computer games, I was like 15 years old, and my father asked some people how those are being made, and what is needed. At that time, around 1998.. it was mostly maths.. so I remember I was so disappointed, as the maths was the only field I hate and was terrible at. And over ten years later it turned out that I can make actualy "sort" of a game. I make the maps, and I think you cannot imagine the passion and happiness I have from it. It is visible from the very beginning, the releasing dates say a lot, one after another, and FlaMe was not so improved, so it took me many hours, and still :) what is more I was taught how to use it by a player from California via Gmail Chat how to use it as there was no manual. Mattbrit, and here NEXUS his nick is. Unfortunatelly all contacts with him are lost for me and my friend for over a year.. he disappeared everywhere..

Your thread is quit impressive Rman, and also are the graphics. And once again I have to admit it is such a pleasure to read your complex posts :3

P.S.

I see you like the backward signature as well ;)

Regards,

Mero RekamPam <<

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Spent hundreds of hours with EditWorld and hundreds with FlaME. Enjoyed both but the pleasure with FlaME was greater because even when it was first released it was already way more powerful, IMHO.

My mapmaking now is totally in the service of my Machinima shooting for "Triumph In The Balance". When that's done I'm done.

I can relate to your sensibility about game-making and mapmaking. But for me the mitigating issues surrounding those (and modding) have led me in a direction I have total control of and my work cannot be arbitrarily broken by what others are doing with what interests them. Then there is the whole MP play-testing deficeit. Another frustration eliminated from the creation equation.

So now it just amounts to creating a compelling experience that begins with storytelling which is then transformed into a visually enaging FMV. What iterations I go through with that work are entirely of my choosing and are at heart a matter of my evolving craft and aesthetics. For me this is most rewarding. Entirely a win-win plus the ROI is not locally dependent - another huge boon. :)

Your work and postings Mero have been rewarding to me so it's good to hear that there is a natural reciprocity in play. In this medium there is nothing more worthwhile than that dynamic, IMHO. :D

I do like the reverse siggy. ;) Reminds me of how Leonardo wrote his notebooks/codex.

Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Aquatone: The Doctor's lair from afar.

You'll have to press on the image to see it in full - the bb is chopping off about 40% of the image.

I would have done the normal attatchment with the lot of 'em but my Droid JB OS is wierdly conflicting with the board software and won't allow me to so I ULed this one image to my PhotoBucket account and posted the .img link as a temp work-around just to give a quick take on this final set of still peeks. When I get back home later today I'll re-UL from my WIN workstation this pic plus some other close-ups as the usual attatchments which work perfectly as far showing the whole image from the get go. I loaded about 30 shots to my Galaxy Note before I left home to decide which handful I would post and thus this pickle. O_o

Spoiler:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Very nice concept, a few crits/suggestions if I may :)
-The background cliffs/mountains being untextured is something I assume you are going to address. Alternatively, you can make them much darker so that they only show up as a silhouette. Not sure how this will affect the overall color composition of the scene, though.
-The lighting on the base is good, and your use of coloured light and bumpmaps really works, but one thing is still missing: you don't see the lightsources. This is of course something commonly encountered in computer graphics. Lightsources don't show up because they have no geometry, unlike a real lamp where you can see the tungsten filament. In other words: we need to fake it. The usual approach is to make some brightly coloured semitransparent geometry, that doesn't interact with the lighting on the scene. Warzone does this all the time, for example here: download/file.php?id=12553&mode=view
As you can see on the landing lights, the center part is totally white, while the edges are approximately the color of the light. The tricky technical part is to specify that they shouldn't take scene lighting into account nor should they cast shadows (otherwise they will block the actual lightsource, paradoxically enough).
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-