ManGodAi4x / AquaCoop, Comic, Cinematic…Terminal Dark.

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: ManGodAi4x / AquaCoop In Machinima / FMV Project

Post by Jorzi »

Sounds good, I was wondering more about the software (game engine/CPU renderer?) you use. Maybe I can help you out?
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Jorzi wrote:Sounds good, I was wondering more about the software (game engine/CPU renderer?) you use. Maybe I can help you out?
That's generous of you to offer and I appreciate it. :) Your feedback has already instructed me. :3 I need to spend more careful time working out my lighting. I'm hurrying through it. Too focused on other aspects, I'm starting to realize. Using YafaRay in my pipeline... but not Blender. Probably shoulda went with Blender years ago but I didn't and now I just have this project and "Godiva's Masquerade" to complete and that's it for me in this medium. With the learning curves involved it's not practical for me to switch up apps at this stage. Besides, at heart, I'm old school analog media. If it wasn't for my interest in WZ I probably would never have gone this road, truth be told. :hmm: Glad I did but it's not really long term for me.

Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Ah YafaRay.. That should give you all the lighting you need, but I understand that for a more traditional artist, it gets awfully technical. Do you have a good exporter or do you have to tweak stuff in xml?
I would indeed recommend blender if it wasn't for the learning curve (although it got a bit flattened out with 2.6x) but I understand that one simply doesn't just switch apps in the middle of a project. Anyway, could you tell a bit more about your current workflow, what modeling/animation apps you use etc..?

I am asking because, while I may not have experience with the particular software, I have a lot of general knowledge about render engines, lighing models and other technical stuff, and I might be able to help you get the settings you want.
ImageImage
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Flow? More of a quirky bounce or, better yet, running whitewater Class IV rapids in a old kayak. :lol2: ~ TrueSpace, 3DCrafter, Jahshaka CineFX, Sculptris, ArtRage Studio Pro, Trimble SketchUp are some.. sure sign of a rank amateur with this. :3 Crazy inefficient, I know. Needless to say I mostly learn from mistakes and accidents and misshaps. A diehard bricoleur. My favorite process being bricolage. :hmm:

Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Boudica's first look at the main chamber trove...

Enough peeks for a spell, me thinks.:3 But, as in evidence with this snap, because of Jorzi's solid input and interest, I'm puttung more care and time into my lighting. Still a journey ahead but I'll keep learning even as I follow my quirky modus operandi. ;)
Attachments
Chamber Trove
Chamber Trove
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Looking good :)
The addition of a shadow already adds more depth, and you can immediately see that we are in a hangar with its gate open.
ImageImage
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I thank you Jorzi for taking time from what is surely a busy schedule to help me out. In sharing pieces of this WIP, that quality feedback was an unexpected boon. :D By stepping out of the workshop for these postings I was simply following through on words spoken in the recent past thinking that those who can entertain out of the box extentions to the WZ canon might find it intriguing. For me, being thoroughly engaged in the work itself is reward enough. That is my norm. :3

EDIT: I'm considering whether to post peeks into the Dr. Reed sequence next, after a spell of nought.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Heh you make it sound like I was some kind of widely acclaimed expert :)
I often put a lot more time on things getting much less appreciation.
I find much more inspiration when I'm not alone doing stuff.
ImageImage
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Jorzi wrote:Heh you make it sound like I was some kind of widely acclaimed expert :)
Well what I meant was that over the years I have appreciated your work: the care, quality, vision executed and dedication you've put into all of it. And continue to while also lending a hand to others who would embark on those journeys of creating.
I often put a lot more time on things getting much less appreciation.
I find much more inspiration when I'm not alone doing stuff.
I can appreciate both those as well.

Over the years in this community there have been quite a few whose work has inspired me and it has been important for me to express that value received.

While WZ will always have a special place for me, it is really those like yourself who share their efforts that has kept me coming back - for the inspiration but also to give back in kind as I can.

Reciprocity is exceptional where ever it arises, in cyber space or life in 4D, and wonderous powerful when it flows naturally. I believe it a core dynamic in any gathering of individuals that would thrive beyond the simple sum of their seperate ways and means.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Couple stills from the last sequence I said I'd post.

I'll do a couple more l8r that will be from master shots of the sequence.

Attachments
Reed 1A.jpg
Reed 2A.jpg
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Rman :)

There is a cool Polish game called Machinima :) I reccomend :)

Nice pictures Sir :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Rman my friend all cool but how can I contact you again.. :|
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Merowingg wrote:Rman my friend all cool but how can I contact you again.. :|
Thanks Mero. :) Use my gmail addy. I still have yours. I can send mine to you if you can't find it. It's been
awhile, I know. :3

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ah yes, I got it, I will type soon :)

Why so cutted off son why so cutted off ;)

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Merowingg wrote:....

Why so cutted off son why so cutted off ;)
Peeps took advantage of the PM. Rude, waste of my time. Don't wanna deal with it anymore. That's all. Thems that fall outside this with good manners, can email me. :)