Unforgettable Games That You Have Ever Played

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Re: Unforgettable Games That You Have Ever Played

Post by Giani »

zerosum wrote:DAOC anyone?
DAOC? Nvm.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
zerosum
Greenhorn

Post by zerosum »

Giani wrote:
zerosum wrote:DAOC anyone?
DAOC? Nvm.
Yeah, I know... very old stuff :P (like me). That's where the "Zerg" word comes from, I believe, so I thought this could ring a bell here.
Fussel
Greenhorn

Post by Fussel »

There are so many unforgettable games, maybe you know "Dark Reign"?
It is a really great game and i liked the story so much, was a very great idea, but i never never have won the very last battle :kez_11:
The story was simple. You as a commander of a starship have found an orbiter with a message from an old war between two fractions, the Imperium and the Freedomforce (some sort of slaves). It was send from a small science group called Torian whos planet had been destroyed in this war. Inside the orbiter was a time portal which send you back to that great battle in which the planet was destroyed, but before it opens and sending you back in time you have to replay a dozen past battles between these two partys and of course you have to win.
Nice that you get information about the real ending in the battles you have to replayed, it felt like digging in future-past history.

The game itself was very great too. The two fractions had very different type of units and designed with very much love to details. One of the best features was the unit behavior menu. You could set roaming for example so that the chosen units autonomous moved over the map with fleeing when contact for scouting, just attacking but fleeing when self beeing attacked (funny with air units) or fighting to death and some more options.

The weapons had been that great. For example there was an underground transport called Phasetransport. Like a BTM without weapon and under the earth. An other example was the "Schnitter", dont know how to translate this word into english, think about a very fast hover-buzzsaw killing just the infantry (funny used with roaming hit n run behavior).

Today you can download the game as a rip version on some abandon ware sites, but i dont know if it is really free to play because many site operators just lie to get clicks so i will not give you a link here. For old RTS fans this game is even today worth a play.
In my topics you can find all new information and relevant links always in the first post.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Sounds really interesting, and it seems you do like the game.

I am not sure if I typed it here but I want to add Mass Effect 2 to the list. I am in the middle I think now, and there are things I like, which is some economy, or shall i say gathering resources, upgrades of many things, and fps, of two kinds, running and shooting, often dieung, or tactical one, when I watch with pleasure how Shepard (In my case red head, green eyed, girl :)) performs actions :)

The second one is Dungeon siege 3 I think I havew finished 1% of it now :3 but I just love it :) my hero is a rusian accent gipsy looking gun handling lady, which shots from pistols and rifles on.. high heels :) litle thing but so nice for my eyes :) I like the graphics and style :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Giani the F story here :)

viewtopic.php?p=105284#p105284
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Merowingg wrote:Giani the F story here :)

viewtopic.php?p=105284#p105284
F story?
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

You have to press this blue thing, the link, and there is a text, you have to read it, and then you not necesarly have to, but I think you should understand.. :3 :doh:

Regards - Mero
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Merowingg wrote:You have to press this blue thing, the link, and there is a text, you have to read it...
Is that an explanation to "What is a F story?"?
I didn't see anything related to a "F story" in that text...
Or did you meant "Games, Situations in Games - Hard to Accomplish"?
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Merowingg wrote:The F button...

What is that? :hmm:
It is the answer to your question Giani.. you do need vacation soon :3 :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Trine! Just great game with fairy-tale graphics, and excellent music.

Dungeon siege 3 and Test Drive Unlimited 2 :)

Regards - Mero
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Warzone 2100 :!:
Wings of Honour :!:
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Warzone 2100 :!:
Well I assume it is obvious for us all here, but thanx for mentioning :3 :)

Wings of Honour is a plane game during second war yes?

Regards - Mero
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Yes it is a old game.
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
E-102 Gamma
Regular
Regular

Post by E-102 Gamma »

Airfix Dogfighter.

It's a World War II-themed flight sim in which you fly various model airplanes. Gameplay involves shooting/blasting/bombing expensive china plates and other breakable things to get power-ups and destroying enemy model tanks, airplanes, buildings, and the like. A real gem of a game. :)

Pity it was such a flop. :(
driver4
Trained
Trained

Post by driver4 »

SIREN: Blood Curse, a survival horror game where you have to use stealth to avoid zombies called "shibito", who can only be knocked out for a short time. The game focuses on a "Sight-jack" mechanic which allows the player to see through the eyes of the shibito to help figure out what they are looking at/ where they are in the level.