Shall we be scared? Only formal style?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I have just came across this while learning new forum layout.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9769

Do I understand that if I make a topic called "do you like to dig in your nose?" it will not be allowed or treated with fierce annulment?

Seriously I do not get the message, that is why I ask. We are to talk about the game only?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Shall we be scared? Only formal style?

Post by Per »

The new forum rules say: "Discussion and straying slightly off-topic is fine". However, note the "slightly". We are not running your local pub here. So if you want to debate picking your nose (or whatever), find some other forum to do it on.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ok Sir, fair enough.

Thank you.

May I just know one more thing. Why didnt you like pla pla pla stuf of any kind in a sort of "hated" and placed in one place section? I asumme it is all about maintenance? Or giving respect to our game?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

Ok, so this is the end of MaP PlacE and Corrupt a Wish topics?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I would hazard: yes and yes.
iap wrote:Ok, so this is the end of MaP PlacE and Corrupt a Wish topics?
That would be a yes as I understand the stricture linked in the first post.

I would expand on that understanding like so -

Wetware automata clinically exchanging engineering specifications would be the prefered ideal. Automata reside in a matrix not a lounge ergo the laters disappearance and the hard distinction between conversation designated a friendly chat and one judged a formal discussion devoid of humanizing expression.

Fun and humor in any communicated form, as in the oxymoron 'mindless' banter, is held to be subversive of this ideal wetware state.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Rman I think I will make your fan club :3

But what with my extraordinary posts? there is so many of them, and so many to be..

What with Merah..

:augh:

P.S.

The smiley with multiple bracket express my ultra smiley which means the smile of the smileys. The best one. I created it at the very beginning of my comuter usage. About the year 2006 I think.. Yes young gentlemen I had my first computer at the age of 21 can you imagine?!
Last edited by Merowingg on 05 Aug 2012, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Merowingg wrote:
But what with my extraordinary posts? there is so many of them, and so many to be..

What with Merah..

:augh:
I would guess that since there have been no wholesale deletions or lock-downs of those type threads that the hoped for best case scenario is that the new stricture is thoroughly assimilated, no new posts are made to those type threads and that they be left to wither on the vine till they pass on into necro-land which will invoke the necro ban by default.... And also desired, I believe it safe to infer, is that no new threads of this type are ever again created (and if they are created the party will be duly warned and the thread locked... or perhaps they may be summarily deleted, depending on the autocratic perogative en vogue.)

Paul
Trained
Trained

Post by Paul »

Why is this thread here? This is not game related at all :roll:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Do you need help? Ask here!
Well, anyway. No matter how much i hate the corrupt-a-wish thread, i think it's a good thing to have. Place for random off topic talk is a good thing to have in general. Makes the forum a bit more alive and certainly more addictive for a certain category of good people (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well, anyway. No matter how much i hate the corrupt-a-wish thread, i think it's a good thing to have. Place for random off topic talk is a good thing to have in general. Makes the forum a bit more alive and certainly more addictive for a certain category of good people (:
+1,5

Regards - Mero
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I dont even read corrupt a wish ...I have to agree others find it entetaining if you dont like it dont read it simple thats a fact.
Morons that raise the dead are more anoying.
My 2 cents and mero keep the smilies down.
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

Oh, I don't like these topics at all, but they are very important to the life of the community.
If I feel comfortable with the members of this community, and consider them intelligent enough for a conversation, I will surely want to make some more completely off topic discussions.

Keeping the community only talking about balance and maps will eventually reduce it to a technical forum.But most of the members here are not board engineers, they are gamers!

Anyway, two more things:
I have seen this process happening before...

And mero, since I wanted to open a Rman fan club myself, let me be the first to join your club!
(That way we could help each other understand the deep meaning of the words he say)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Paul wrote:Why is this thread here? This is not game related at all :roll:
Leave the moderation decisions to us, thank you very much. You are not helping.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

My 2 cents and mero keep the smilies down.
I am not sure if I understand correctly. Is it a sort of threat? I understand it as I will tell a word and no more smileys, and as asking for me to reduce the number of smileys.

What is it then, or maybe anything other?

Regards - Mero
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

I really want to add to the moderators please don't take it as an attack against you or your policy. I really appreciate the hard work of keeping the community happy and trolls free, and I thenk you for the hard work you do!

But really, about the chat and off topics issue, it is better constructively to the community to allow these things. Maybe mero want to talk about picking his nose, and I want to talk about a science article I've read or somebody else about the crazy weather in his town or the trip he is planning to nowhere.
Sharing these things here is not because people lives the game, but because they love and trust the community! Don't disallow it...