What happened to the AI?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
hessuu
Rookie
Rookie

What happened to the AI?

Post by hessuu »

Decided to check back to warzone after a long time, and it seems the ai is much less effective in 3.1 than 2.3.9. I tested 4v4 in beggarscanyon with insane ais and fast energy. In 2.3.9 the chokepoint was heavily contested by armies, but in 3.1 there were only very small raids every now and then.

I'd like to play coop with a friend, but the ai is just not up to the task. :(
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: What happened to the AI?

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Try Nullbot or Ultimate Scavengers. They'll give you what you're looking for. :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Nexus AI is no longer power-cheating in v3.1_beta11. It is still research-cheating though. You can compare to 3.1_beta10 and see if this is the exact difference you are refering to.

Semperfi is completely non-cheating.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Not sure why but several of the SK games I have played Semperfi (8p) would utterly destroy the Nexus AI. That was pre beta 11
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

When Semperfi works as intended, it can be quite nasty, but it really depends on the right map and map settings. I mostly developed it on Highground, with full bases, in which case it will attempt to corner you in your own start area, before taking all the expansions in the center. If you know it is coming, it is easy to defeat, though.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Yeah, I found that out one game. Two of the AIs and myself were overrun within the first 30 minutes of the game.
hessuu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hessuu »

Interesting, thanks for good replies. Nullbot seems exactly what's needed. I noticed too that semperfi seemed to do a bit better than nexus.