Power #4 Paranoia

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Jabol
Trained
Trained

Re: Power #4 Paranoia

Post by Jabol »

Yet another damn threat where NOBODY knows about what it is about.

Seriously, stop with this sh*t.
I have changed this signature because a developer thinks it's offensive.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Jabol wrote:Yet another damn threat where NOBODY knows about what it is about.

That's what the thread is all about ! To have a moderation where there is no black hole like this. You would know what we are talking about !

It's awesome to see all those people we barely never heard of suddenly leaguing on the devs side. Even though they dont have any idea what we are talking about.

2 Zydonk : Yeah I also felt it was very weird, to suddenly stop the topic and everything while the D. name was stickied in the thread for like 2 months long without any problems. It felt sudden.

Anyway, I believe it's over now. Right ?
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Jabol
Trained
Trained

Post by Jabol »

Iluvalar wrote:
Jabol wrote:Yet another damn threat where NOBODY knows about what it is about.

That's what the thread is all about ! To have a moderation where there is no black hole like this. You would know what we are talking about !

It's awesome to see all those people we barely never heard of suddenly leaguing on the devs side. Even though they dont have any idea what we are talking about.

2 Zydonk : Yeah I also felt it was very weird, to suddenly stop the topic and everything while the D. name was stickied in the thread for like 2 months long without any problems. It felt sudden.

Anyway, I believe it's over now. Right ?
Who said I am on the devs side? I am nor on devs side or the regural playerbase side.
I have changed this signature because a developer thinks it's offensive.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Over and out...
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

he cannot create hosts
Hosting in the lobby implies posting something on this website (the game list is publicly available there).
It's normal for a website owner to care about what is posted.
He can still play by IP or make his own lobbyserver.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

I expect mercy for all, not just those who you get along with. I'm truly disgusted that people aren't more forgiving. He did some truly bad things and he's quite far from perfect, but I haven't washed my hands of him because he is doing the best he knows how, even when he fails miserably. He's a friend of mine, but god knows sometimes I explode at him for all the little things that build up and I pull all my services from his channel from time to time, but I still stay around because I believe in multiple chances.
Also known as Subsentient.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

I am sick of this: both the devs and the regural player base.
Last edited by Andrie on 13 Aug 2012, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I believe in multiple chances
You often need to somehow balance it with responsibility: even if you yourself are ok to be hurt, other people involved will not necessarily like it. This is especially a problem if you are responsible for their well-being somehow. So your friendly attitude of mercy may lead to some very badly unwanted outcome. That's why moderator actions are often misunderstood by regular users who don't have this sort of responsibility feeling involved. I'm sure you do know what i'm talking about, seeing how you watch your clan members. Also, even more problems arise when it comes to the reputation thing.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

NoQ cuts to the heart of it.

How often you turn the other cheek to be smacked by someone is a personal moral choice. When others are adversely impacted (not just you alone), others for whom you are responsible for providing a safe environment, then the options change (in a secular context, to be sure, which is what this is).

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo