Givin' up them props for Cowboy :-)

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Givin' up them props for Cowboy :-)

Post by Rman Virgil »

----------------

* For those of you who go back to the NEWST (l8r Pumpkin2 & Rts.net) days I don't have to tell you who Cowboy is or his story coming out of the WZ community.

* For those not in the know a quick  synopsis: Cowboy came in as a shy, very  bright & talented  kid who didn't know much to start 'bout codeing but had a passion for trying to curtail cheating in WZ2100 MP.

* Over the years he developed Direct Games with WZ at the heart of his passion - getting stronger & more able in his skills following his passion. Couple a years ago while finishing up his degree (with honors) in one of the most prestigious tech universities in the country, he had an idea to create a company that would allow him to make a living while pursuing the passion that was seeded in WZ MP.

* Well.... meet Brian Chavez aka Cowboy, now a young man on the road to successfull entrepreneurship as President, Founder & Chief Software Architect of http://www.bitarmory.com

* And he still hasn't forgotten WZ... :)

* Go get them MP cheaters - Cowboy !

- RV :)

* EDIT: Nobody was more passionate about liberating the WZ source than Cowboy (though quite a few  shared the same level  of commited passion to that end)...

* When the source was finally liberated there was much uncertainty about compiling the first .exe (we'd heard about the many months ordeal the "Homeworld" community had doing just that.)

* Well.... Cowboy rolled up his sleaves and within a few hours, driven with laser focus, he'd dealt with the mess of errors and successfully compiled the first liberated .exe of WZ. And so this journey could begin in earnest.
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 12 Sep 2007, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Re: Givin' up them props for Cowboy :-)

Post by Chojun »

That's great, I'm glad to see that he has finally acheived the beginnings of his dreams.  I know he's worked hard for it.. :)
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

excellent !!
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Solitaire
Trained
Trained

Post by Solitaire »

Dammit, why aren't there more posts in this thread?! :o

And why have I been gone so long so as not to notice?!?  :-[

Oh yeah, RL. D'oh.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Solitaire wrote: Dammit, why aren't there more posts in this thread?! :o

And why have I been gone so long so as not to notice?!?  :-[

Oh yeah, RL. D'oh.
* I know huh ?

* What up with that ?

* Anyhoot..... latest word is DGO is alive & kicking.... doin just fine. :)

* We'll be working with the API when it's available (WZ2200.com)

- RV :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Well.... Cowboy rolled up his sleaves and within a few hours, driven with laser focus, he'd dealt with the mess of errors and successfully compiled the first liberated .exe of WZ. And so this journey could begin in earnest.
Thought that was Kevins claim to fame?

Still, good going Cowboy!

Regards, Freddie.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

EvilGuru wrote: Thought that was Kevins claim to fame?

Still, good going Cowboy!

Regards, Freddie.
* Kevin was there. He tested & verified what Cowboy was doing & was invaluable in accelerating the process.

* We intially had nightmares 'bout what to expect because of the trouble we heard that the "Homeworld" community had compiling an .exe from Relic's source release. If I recall it was the better part of a year...WHY so long I donot know but when Cowboy turned the WZ source round the same day, in a few hours, there was a collective sigh of relief along with the kudos.

- Regards, RV :D

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo