FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

I'll be giving Crowded a run here in a bit. ;)
stealthx
Trained
Trained

Post by stealthx »

alright, so i narrowed down the problem in ubuntu, but with no way to fix it yet.

Exibit A:

this "End If" statment:

Code: Select all

If GraphicsContext.CurrentContext IsNot OpenGLControl.Context Then
            OpenGLControl.MakeCurrent()
        End If
is causeing the crashes in at least the ubuntu distro... how do i know this?

Exibit B

when i delete the above statment from the code This happens:
FLAME 1.png
I would be completely happy with this except this happens:
FLAME 2.png
the map area and tileset areas are transparent!

as you can see (and may already know)... this is a key statment that is also causing a problem. :augh:
"Game over man! Game over!"

In-game User: Penguin Army
stealthx
Trained
Trained

Post by stealthx »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!
i figured it out!

the root problem is errorous auto detection for the linux 24-bit color!

just download the attached settings.ini file and mono WILL WORK.

put the settings.ini file inside the folder where the FlaME.exe is and the final step to make it work under linux is over.

there are NO ERRORS in the terminal view of mono.

LIKE A BOSS!
Attachments
settings.ini
(660 Bytes) Downloaded 225 times
Last edited by stealthx on 13 Jun 2012, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

interesting issue, gald you could find a fix, maybe flail will use that, u think that would be cool wit u?

any how, it looks like flail to a bit of a vacation from this forum.

Thanks, but the stuff in the first half of the forum didnt help, the stuff aubergine gave me helped though.
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 13 Jun 2012, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

and i don't understand why i don't need this fix and flame runs only fine with the mono command
on my ubuntu
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

does any one have a guide or a manual for flaim that i could use, id relly like to learn how to use it better. any help would be nice, thank you in advance.
Dear gods yet another one ;)

Read the first post in this thread so many times untill you will see two links to two manuals.. :lecture:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I've added docs links to the FlaME download page on the wiki: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FLAME/FlaME
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
stealthx
Trained
Trained

Post by stealthx »

Spyro_Drag wrote:interesting issue, gald you could find a fix, maybe flail will use that, u think that would be cool wit u?

any how, it looks like flail to a bit of a vacation from this forum.

does any one have a guide or a manual for flaim that i could use, id relly like to learn how to use it better. any help would be nice, thank you in advance.
id be glad to help! i think this is the main cause for errors, so go ahead and make note that the windows-to-linux graphics transfer is a tricky one...

P.S. the 24-bt color settings of course may vary between PCs, so to mke an ajustment just open the settings.ini in a text editor and edit the MapViewBPP=32 to the appropriate color depth of your graphics card.

this explains why duda's not getting this error, in other words he has either a card & driver that supports 32-bit color by default, or its just easier for mono to utilize autodetected settings for his graphics card.

P.P.S. i read the manual for an install of flame under linux... the fix that was developed for some reason doesn't work with 1.27 for some reason :augh:

Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

Love the "copy-function" (CTRL-mouse klick) and use it A LOT when I setting textures to my maps, but why dosent the rotation of the texture follow ? If I have random it's understandable, but other times... May be a option of some sort.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

First of all did you read the manuas (to of them) Sir?

You can rotate clockwise, anticlockwise, and mirror left to right and the other way.. the buttons are next to copy paste..

Is that your point?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

Fully aware of the rotate function under the texture tab. Sorry if I not was so clear so u all understand my question.

If u put a texture on the map, rotate it 90 degree, put an other texture on the map and rotate this 180 degree, and then make a copy of the first one on the map, that copied texture will also be 180 degree, even if it wasent turned more then 90 degree from the beginning. So the rotation of a copied texture follows the texture chosen rotation under the tab, not the texturer on the map... dam this explanation get even more confusing.
For u ppl that understand, I hope I make sens, for u that dont understand, dont bother answer this ;-)
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

@Mr T, i get it, you placed a texture, copyied it, rotated the copy, and attempted to paste else where, your question is why didnt the pasted spot's texture rotated as well. That is strange, ive never had that happen, actualy i wish there was an option to "Not" rotate the copied texture's, i like a clean place. im a little ocd about it sometimes.

Also did you cheack that you had the latest?
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Mr T, I put an option to get texture orientation with the picker tool on the options page.
Mero, Spyro, that's not it. He's talking about Ctrl-Click.

I wanted to make another release, but a Mono compiler bug is stopping it.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Wow, i guess i havent tried that option yet.

On a Side note, nice to see ya Flail13
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

Flail 13 - thx. Hade a suggestion to have an option to this under a right-click menu (Talked earlier about using the right-click more to function like that. Looking forward to see how u solved the problem)

Looking forward to use the next version. Hope u get the mono version going, sins this is the only version I have manage to work on my 2 machine (Mac and PC)