Games, Situations in Games - Hard to Accomplish

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Games, Situations in Games - Hard to Accomplish

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

The aim of this topic is to give a name of a game (for warzone I have already made one thread which hasn't found a lot of enthusiasm), or games, which at a particular moment, or entire time, were very hard to accomplish.

Giving the level of dificulty and describing the situation which was hard at a game, and how and after which time you managed to pass it, or not.. would be nice :3

Allow me to start.

I was playing Resident Evil 5 recently. I am the final battle now. The saddest thing is I cannot pass the final sequence of the final battle.. I manage it and I win the game.. I feel like a moron as I am just to pres F button according to the F button showed on the screen, well there must be something wrong with me as I have failed 25 times and I had to stop it or I thought I will hit the keyboard which I partly begun to do..

I checked the youtube and it is from there I have found it is very end.. the guys press it and win, whell what the hell is wrong with me? I want to add it is to be tapped in particular pace. Few times..

I am even considering to assume I have finished the game and uninstall it, but I simply cannot.. so one beutiful afternoon if you will hear some strange noisies it will be me hitting the fecking F button...

I am waiting for your stories Gentlemen :) dont be shy, not only epic winners here eh? :)

Regards,

Mero
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Giani
Regular
Regular

Re: Games, Situations in Games - Hard to Accomplish

Post by Giani »

I have 3902481930245839080934580946809246892045 stories about not able to win a game :stressed: :stressed: and I even can't remember all of them :!!!:
Resident evil 4, I won the game, but I just can't pass a part at the beggining in expert difficulty because I have to click X for like 5 minutes :x and my finger gets tired...
God of war I, I can't finish the game because the games stucks at 2/3 :|
God of war II, in expert difficulty, at half of the game there is a part of a giant whit a giant horse and a giant hammer, impossible to kill...
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

I've never managed to beat the last level of Max Payne 2, mostly due to it's nasty traps. Even so, i've enjoyed the game, it is really challenging, unlike most games out there (*cough* HL2 *cough*).
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I don't know if it's very in the topic, but in master of magic, there is a theoretical scenario in which you have 14 sorcery books, summoning mastery and sorcery mastery at the same time. If that would ever happen, the discounts for summoning a sky drake (the fiercest unit of the came and usually one is enough to win) would sum to 100% discount.

In effect that would mean that the player would be able to instantly summon as much unit as it can enter in a 5x5 area around his summoning(s) circle(s) each turn with a cost of zero. That would be 225 sky drakes where 1 is enough to win.

But I never heard of anyone achieving this. You'd need to find the 7 books, spread around the world in hundreds of dungeon and having the supreme luck to only find sorcery books (where 5 elements exists). THAT would be an epic win ^^.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote:I don't know if it's very in the topic, but in master of magic, there is a theoretical scenario in which you have 14 sorcery books, summoning mastery and sorcery mastery at the same time. If that would ever happen, the discounts for summoning a sky drake (the fiercest unit of the came and usually one is enough to win) would sum to 100% discount.

In effect that would mean that the player would be able to instantly summon as much unit as it can enter in a 5x5 area around his summoning(s) circle(s) each turn with a cost of zero. That would be 225 sky drakes where 1 is enough to win.

But I never heard of anyone achieving this. You'd need to find the 7 books, spread around the world in hundreds of dungeon and having the supreme luck to only find sorcery books (where 5 elements exists). THAT would be an epic win ^^.
Sounds like minecraft, but whit more magic...
ShadowMan42
Greenhorn

Post by ShadowMan42 »

going way back... That infamous jet-ski section in Battletoads. I lost a controller to that sequence...
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Giani man it seems you give up easily.. :( :( :(

Black Project, the Max Payne 1/2 epic games time, and this entirely new slowmotion thing.. :) it was so deadly fun to use it. I remember I had some trouble in one of the parts too with a boss, but I have finishe both of them :) and I have bought them for not more than five Euros on Steam sales this christmas :)

Iluvalar your game sounds interesting.

ShadowMan42 I didnt play it but I believe :)

I remember one boos in game on PSX One called Xena Warrior Princess with which I fought 40 minutes.. of pure action.. after that I went for a walk shaking ;) Also I remember some great wins in Need For Speed Most Wanted :) I got angry so many times whn just before the finishline I crashed..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Merowingg wrote:Giani man it seems you give up easily.. :( :( :(
I don't...
And I could pass the part of the rock in Resident Evil 4, in expert difficulty :wheee: But until now I have 36 deaths XD And just 12% of my shots missed :D
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ah Giani :) so you have finished Resident Evil 4 yes ? I did :) I also finished 1, 2, 3 on PSX one :)

I have just epic fail with installing on a laptop The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings, as.. after instalation it started downloading 14 GB patch! :) It would be all ok if no 4 GB transfer limit on satellite internet.. so here the White Wolfs story ends for me for now..

I want to add I just lowe and recommend The Witcher saga books, and both games based on the books :)

Regards - Mero
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Merowingg wrote:Ah Giani :) so you have finished Resident Evil 4 yes ? I did :) I also finished 1, 2, 3 on PSX one :)
I only finished the normal difficulty, at expert I am at 1/3 of the game.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

ah :) great man :) I have finished only normal :)

Regards - Mero
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

In Final Fantasy 7 when all the weapons appear over the world map, I had no idea what to do continue with the games story. So figured I had to kill the emerald weapon under the sea.

I tried fora long, long time to kill it even though it wasn't part of the main game story but failed constantly. In the end , few months later I found it in a guide book and realised I had to get the knights of the round materia from the secret cave in the middle of the north eastern sector of the map. So had too breed a gold chocobo that could travel deep/shallow sea and run over mountains.

Ah good times XD
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

hehehe :)

You have just reminded me how I stuck in tomb rider 4 on psx one, for about five months :) there was this very big room, and about eight i think sort of pawns to be set appropriately on the rooms floor, i did it hundreds of times, for example elephant to elephant, tiger to tiger, and nothing happened, I even thought the game was broken.. i got bored doing so lets say once a week trying.. that I was even playing granadier shoting the granades to jump funny before they explode, and one time during strange gemes of boredom and being resighen I moved two pawns.. OMG????????????????????????????????????? the door opened???????????????????????????? I remember I got shocked, I was afraid to touch joystick :) During all that time I did all as it was to be.. with one difference :) after all pawns went to their places, two of the eight pawns were to be moved one tile.. just one tile inwards of the room as the small ornamented arrows on the flor were indicating.. and which I have never seen before that time :)

I also stuck in this game at the very beginning as I didnt know I have to jump on animals pictures so the torches begun to fire and finaly the door open :)

Regards - Mero
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

Reminds me of tomb raider one, when i found the T-rex, i relentlessly tried to kill it even though it wasnt part of the main story (like in fial fantasy 7 dunno why i always did that) and tried for days but could never press the button and jump around fast enough to kill it. In the end i found a technique of jumpig in and out of a small water pool and swimming under when the T-rex tried to kill me. That T-rex's bpdy still lies of the floor of the jungle with 1000000 million bullets in, my thumb never recovered though.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hehe :) It reminds me of V.I.P. game on PSX one, one of the main haracters was Pamela Anderson, thats why I liked it! ;) seriously.. I was 16 then.. Pamelka Anderson? you know? for best results great pictures were uncovered!

But the game was great because one thing, the characters (few of them) were movin alone but.. when it come to foght or action you were to pres one of the right side of the joystic buttons, I mean, triangle, circle, cross, and square all in shor time and combination. At firs single buttons appeared but later on I think there was up to six!

The last battle with the boss was very hard because there was 8 to be pressed few times i think. Damn, i tried many times, you had to be very focused, as the single mistake was resulting in being hit. I remember the joystick was even falling from my hands, as different muscles were used to focus while pressing them ultra fast.

There was also some shooting in game, and arrow pressing while stealth actions.

it was based on V.I.P. series, I like it very much then, google it out and you will understan why ;)

Pressing fast of the button reminds me of Metal Gear Solid game, the first on PSX One, where in the middle of the game Snake was tortured with electricity, and to make him survive you had keep pressing circle button fast enough, so the bar was keept up, and Snake did not die. I remember puttin my joystick between legs while sitting then, and hittin the button from above, the story was.. you couldnt get the finger away from the button, because it was authomatically slower. I remember you had t oescape bettwen the tortures, each was harder and you had to type the button even faster, I think fourt one was unpassable for normal person ;) Funny thing was to escape you had to hide bebeath the bed in cell, or lay covwered in ketchup on the floor, in both situations, guard was entering the cell and you could hit him. Snek was partly unclothed, so you had to put scarf on him for a moment, if you didnt, he was sneazing later on for a while in the game, which was a teribe thing, while you were perfecly hidden, and suddenly he sneezed turnig others attention. Alco hiding in boxes was epic. I played the game twenty times at different levels of dificulty. What a game! what times!

Regards - Mero