Any map with oil only at bases?

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Flalt
Rookie
Rookie

Any map with oil only at bases?

Post by Flalt »

Has anyone come across such a map, where fighting for oil fields isn't the main focus of the game, but rather amassing large equal armies and sending them off to one another's bases? If so, link or name please.

The map would have to be new enough to work with the newer versions of the game (unless someone has converted it and can upload)...

Bonus points if it's 1v1.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Re: Any map with oil only at bases?

Post by Giani »

Check showcase section, and when the addons section 's maintenance is finished, you can check there.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Flalt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flalt »

It's a bit much work. I thought someone might've recalled one...
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

That might actually be a useful feature to include in the new addons section that's under development - the ability for map makers to specify whether their map only has base oil, or whether there is oil out in the battlefield as well...
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

aubergine wrote:That might actually be a useful feature to include in the new addons section that's under development - the ability for map makers to specify whether their map only has base oil, or whether there is oil out in the battlefield as well...
The game is not meant to be played with oil only in base. It destroy timing and research paths entirely. It's very bad unless you make it a specific map in controlled environnement meant for that.

The subgenre was called "NTW" because of the map called 8c-NTWver2 which was packed in delphino's NTW mod. Many players that claim playing "high oil" only play that specific map that have¹ just the perfect width and speed (concrete) to allow everybody to have fun in those parameters.

¹ A bit unintentionality.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Reunion (6-player FFA, 8 oils in every base and that's it).
Attachments
wz2100-20120531_094210-Reunion_s-T1.jpg
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

many players dont like fight for oil fields, it just boring (?)
Attachments
4c-NTW_for_4.wz
(22.34 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Flalt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flalt »

Thanks!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

many players dont like fight for oil fields, it just boring (?)
:doh: :shakehead: :dash1:

It is true, also is the fact that they want the easiest way to play..

I still have this fascination with NTWs and tendency to place a lot of oil on a map, but still less in the bases themselves.

But one have to admit I evolved pretty nice in this field :lecture: please.. anyone.. reassure me.. :augh: :help:
:? :3 :wink:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

i hope in some future time some good developers will care about players who like easy warzone games...
i mean: when we will see high-oil or merowing-oil maps in list of default warzone maps? :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hey Reg312 don't tease with me :bruce: ;) nice :P I want someone to at least pretend and say, yes Mero, you put less oil on the maps recently, and here what I get, an idea of separate section of map called high-oil, or even Merowingg's, which is to indicate at least 36 oils per player in base :roll: XD :wink:

And speaking about this default maps.. I think you cannot imagine how happy I would be if at least one of my maps appeared in such a place.. eh :yahoo:

P.S.

How I improved, is crealy visible in the first post in my thread. All the sections has tendency to go I shall say extremely low in oil amount in comparison to the past, and also the oil begun to wander around too :) :lecture:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

@Merowingg can you create separate thread with 1-2 best map-candidates to add as default warzone high-oil maps
(and attach licenses etc..)
i think it can be possible if forum people (know as community) will support this idea
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

@Merowingg can you create separate thread with 1-2 best map-candidates to add as default warzone high-oil maps
(and attach licenses etc..)
With all the respect Sir it would be damn hard for me to decide the as you have called it the best candidate or two.. My first question is as always can it be placed there under CC BY-SA 3.0 + GPL v2+ or anything stonger, not allowing anyone to interfiere..

To sum up, I am not able to decide, I love all of them, even those leading me to where I am now ugly ducks ;) I wouldn't dare to decide here, I would have to rely on community.
i think it can be possible if forum people (know as community) will support this idea
I wouldn't be so sure, but it is very kind of you :)

Regards - Mero
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

Iluvalar wrote:The subgenre was called "NTW" because of the map called 8c-NTWver2 which was packed in delphino's NTW mod.
Ehm, in NTW mod are 2 NTW maps, 8c-New_TeamWar (which is the first version) and 8c-NTWver2.
Also there is a older 8c-TeamWar, which is the pre version of 8c-New_TeamWar.

All maps can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6333
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

horror .,... i have some maps.. and mero..i don't get it..need more experience???