[MAP] 2P Wake Island + Mini Map

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
DraLUSAD
Trained
Trained

[MAP] 2P Wake Island + Mini Map

Post by DraLUSAD »

2 years ago, I made a small map called Wake Island, it was originally on my main Map "Industrial", I've made some tweaks here and there, and here it is.

P.S. I'm really going about updated all my maps, only a few which I like/Prefer

Wake Island
Mini Map
Mini Map
2c-Wake_Island.wz
V1.2 Wake Island
(10 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Back and working on more maps than before.
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Re: [MAP] 2P Wake Island + Mini Map

Post by iamaloner »

Noob map making... :P

People stop with starcraft sh*t balacing... This aint starcraft and stop making maps desinged for rush making... Try to make some masterpiece maps... I made few of them and some stayed unfinished when I used metalwarrior95 account but I forgot the damn password.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

iamaloner wrote:masterpiece maps... I made few of them
:|
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

When i saw the name "Wake Island", i was expecting something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_Island

I don't want to offend you, but try put some effort on future maps you may want to work on, no need to rush them.

Just my 2 cents.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I like the general idea of it, the shape itself. It would be nice to highlight the terrain from sea level, to make it look more natural. Also some smaller or higher hills on the island would be nice too. Try to use some brushes to paint some nice textures on your maps. As you can see the way you have made your map lefts two very big areas of water at two sides, wouldn't it be a nice place to add something..? something that would harmonise with the layout of the island? You can always put some features, to avoid plainless effect, and voila! :) As you have already been told, do not rush, and try new things without a hesitation :lecture:
Noob map making... :P
Mind your tongue Sir, I do know the "noob" word is just beloved by many here, but if you were to say something, why didn't you type what I have typed above? or my predecessor? wouldn't it be constructive? where is your anger from?
Try to make some masterpiece maps... I made few of them and some stayed unfinished
Dear gods.. I have such a strong temptation to answer that too, but it would be mindless trolling from my side then.. so I will just say no comment, but I have a lot on mind..
I used metalwarrior95 account but I forgot the damn password.
To be more sarcastic, and show you how is it to be helpful and sarcastic, I want to onform you that you can retrieve your forum password, you just have to read wit understanding and the answer is out there. If it is not your account, then the answet is simple. If the facts of the situation are even different, ther is no need to inform me, I did what I could do from here.

DraLUSAD good luck :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

iamaloner wrote: Try to make some masterpiece maps... I made few of them and some stayed unfinished when I used metalwarrior95 account but I forgot the damn password.
iamaloner, I believe you are indeed alone in that perception. But, i really have nothing against you being a legend in your own mind. :3 Though, if you can, try to make your postings less reminiscent of pigeon droppings. ;)

Black Project wrote:When i saw the name "Wake Island", i was expecting something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_Island

I don't want to offend you, but try put some effort on future maps you may want to work on, no need to rush them.

Just my 2 cents.
+1 :hmm:

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansai_Int ... al_Airport

Try to beat me ;)

I have watched very long Discovery program about it. It is a real engineering masterpiece.. just try to find some documentary materials about it, and read the overwhelming statistics..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

Merowingg wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansai_Int ... al_Airport

Try to beat me ;)

I have watched very long Discovery program about it. It is a real engineering masterpiece.. just try to find some documentary materials about it, and read the overwhelming statistics..
This reminds me of Front Mission 3... That artificial island... Great game
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Front Mission 3 was an epic game :) and I do remember the Island there :)

I have bought Front Mission Evolved on Steam, just to feel like in those great PSX One times, the nevest game gains a lot of critic.. I played very little as my one core processor cannot run it smoothly later on.. at the very beginning all was good..

Regards - Mero
DraLUSAD
Trained
Trained

Post by DraLUSAD »

Black Project wrote:When i saw the name "Wake Island", i was expecting something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_Island

Just my 2 cents.
Challenge Accepted!
Back and working on more maps than before.
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

Merowingg wrote:Front Mission 3 was an epic game :) and I do remember the Island there :)

I have bought Front Mission Evolved on Steam, just to feel like in those great PSX One times, the nevest game gains a lot of critic.. I played very little as my one core processor cannot run it smoothly later on.. at the very beginning all was good..
Evolved sucks... Its just a game made to get some cash and bail out.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well I didnt have opportunity to find it out.. but maybe I will..

Regards - Mero
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

Merowingg wrote:Well I didnt have opportunity to find it out.. but maybe I will..
Well I only played FM games on emulator because I dont have PS1 anymore since like 2004 when I got PC... I discovered FM like few months ago, what a gem... Great game...
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks DraLUSAD :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)