[3.1] Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod (for 3.1)

Post by Berg »

Mysteryem wrote:Made a spinning helicopter blade animation (texture animation, not model). :D
Spent ages trying to get it to work properly with seemingly random occurrences of it working an not working. To discover there's a bug with the texture animation for VTOL jets which means it'll only work properly for every 3rd teamcolour starting at zero (so 0:green, 3:black, 6:pink 9:someothercolour). :stressed:
How many frames did it use and can I see your texture and data?
The animation frame rate and frame count are also broken.

If your frustrated take a deep breath.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Berg, are you sure animation frame rate is broken? I haven't checked recently, but I thought it used to work at any rate (in milliseconds I think). Frame count also works, though I've come across some problems with what I was doing, as you'll see.
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3394 you can find a mod with the data I used. The model has 3 frames.
I believe I've discovered the actual problem as far as what's causing it to happen, though not the actual code in question.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Mysteryem wrote:Berg, are you sure animation frame rate is broken?
You will find it works in a fashion the frame rate and frame count did not work correctly yesterday :|

Look here the frame rate is and has always been broken viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5311#p54912
That has the animation fix I did that a while back but this patch will no longer work for structures in 3.1
you will see the frame count error if you use over 4 frames.

I do note that your not actually animating the model but and add on effects This is added on a connector?
Looking at your animation it seems you have used a pre existing model and just changed the effect it uses Im not sure I ever tried to do this as I wanted to add animation not just change whats already hard coded.
wz2100-20120407_085243-Sk-Rush.jpg
They doo look impressive ingame except for the extra vtol wings
Last edited by Berg on 07 Apr 2012, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Berg wrote:
Mysteryem wrote:Berg, are you sure animation frame rate is broken?
You will find it works in a fashion the frame rate and frame count did not work correctly yesterday :|

Look here the frame rate is and has always been broken viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5311#p54912
That has the animation fix I did that a while back but this patch will no longer work for structures in 3.1
you will see the frame count error if you use over 4 frames.

I do note that your not actually animating the model but and add on effects This is added on a connector?

Did you also need to edit stats or defines in the model?
All VTOLs have an animation attached to them about point (0,0,0) when they move, which is defined in body.txt. I simply used this animation.

And yup, looks like frame rate is broken, that, it's been removed, or I just can't remember properly. :lol2:
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Yeah its a bug for frame rate and frame count the wrong variable is used in some part of the code that messes it up but your work has hinted at another method of getting rotors to animate nice work mysteryem
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Ok after doing some searching I have found where the model is defined and also its effect definition

Code: Select all

/home/your name/warzone2100-3.1_beta7/tests/modellist.txt
/home/your name/warzone2100-3.1_beta7/data/base/stats/body.txt
/home/your name/warzone2100-3.1_beta7/data/base/wrf/basic.wrf
/home/your name/warzone2100-3.1_beta7/data/mp/stats/body.txt
/home/your name/warzone2100-3.1_beta7/data/mp/wrf/basic.wrf
Now if the vtol model is duplicated, renamed and made to use another effect it can look like the rotors are moving as mysteryem has demonstrated.

In body.txt we have to add the effect at the end of this chopper define the key is

Body key,Unused,Size,Build power,Build points,Weight,Body points,Body model,Unused,Weapon slots,Engine power,AFRK,AFRH,AREK,AREH,ALEK,ALEH,ARIK,ARIH,ATOK,ATOH,ABOK,ABOH,Flame model,Designable
the model define is

ScavengerChopper,Level One,LIGHT,39,500,1500,80,scavchop.PIE,50,3,2200,3,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,0,0
so I think if we add an effect pie in the effects folder and also add it too modellist.txt and basic.txt

We might be able to do the bingo it works dance
http://developer.wz2100.net/attachment/ ... dmp-JE1OfF from tmp
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:
NoQ wrote:On which map? This clearly depends on a map.
One of mine, 'Urban Closer'. They rush me within two minutes, and I end up getting my rear handed to me shortly thereafter. Play the map and you'll see for yourself. :P
Hmm, ok, so before i start to balance it up, i need to know what sort of map it should be balanced for.
Urban Closer has 4 scavenger factories and 12 scavenger derricks. I'm often testing it on Garden, which has 3 factories and 12 derricks. Note: the amount of factories doesn't mean much (as long as it is non-zero).

But most of the built-in maps don't have so much scavengers on them. For example, on Sk-Startup, there is just one scav derrick and one scav factory. On Rush/Rush2, there are 5 derricks and 1 factory.

Should i try to keep the overscavengered maps playable, or should i rather make standard maps challenging? :hmm:
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

NoQ wrote:Should i try to keep the overscavengered maps playable, or should i rather make standard maps challenging? :hmm:
Make standard maps challenging map makers will see adapt to mod if they want to use it
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

v1.04:
  • Chopper rotor animation by Mysteryem (in fact Berg is still working on improving it)
  • Balance changes: delay scavenger start by 30 seconds, produce units a bit slower; add new minipod helicopter, make choppers a bit stronger and faster to produce.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I am excited folks the first added animation to the mod choppers should be feared.
Screenshot-Warzone 2100-7.png
Screenshot-Warzone 2100-8.png
Screenshot-Warzone 2100-9.png
Last edited by Berg on 10 Apr 2012, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Oh dear I cannot keep up with the pace of this thread :)

I want to say great work gentlemen :)

What about some primitive looking but Scavendish ;) borg/s ? :) But those are far more detailed :hmm:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Merowingg wrote:What about some primitive looking but Scavendish ;) borg/s ? :) But those are far more detailed :hmm:
What can be done will.
This modes size is getting rather larger every added feature so slowly we add.
I'm glad you like it many folks have contributed.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

NoQ wrote:Should i try to keep the overscavengered maps playable, or should i rather make standard maps challenging? :hmm:
Berg wrote:Make standard maps challenging, map makers will see adapt to mod if they want to use it
+1

They are a wonder to behold rotor animated. :) Well done. :3
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Rman Virgil wrote:They are a wonder to behold rotor animated. :) Well done. :3
Your encouragement in the choppers added a lot to this being achieved Rman and I must say Mysteryem thinking up the effect was a major step for animation.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Berg wrote:I am excited folks the first added animation to the mod choppers should be feared.
Screenshot-Warzone 2100-7.png
Screenshot-Warzone 2100-8.png
Screenshot-Warzone 2100-9.png
:shock: :D
The helicopters look awesome :)
And the vtol factory looks good in game.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501