BP is giving a break of Warzone.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

BP is giving a break of Warzone.

Post by Black Project »

Hey guys, i'm just here to comunicate to all you that i'll be away from the Warzone 2100 scenario from a time.

To be honest, i'll post some of my reasons of why i'm giving a break from Warzone.

1) my gaming life is not just only Warzone 2100.
2) secondly, i would like to learn new things, like animating, 3d modelling & texturing in 3D Studio Max, i can also learn how to use Blender, but i believe that 3D Studio Max is far superior than Blender.
3) i'm joining the BF2 modding scenario, this tactical FPS game, has a huge level of customizability, there are things on this game that i would like to explore, to explore it's full potential, like tweaking weapons, vehicles, kits, soldiers & stuff, as well learning how to make new graphics for weapons (see reason 2), mapping (new BF2 maps) & make some interesting mods for Coop gameplay.

This doesn't mean that i'm leaving this community, i'm short time away from IRC, but i would visit you guys here as well in IRC.

You can find me there: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/
Nickname: CoRuJa_121212 (still not posted yet)

Regards BP
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: BP is giving a break of Warzone.

Post by Per »

Aww. When you get tired of whatever fad has lured you away, know that you will be most welcome back. :)
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

3dsmax superior to blender? As a long time blender user I feel obliged to protest :ninja:
Oh well it's not always easy to compete with a 3000 dollar full-feature package :(
Still, while you're away, I warmly suggest you check out the new blender 2.5. It's really powerful and it's free ;)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Fun and learning are a great combo. Exploring other games within that mix is too. :)

2) secondly, i would like to learn new things, like animating, 3d modelling & texturing in 3D Studio Max, i can also learn how to use Blender, but i believe that 3D Studio Max is far superior than Blender.
There are 3 main considerations when working with art apps: money or lack thereof, the way your brain works (left or right brain dominant - this comes to the fore in the UI) and the specific tasks you're into.

A recent discussion that covers this ground cogently and fairly (for the most part) and that you might find helpful, you can find here:

http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/conten ... er-vs.html

It also has a piece of wit that had me ROTFLOL:
Blender...the bastard child of the open sores movement.
I don't agree 100% but it is funny. A majority of the posting is fair all around and specifically practical about the pros and cons of all the major art apps, including & in relation to, Blender.

- Synergistically, Rman. 8)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Awww we will miss you.... plz visit often ;)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

BS...Go to moddb and go to mods and type World War 3...Its an BF2 mod.You can help them!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

hey bp,
im now using maya since 10 years, if i could start now learning a new package i would give blender a serious chance. as of experience, max would be my last choice! but if ya wanna get into the architecual industry it would probably the way to go :/
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

you know maya? great you should do some modeling for wz2100!
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

yeah i know.... too bad we only have a 24h day ;)