additional campaings

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
basher5_2
Rookie
Rookie

additional campaings

Post by basher5_2 »

i was wondering if it would be possible if we could have a version that has 6 major campaigns once u beat those 6 it opens into a global campaign in which u have to liberate the planet from ur enemies one country at a time? with a navy and helicopters and nuclear reactors which give u materials for nuclear arsenal?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: additional campaings

Post by lav_coyote25 »

yes - there will be additional campaigns - but only if mod people take up the task...  its not just "" hammer a few nails into it "" and its a mod...  mods can take as long or longer to do to get it right... than what the main game originally took... my suggestion - start now... ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

That's right, it took the original Pumpkin Studios probably upwards of 1 1/2 to 2 years to go the campaigns with all their various content.  So if anyone wants some additional campaigns, they'll have to get together with some dedicated folks and put rubber to the road.
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
basher5_2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by basher5_2 »

it was just a thought
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

I understand what you mean, but to make a point:  For additional campaigns to succeed, it will have to be more than just a thought.  If you are interested in helping to create some campaigns, I'd suggest gathering everyone else who shares your interest, appoint a dedicated leader, and get them done.  I've always said before that I'll be more than happy to lend my sound editing skills, sound effects library (~2.5 GB), and music talent toward the effort.
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
basher5_2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by basher5_2 »

you know anyone that would want to help?
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

There are a number of different people around here who are interested in making new campaigns, but the problem is that everyone is waiting for everyone else to get started.  In fact, I think about half of this community fits that description (in other words, there are too many people around here that want new campaigns for me to list their names).

There was another thread on this topic recently, i'd go find it and you'll probably find some of the leading advocates for new campaigns.