downloading of master releases.

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

downloading of master releases.

Post by lav_coyote25 »

i am not complaining. just that it takes 11 minutes to download every freaking time there is a change, and some of the changes are ????? why ???? i try to test EVERY one but when there is only 1/2 hour between releases... holy smokes. it adds up to a freaking humongous use of bandwidth for me. is there any way you can just release the .EXE??? or is there a major reason your not doing this.

and as proof...
Attachments
only one half hour.jpg
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: downloading of master releases.

Post by lav_coyote25 »

i am checking constantly, and when there is a new release. i grab it. just so i have the freshest one. is hard to test and supply feedback when there has been so many releases in a day. as i said, i am not complaining. just makes for a long day. :annoyed:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

seriously!!! another one????? who is doing this? why so many commits. are YOU doing any testing between commits??? just asking. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

use the git luke
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NoQ wrote:use the git luke
what? what are you on about? git what.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Once you cloned the git, each next download takes a fraction of a second (you only download the actual patch).
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

and git will do WHAT exactly?? will it tell me why the (expletive deleted) release is yet again a full 141 mb. if your doing this many releases just do the (expletive deleted) .EXE and cut down on so much (expletive deleted) bandwidth.).
Attachments
only one half hour2.jpg
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NoQ wrote:Once you cloned the git, each next download takes a fraction of a second (you only download the actual patch).

so what all do i ( expletive deleted ) need to ( expletive deleted ) get this git ( expletive deleted ).???????????????????????????????????/ :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
NoQ wrote:Once you cloned the git, each next download takes a fraction of a second (you only download the actual patch).

so what all do i ( expletive deleted ) need to ( expletive deleted ) get this git ( expletive deleted ).???????????????????????????????????/ :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful:
Kinda weird watching you moderate yourself... XD
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
The Overlord
Trained
Trained

Post by The Overlord »

lav_coyote25 wrote:i am not complaining. just that it takes 11 minutes to download every freaking time there is a change, and some of the changes are ????? why ????
I agree fully. My internet isn't the fastest, so it makes playing master impossible with the new updates every half hour. I would love to play master, but basically, the only people that play master are the people that download the newest updated version.
Kinda makes me sad. :(
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

JDW wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote:

Kinda weird watching you moderate yourself... XD

i dont swear. and i dont start flames. best way to do it. right? :lol2:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The Overlord: We only play on nightlies because the latest snapshot release was a bit too buggy. People who play nightlies usually use git, and they can instantly adapt to the snapshot you have without re-downloading anything (git checkout), but if you use master-20120109, nobody will want to play it because of bugs.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NoQ wrote:The Overlord: We only play on nightlies because the latest snapshot release was a bit too buggy. People who play nightlies usually use git, and they can instantly adapt to the snapshot you have without re-downloading anything (git checkout), but if you use master-20120109, nobody will want to play it because of bugs.

fix the bugs. isnt that what a dev does??????? we try and supply feedback in the form, of BUG REPORTS, and what are you doing with these reports??????????????????????????????????????????? :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed:
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

We look at them, commit a fix to git, and then the buildbot goes off and does another build.
We want information... information... information.