How to increase the research time

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

How to increase the research time

Post by Sonsalt »

Hi

How can I increase the time of research for every upgrade ??? So far the Only way I found is to restrict the number of research centers.
kage
Regular
Regular

Re: How to increase the research time

Post by kage »

if you mean just in game (as opposed to modding), then the only thing you can do is not research mk2 or mk3 "research speed" upgrades (mk1 upgrades are necessary for further research in many cases), and to not upgrade research centers. since, iirc, any one topic can only be researched by one research center, it doesn't matter how many research centers you have, but how many you use does matter in regards to total average research speed.
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

It is hard to tell the AI not to research that fast ;) or your enemy.

Can I change the time within some files ?
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

I was looking into the Research.txt, but I don't understand where the research time is defined. Also It would be good to know where the price is.

R-Vehicle-Prop-Tracks,Level One,0,0,IMAGE_RES_DROIDTECH,0,0,RES_TRACK1,0,tracked01,PROPULSION,2400,1,2,0,0,0,0,0,1

Any indea ?
Last edited by Sonsalt on 09 Aug 2007, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

If you want to restrict how fast the AI researches, then just lower the value of their sliders in the Skirmish setup screen.
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

Thanks, but I am looking for a more solid way to change the Stats. I think it would be best to change time /and or money.

For a long term gameplay.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

Sonsalt wrote: Thanks, but I am looking for a more solid way to change the Stats. I think it would be best to change time /and or money.

doubling or tripling the res points field for every research topic(line) will do

this html table might help you to figure out which field is which.

edit:
research time = [research points] / [research center's research points per second]
Attachments
researchstats.zip
(9.33 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

Thanks a lot.

So for example if I change the following line within the research.txt in research/multiplayer from

R-Wpn-MG1Mk1,Level One,0,0,IMAGE_RES_WEAPONTECH,0,0,RES_MG1MK1,0,MG1Mk1,WEAPON,60,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,2
to
R-Wpn-MG1Mk1,Level One,0,0,IMAGE_RES_WEAPONTECH,0,0,RES_MG1MK1,0,MG1Mk1,WEAPON,800,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,2

the research time will increase ???

Where are the research center's research points /second defined ? Maybe if I change them I don't have to change every upgrade

Edit:

Though I've increased the research points for the machinegun from 60 to 800 it is still researched in no time. Why ?
Last edited by Sonsalt on 10 Aug 2007, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Sonsalt wrote: Thanks, but I am looking for a more solid way to change the Stats. I think it would be best to change time /and or money.

Again, the sliders control how much of a boost the AI gets every turn.  The AI gets a bonus of increased research and also a little power boost.
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

Sonsalt wrote: Thanks a lot.

So for example if I change the following line within the research.txt in research/multiplayer from

R-Wpn-MG1Mk1,Level One,0,0,IMAGE_RES_WEAPONTECH,0,0,RES_MG1MK1,0,MG1Mk1,WEAPON,60,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,2
to
R-Wpn-MG1Mk1,Level One,0,0,IMAGE_RES_WEAPONTECH,0,0,RES_MG1MK1,0,MG1Mk1,WEAPON,800,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,2

the research time will increase ???

Where are the research center's research points /second defined ? Maybe if I change them I don't have to change every upgrade

Edit:

Though I've increased the research points for the machinegun from 60 to 800 it is still researched in no time. Why ?
make sure you edited the correct file(research.txt in mp/stats/research/multiplayer in mp.wz, not the one in stats/research/multiplayer in warzone.wz)
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

Thanks must have missed that ;)
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

So here is my first version of a long research mod.

http://localhost/convert/phpBB3/viewtop ... 7631#p7631

In order to increase the researchtime I had to change the research points for every upgrade, since I couldn't find where the research center and its stats are located.
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

If you want to increase research time further you could modify the values in functions.txt specifically:
functions.txt wrote: Research,Research Facility,14
Research,Research Module,12
In the above the 14 and 12 represent the basic research rate for the research facility and research module respectively.
functions.txt wrote: Research Upgrade,Struc-Research-Upgrade01,30
Research Upgrade,Struc-Research-Upgrade02,60
Research Upgrade,Struc-Research-Upgrade03,90
Research Upgrade,Struc-Research-Upgrade04,120
Research Upgrade,Struc-Research-Upgrade05,150
Research Upgrade,Struc-Research-Upgrade06,180
Research Upgrade,Struc-Research-Upgrade07,210
Research Upgrade,Struc-Research-Upgrade08,240
Research Upgrade,Struc-Research-Upgrade09,270
The above represent the research upgrades, the number at the end of each line is the percentage bonus it provides to the basis research rate.

So Struc-Research-Upgrade01(used by Synaptic Link Data Analysis) yields a 30% research rate speed up.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

Thanks this was very helpful.

It actually saved me a lot of time. :D
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

No problem, ill playtest your mod once ive got some spare time(revising for a test at the moment :().
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen