versions

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Re: versions

Post by milo christiansen »

+1 to what vexed said.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Per wrote:Then keep playing 2.3.9, dude...
that is not the point dude
how about a honest answer?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

The answer is simple: bugs get into the game by mistake. Since the code is complicated, changing stuff in one place can cause stuff to break somewhere else. As I said, it's nothing to be upset about.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

zany wrote:
Per wrote:Then keep playing 2.3.9, dude...
that is not the point dude
how about a honest answer?
seems to me if your going to use a quote from near the beginning... then it is fair that i also use this opportunity to request you answer my question :
if your such an expert, why haven't i seen any thing from you?? unless you provide immediately some form of gameplay that is warzone 2100 or its equal, then your just so much noise and annoyance. if you can not help perfect the game. then please go elsewhere. i would rather see your attempt at coding... but, have seen nothing from you since i first asked. which just goes to show your true intentions. as for things being broke - how else do you make something better with out experimentation? :annoyed:
well? :stare:
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

Locked before this turns into a flame war. :stare:
Anyone actually wanting an honest answer just has to read the following quotes:
cybersphinx wrote:Maybe they think that the way to solve those issues is how it was done in master. Which by the way has gotten a lot of cleanup not in 2.3, due to that being a stable branch that has been branched about three years ago, and so is much nicer to work with.
vexed wrote::shakehead:

I think you guys have it wrong.
The only thing the devs have ever wanted is to make Warzone 2100 better.
While we may not all agree on what is the best way to make this happen, we do go out of our way to help others get up to speed, and tell people why things are the way they are.