Expanding the Warzone soundtrack

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Collective Leader
Trained
Trained

Expanding the Warzone soundtrack

Post by Collective Leader »

I believe I have found a way to help in the development of the ambient system for Warzone: I'm a musician who specializes in ambient tracks and other stuff that could be put into video games (http://www.youtube.com/user/circuitrus <-- my one-man band). Should the developers decide to expand the musical horizons of the game, I could create some soundtracks for it (in fact, I already have one ready and waiting :wink: ). Best part is: I don't expect anything in return for it; my efforts come entirely free of charge because music is my greatest passion anyway. :)
I know there's a lot more to adding music to the game than just making the music, but anything helps, right?
Attachments
Subspace.MP3
This was actually from my album "Age of Machines", but I replaced one of the original songs with this one, and it fits quite nicely in my opinion.
(2.81 MiB) Downloaded 216 times
Warriors of the Collective, attack and destroy all who resist The Machine.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: Expanding the Warzone soundtrack

Post by MaNGusT »

very nice soundtrack. I have some questions though.. :-)
1) what license do you use for your tracks?
2) can I edit your track by adding echo/reverb/delay/eq fixes/some mastering after all and put it here with credits to you?

best regards.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Out of all the tracks that I've listened to, I like the following techno tracks the most:

Subspace
Hacker
Dreamscape
Master Plan
Dead Memories
Industry
Infiltration

These techno tracks, with some modifications, would make for nice additions to Warzone 2100's small predominantly techno soundtrack.

I do wonder which musical theme our ideal soundtrack should be? Personally, given the dark atmosphere of the game, I think that a mix of techno and orchestrated, with a dash of rock and heavy metal music thrown in, would be best. I can only imagine what this would sound like if it were remixed into a techno-orchestrated track, or this remixed as a techno-rock track.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Collective Leader
Trained
Trained

An answer to licencing: I don't actually use a licence, primarily because I don't know how. lol
This means that all of my music is free game.

And about remixing it: go ahead! Sounds awesome to me. :)
All I ask is credit for the music, and nothing more. Feel free to use whatever you want, however you want to use it.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Collective Leader wrote:An answer to licencing: I don't actually use a licence, primarily because I don't know how. lol
This means that all of my music is free game.
Actually that means it is copyright by you, and nobody else is allowed to use it.
And about remixing it: go ahead! Sounds awesome to me. :)
All I ask is credit for the music, and nothing more. Feel free to use whatever you want, however you want to use it.
Sounds like you'd want a CC-BY licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
We want information... information... information.
Collective Leader
Trained
Trained

Edit: Nevermind.
Last edited by Collective Leader on 06 Nov 2011, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Collective Leader
Trained
Trained

So I found that YouTube has a built-in licencing system along the lines of what I wanted. Would that possibly help? :)
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

You don't need a licensing system to put a license on your work (although on youtube it helps people to know what license a particular video has). You just need to make an official statement along the lines of "I am the creator of this work and I hereby license it under (insert license name here)"
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Collective Leader
Trained
Trained

Jorzi wrote:You don't need a licensing system to put a license on your work (although on youtube it helps people to know what license a particular video has). You just need to make an official statement along the lines of "I am the creator of this work and I hereby license it under (insert license name here)"
Alright then, sounds simple enough. See, what I thought would happen is that you could go to www.listentoyoutube.com and download the videos as audio, and the license would come with it (as far as I can assume, but obviously I dunno what I'm talking about when it comes to licencing :P ). Would that happen?
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

@ Collective Leader: I will admit, though, that you seem to reuse some elements of tracks. I noticed how the beginnings of Hacker, Master Plan, and Infiltration sounded so similar, and how the end of Dead Memories sounded so similar to the beginning of Industry. Personally, I don't think I'd need that much redundancy in terms of music tracks, though I do think that they could be combined to form new music tracks.

For example, you could replace everything after 2:13 from Dead Memories with everything after 0:10 from Industry to get a nice 5+ minute music track. You could also create a mix out of Hacker, Infiltration, and Master Plan due to their very similar tempo, in which you start off with either Hacker's or Infiltration's theme, and then transition to Master Plan's more intense theme, then switch back and forth between either Hacker's or Infiltration's theme and Master Plan's theme, for a track with uniform tempo, yet varying intensity. You could even combine parts of their themes (along with perhaps some parts of City of Light, though you may need to adjust the tempo of that) together for some interesting stuff. :lecture: :wink:
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Collective Leader
Trained
Trained

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:@ Collective Leader: I will admit, though, that you seem to reuse some elements of tracks. I noticed how the beginnings of Hacker, Master Plan, and Infiltration sounded so similar, and how the end of Dead Memories sounded so similar to the beginning of Industry. Personally, I don't think I'd need that much redundancy in terms of music tracks, though I do think that they could be combined to form new music tracks.

For example, you could replace everything after 2:13 from Dead Memories with everything after 0:10 from Industry to get a nice 5+ minute music track. You could also create a mix out of Hacker, Infiltration, and Master Plan due to their very similar tempo, in which you start off with either Hacker's or Infiltration's theme, and then transition to Master Plan's more intense theme, then switch back and forth between either Hacker's or Infiltration's theme and Master Plan's theme, for a track with uniform tempo, yet varying intensity. You could even combine parts of their themes (along with perhaps some parts of City of Light, though you may need to adjust the tempo of that) together for some interesting stuff. :lecture: :wink:
Hmm, sounds cool! Never thought of it like that before! :D
If you were to remix these tracks for yourself in these ways, I'd like to see what it comes out like! :wink:
Warzone_Fan
Trained
Trained

Post by Warzone_Fan »

you can use step seq to create a soundtrack
  • If you do things right people won’t be sure you did anything at all.
    One man’s criticism worth more than a million men approval.
    The real power is to rule over your own anger.
    Don’t Hope For Change, Make The Change You Hope For.
stevanedo
New user

Post by stevanedo »

The track list provided here are the same as 3rd version? I wanna try 3rd ver. but my internet trouble here.. :(
any way thanks to the moderator and credits to who create the tracks.. :D