max. players 12

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Delphinio
Art contributor

max. players 12

Post by Delphinio »

hi guys : ),
it would be nice  if u can get 4 more ppl in warzone.
i tryed it but to hard for me  ;D. thanks
SoS-Delphinio
Kyor
Trained
Trained

Re: max. players 12

Post by Kyor »

It is long with 8... I don't wanna think about 12 players.

maybe more than an entire day to finish a single game?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

so whats wrong with games that extend over a day.... day = 12 hours... more than that and people would tend to go nuts.... ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

eh... you'd think that, but i know too many people who get done with some 9 hour game, then join another...

i think 12 would be a nice bullet-point for this game... '8' is the defacto number of max supported players in rts games, so with 12, we could at least say we're "exceptionally multiplayer" (if not 'massive'), and the 12 would definitely stick out.

beyond all that, i think 12 player "scav vs scav" rounds on small maps would rise to popularity -- it'd be as close to a "death-match" as this game would ever get.
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

more players must be not = more game time.
i thought about a 5v5 or 6v6 not ffa  ::)
and well, its only a option, u can but u dont have to... ;)
Last edited by Delphinio on 06 Jun 2007, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
sicanjal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sicanjal »

Actually, now we have Locked Alliances implemented, this is a good idea. Imagine 4 locked alliances with 3 players each, especially now with the more co-operative nature of the AI. Or 3 locked alliances with 4 players. Take it further to a clash-of-the-titans style 6 vs 6 match.

Without alliances? Sleep is for the weak!
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Locked alliances are allready possible in current development version (trunk). This will show up in 2.1.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Finally  :)
?topic=1617.0
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

well locked allis got 1.10 too ^^... but only in a team game.
CRISTIAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CRISTIAN »

Is it possible to implement 2 o more commanders per team?  One is the "boss" and he can delegate units and resources to the others. For example: send 2 trucks and 20% oil extracted.
Construction limits (1 factory, 1 repair pad, 1 cyborg factory, 1 vtol factory, 10 vtols pads, no research, no power, no command center, no command relay center, everything else unlimited.)

Something like Battlezone2 MP
If (windows rulez) then (Linux fails)
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

CRISTIAN wrote: Is it possible to implement 2 o more commanders per team?  One is the "boss" and he can delegate units and resources to the others. For example: send 2 trucks and 20% oil extracted.
Construction limits (1 factory, 1 repair pad, 1 cyborg factory, 1 vtol factory, 10 vtols pads, no research, no power, no command center, no command relay center, everything else unlimited.)

Something like Battlezone2 MP
not possible unless we can get the netcode problems fixed and share control implemented...

An deathmatch type(without building/resources management),each player is given a bunch of combat units to do a last-man-standing type fight,though that will require significant amount of scripting works and gui hacks...
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

CRISTIAN wrote: Is it possible to implement 2 o more commanders per team?  One is the "boss" and he can delegate units and resources to the others. For example: send 2 trucks and 20% oil extracted.
i think we'd need support for *much* bigger maps to make that really interesting. i'd also be interested in support for multiple players on one team allowing subcommanders to only control military units, which would be doable on standard size maps. in either case, the subcommander should see all their units shaded a slightly different color, or have some other visual identifier to allow the subcommander to quickly distinguish their units from those of other subcommanders or the commander on the same side, to make it more manageable.
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

HAHA! It would be a battle of who is able to loose their life and sit on the computer all day... Who ever could stay on the longest wins! Not a bad idea... I'd always loose so maybe it wouldn't be so long after all. Could you imagine how laggy the game would get with all those structures though?
INTEL PENTIUM4 2.66GHZ PROCESSOR
2GB DUAL DDR PC3200 SDRAM
RADEON X1600 512MB AGP GRAPHICS CARD
WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2 OPERATING SYSTEM
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

if we have the ability to save multiplayer games then i would think nothing of uber long games, back in my starcraft days we used to make mini campaigns and multi play them from waking up to falling asleep for weeks on end..

now a days i have a family to raise and can only spend so many hours at the computer without some sort of interuption.
Version: master-20110320 QT
VGA:Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Driver in use: 6.14.12.6658
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4200+
RAM: 2 x DDR-II 1GB corsair
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

well guys i would pay (if its not to much  ;D) for a 5v5 or 6v6 map in New_TeamWar syle.
but for version 1.10 ^^.