VTOL overhaul [Rebalance 0.8]

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: VTOL overhaul [Rebalance 0.8]

Post by Zarel »

Next version will have the sound.
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

Glad to see mini-rockets being diversified even more, wish I had the modeling skills to contribute for more diversification...
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Zarel wrote:People need to realize and internalize that Patrol is pretty much the only way you can use VTOLs defensively. Never use VTOL strike towers. Never use Circle.
The point is that people do not want to use patrol (which keeps VTOLs exposed up in the air). They want a sensor turret for AA operation. Why are you flying into a fit every time people suggest this? It is kind of weird of you. O_o
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Per wrote:The point is that people do not want to use patrol (which keeps VTOLs exposed up in the air). They want a sensor turret for AA operation. Why are you flying into a fit every time people suggest this? It is kind of weird of you. O_o
Let me use an analogy:

Zarel: "People need to realize and internalize that the northern bridge is the only way to get to the other side of the river. Never use the southern bridge - it is broken."

Per: "The point is that people do not want to use the northern bridge (it is further away). They want to use a closer bridge. Why are you flying into a fit every time people want to use the southern bridge? It is kind of weird of you. O_o "

The point is that the southern bridge is broken. We know we're supposed to fix it. It's on our to-do list. But until we do, you should really just use the northern bridge instead of standing at the southern bridge asking for it to be fixed.

My statements aren't directed at the people who think the bridge should be fixed. They're directed at the people standing at the bridge, asking "How do I get to the other side?"

That's why I keep on saying "Use Patrol. Use Patrol. Use Patrol." It's not a fit (for the record, I was pretty calm when I said it). It's a big "DETOUR" sign at the southern bridge, telling people that there is a way across the river.