Too hard!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Christheturtle
Trained
Trained

Re: Too hard!

Post by Christheturtle »

Wow. This thing was blown completely out of proportion.

Olrox, although I understand your frustration on the matter (I have similar views in some ways), I think you somewhat overlooked the fact that maybe he has trouble writing/reading English himself? Thus the reason for making the mistake in the first place (the whole 'Mexican' thing). I just think that out of everyone else who writes like an idiot on these forums (ohhaikkthxbai), he's being singled out here.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

Post by XHero_of_ChaosX »

Vexagon wrote:Skirmish mode is too hard! I can barely handle 1 easy opponent (almost no enemy)!
The AI builds lots of units and they keep on upgrading. Please make the easiest enemy worse =P

Maybe I am just terrible at WZ2100, but I bet there are gamers out there worse than me.
No game is impossible. Just keep at it, and try to come up with different strategies every time.. experiment, and analyze. If that doesnt work, then focus yourself on producing a balanced starting strategy. something that keeps the power flow, and enemy at bay. You can then slowly include more and more attacks (which are usually best done with artillery such as mortars and sensor combos). Adding a force to protect the artillery from ground and air attacks is great too. Heavy tanks, Lancers and AAs with medium build are perfect. though, you will have to start small, and work your way up.

By far the best thing to learn in any strategy game is: Adapting. Adapting to the situation will help you tremendously. just practice it and you'll do fine. :)
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
Maedhros
Trained
Trained

Post by Maedhros »

XHero_of_ChaosX wrote:
Vexagon wrote:Skirmish mode is too hard! I can barely handle 1 easy opponent (almost no enemy)!
The AI builds lots of units and they keep on upgrading. Please make the easiest enemy worse =P

Maybe I am just terrible at WZ2100, but I bet there are gamers out there worse than me.
No game is impossible. Just keep at it, and try to come up with different strategies every time.. experiment, and analyze. If that doesnt work, then focus yourself on producing a balanced starting strategy. something that keeps the power flow, and enemy at bay. You can then slowly include more and more attacks (which are usually best done with artillery such as mortars and sensor combos). Adding a force to protect the artillery from ground and air attacks is great too. Heavy tanks, Lancers and AAs with medium build are perfect. though, you will have to start small, and work your way up.

By far the best thing to learn in any strategy game is: Adapting. Adapting to the situation will help you tremendously. just practice it and you'll do fine. :)
actually, this is the best post ive seen on this particular thread so far :) in fact i think you may have just helped me out by quite a significant amount, and i thank you for that
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

Post by XHero_of_ChaosX »

much obliged. :D
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
monster597
Greenhorn

Post by monster597 »

Thrust me I was the same when I played skirmish games, I used to get blown to pieces by the AI on the very lowest difficulty, but in time eventually I was able to get passed it. Now in the 4-players skirmish games I set the AI to just above the middle something which was almost crazy for me a while back! Just keep playing it and you will find it gets easier and easier....
banson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by banson »

just keep at it, every now and then us long time players over look some thing and pay for it. i just fineshed up a game where i was good on turtling defences. once i got assault borgs i went after half the map.

thought i was doing good till this pink ai showed me how tough he was, blew away all my holdsing cept for one area and was pressing on my base pretty heavily with every thing. and by then my bots were out dated by his teck and didnt do much to help save me.

with ions and guass venganges tracks at my door steps and howiters firing on hlaf my base, i was lucky to have come out of it alive and win. i really dont know what i did to win but it sure was fun as hell to play just when i was thinking of quiting,

enjoy and learn and have fun. youll get to the fun part soon