ATTN: All warzone testers (Sneak peek @ 2.2.4/ 2.3.0)

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

ATTN: All warzone testers (Sneak peek @ 2.2.4/ 2.3.0)

Post by Buginator »

If you would all be so kind as to test trunk, and branch/2.2 for the new data integrity checks, it would be most appreciated.

Uploading r8213 branch/2.2 : You can copy this to your 2.2.3 directory and test that way, it uses the same data.
Uploading r8215 of trunk: You can copy this to your trunk install, however, I am not sure when the last installer was built, so you may need to update the data files! (No, I am not uploading 80MB, this is only the .exe)

Host: When you start a game with a mod
--mod_mp ntw.wz (if you are running from source, it would be --mod_mp ntw)
Then all players *must* also run the above mod the same way. If not, they will be kicked *once in game*.
If the Host does NOT want mods, fine, then no players can have mods either, since the data don't match, and they will be kicked.
The main reason for this is if host and players data don't match, this can and does lead to game crashes.

NOTE: Report all bugs in this thread, or http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/961
Thanks!

And in case it isn't obvious, ALL people *MUST* have this same version of the .exe, or they can NOT connect.

p.s, not really sure if the next version will be 2.2.4 or 2.3.0, we have not decided yet. :stare:
Attachments
warzone2100r8215_TRUNK_.7z
This is *only* for trunk, and *only* if you have the latest dataset.
(4.26 MiB) Downloaded 211 times
warzone2100r8213.7z
This is for 2.2.3 (branch/2.2) people ONLY
(3.94 MiB) Downloaded 216 times
and it ends here.
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Re: ATTN: All warzone testers (Sneak peek @ 2.2.4/ 2.3.0)

Post by -Kosh- »

I could not find anyone else online so I used two laptops, one has XP the other has Vista and it did kick the person out but why does it go back to the main menu without saying anything? Should it not pop up a dialog and give the reason instead of writing to the stderr.txt file?

I tested all available mods that the game ships with so it works with aivolution and ntw and original both as host and as player. I have the logs if you need them.
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

-Kosh- wrote:I could not find anyone else online so I used two laptops, one has XP the other has Vista and it did kick the person out but why does it go back to the main menu without saying anything? Should it not pop up a dialog and give the reason instead of writing to the stderr.txt file?

I tested all available mods that the game ships with so it works with aivolution and ntw and original both as host and as player. I have the logs if you need them.
I just read this
Changed 19 hours ago by Buginator ¶

BTW, I still have to find a better way to handle kicks, since it drops you into the main menu. The same thing happens when you 'quit' a MP game.

There is a kick message in the logs, and there is a kick message broadcast to all remaining players though.
Ignore what I said about the main menu, I see you are looking for a solution.
Ilr
Trained
Trained

Post by Ilr »

(sys specs)
I tested several parts of the Campaign including some older Savegames from previous versions which loaded fine.

It no longer Crashes on any Transport missions :D :cool: :D ...and did not "close" randomly after certain missions either.

However the range of TankKillers on mission 9 Beta (possibly the only place it happens) are still bugged...
savegame included:
SAM_mission.zip
Mission 9 Beta -- Tank Killer bug
(761.74 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Other Bugs:
  • Buildings taking damage sometimes get their Max-Repair Hitpoint values set to current HP value & won't repair fully
  • Units occasionally get completely stuck now and will not move even when told to return for Repair
  • One commander(hover) actually lost all "rank" when taking more than 75% damage after getting stuck this way.
  • "s" / Hold position command has no effect on units already in-motion.
  • Pathing seems less effective, no hard examples/comparisons yet though...
  • TXT files in "stats" directories do not override default stats (is there possibly a Parameter to make them load again?)
Ilr
Trained
Trained

Post by Ilr »

Here's a compressed Savegame of my commander in the process of getting "stuck" in real time.
ilr_savegame.zip
(93.38 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
He can still be dis-lodged by repeatedly mouse-click spamming so this might not be a perfect example of this bug, but clicking "R" for repair does not work at all. ...also in that savegame: Ripple Emplacements that can't be repaired.

I haven't been able to reproduce the loss of "rank" bug however.

PS: ...could someone plz tell me which files in http://developer.wz2100.net/browser control the directory structure for STATS? ...I've tried moving custom weapon data around to every directory I can think of but TRUNK refuses to use it nomatter where I place it... non-Trunk versions didn't have this problem AFAIK
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

Ilr wrote: PS: ...could someone plz tell me which files in http://developer.wz2100.net/browser control the directory structure for STATS? ...I've tried moving custom weapon data around to every directory I can think of but TRUNK refuses to use it nomatter where I place it... non-Trunk versions didn't have this problem AFAIK
What do you mean which files? They are the same files as always.
Just remember they are different directories based on if you use skirmish games or campaign games.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

You put it in any data directory stats/. This includes:

(global)
[directory Warzone is installed]/stats/
[directory Warzone is installed]/data/stats/
[directory Warzone is installed]/../stats/
[directory Warzone is installed]/../data/stats/

(Linux)
~/.warzone2100-trunk/stats/
~/.warzone2100-trunk/data/stats/

(Mac OS X)
~/Library/Application Support/Warzone 2100 Trunk/stats/
~/Library/Application Support/Warzone 2100 Trunk/data/stats/

(Windows Vista/7)
/Users/[user]/AppData/Roaming/Warzone 2100 Trunk/stats/
/Users/[user]/AppData/Roaming/Warzone 2100 Trunk/data/stats/

(Windows XP)
/Documents and Settings/[user]/Application Data/Warzone 2100 Trunk/stats/
/Documents and Settings/[user]/Application Data/Warzone 2100 Trunk/data/stats/

(iirc)
Ilr
Trained
Trained

Post by Ilr »

Yes and I've tried all of those already, global, campaign, autoload, ...even mods/original... both in the root directory and the shared directory. And in every case, the directory structures that work fine on Vanilla versions of WZ, do not work on TRUNK. TRUNK is overriding my custom stats nomatter where I locate them and not even the --datadir switch has any effect. So there must be some other command parameter I'm missing here, or .c file keeping it from using my custom files. But thank you looking into this matter, guys. :3

Does TRUNK use the .SQL files instead of the .TXT files for Stats? How do you guys usually change weapon stats for TRUNK?

...Let me rephrase this... Does this .EXE that Buginator just posted, include it's own Stats files hardcoded into the EXE that always override external custom data? ...I'm assuming it does b/c I couldn't even change these stats by shoving them in the Base.WZ and MP.WZ data files.
guciomir
Trained
Trained

Post by guciomir »

Will it be 2.2.4 or 2.3.0 ? did you guys already decide?

Will new generator of terrain be included?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

No, new terrain is not included.
Ilr
Trained
Trained

Post by Ilr »

I'm noticing something else new/weird here... When units are assigned to my commanders later in the campaign... they stay in the same spot nomatter what unless the Commander is told to target a specific foe and set to "Pursue". ...when simply clicking on terrain, only the commander himself moves to that spot while the rest of his squad stays put.

Now normally this would be a great feature... IF ...We had a 3rd type of "click" besides just left and right mouse inputs, that told his entire squad to move to the new waypoint. It would certainly make the use of commanders a lot more accurate and micro-manageable. Maybe it already exists as an undocumented feature? But currently with the old orders we have, it just amounts to a lot more work than was necessary before. IE: needing to make use of "patrol" or ctrl+#'ing the entire squadron just to relocate them = FAIL.

(and an answer to my question above on whether the weapon stats are hard-coded in theses newer EXE files would also be nice)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Ilr wrote:(and an answer to my question above on whether the weapon stats are hard-coded in theses newer EXE files would also be nice)
Haven't we already said "no"? o_O They've always been in base.wz/mp.wz
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

O_o since 2.2.4 has been released why is this still a sticky? Is it for the trunk build?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Well, it still needs to be tested. :P