weapon replacement

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

weapon replacement

Post by Bethrezen »

hi all

I'm curious when you research mini gun tech all the other machine guns vanish off the list as mini guns are superior however this doesn't seem to apply to other weapons of the same type

for example the flashlight and pulse lasers now I would expect flashlights to vanish once pulse lasers are research as they are superior and I'm curious why its is that this doesn't happen ?

I can understand why this would not happen in the case of say the ripple rocket and arcangle missiles as each is tuned for a different purpose

but what about the the mortar pit and the pepper pot vs the howitzer and the rotary howitzer both are infinitely superior to the mortar and the pepper pot yet like the flashlight and pulse lasers the inferior versions don't vanish off the list

how come ??
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: weapon replacement

Post by Zarel »

Um, iirc, flashlight does vanish. Man, am I going to need to fix stuff again? :(
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Re: weapon replacement

Post by Kacen »

The Flashlight does vanish...

In fact it vanishes to the point of ludicrousness. For instance if you have a vehicle built with a Flashlight and you research Pulse Lasers the vehicle's Flashlight turns into a Pulse Laser.

I was attacking enemies with some Flashlight units whilst researching the Pulse Laser once and midway during the attack the research was finished and all of the sudden my units has Pulse Lasers. Certain this occurs with any Flashlight defenses as well.

The only thing that forever keeps the Flashlight would be the Flashlight Gunner.