More Cheats for MP

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
2frame
Rookie
Rookie

More Cheats for MP

Post by 2frame »

i thought of a cheat for mp that would awesome. that is the abilty to completely finish all consruction and production and research. any ideas?
my name is drath. i am not from this world. i am the only one of my kind. life here will get tough for you. get over it.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: More Cheats for MP

Post by lav_coyote25 »

there was a mod for the original - it started the game with all research already done. it got to be very boring after a while due to - "insert _____________ whatever unit rush here..." :3 :stare: .

use no cheats - unless your deving a map to get the best game play for the buck... xD :3
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

...um, why do you want a cheat? Cheats are supposed to be there only for developers for testing... Just play the game. -_-

That said, you can finish research with "work harder", and you can make any unit or structure with the Ctrl+O menu.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Kinda funny how people want to turn this game into a arcade game, where everything is insta-spawned. Perhaps a new game mode...
and it ends here.
2frame
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 2frame »

honestly.....cheats make it funner for me to a certian extent, because i can do wat ever i want when ever i want. after that gets boring i play normally. with cheats....u can increase game difficalty(cant spell i kno), u can make ai tougher, smarter and quicker, but only when cheats are active. hell u could even give the ai abilty to use cheats. that would make it interesting.
my name is drath. i am not from this world. i am the only one of my kind. life here will get tough for you. get over it.
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

there is a point...
in the psx version there was a 'cheat' that was the opposite of 'biffer baker', though not so extreme.
made for some... interesting encounters.
eyestrain92
Trained
Trained

Post by eyestrain92 »

psychopompos wrote:there is a point...
in the psx version there was a 'cheat' that was the opposite of 'biffer baker', though not so extreme.
made for some... interesting encounters.
Good times...
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

Haha! Often when I would play the debug mode of the PSX, I would play around around with the Wimpy unit ON/OFF code, and play as the enemy... It was pretty fun. I rember that when I first played the Campaign I could not beat the later missions with out cheats, however i eventualy beat it with out cheats (on hard I think? or at least normal) and it was far more satisyfing that winning with codes on. :D Now I just use debug mode to play around and do funny things with the enemy players.
eyestrain92
Trained
Trained

Post by eyestrain92 »

NEXUS wrote:Haha! Often when I would play the debug mode of the PSX, I would play around around with the Wimpy unit ON/OFF code, and play as the enemy... It was pretty fun. I rember that when I first played the Campaign I could not beat the later missions with out cheats, however i eventualy beat it with out cheats (on hard I think? or at least normal) and it was far more satisyfing that winning with codes on. :D Now I just use debug mode to play around and do funny things with the enemy players.
"What!? Where did that bunker come from? Why are they shooting at us? What the hell, man!"

Ah, I love the design of the scavenger defenses so much...
Air Up There
Greenhorn

Post by Air Up There »

interesting as the thread starter only writes "for mp" meaning he is a loser unable to play fair against others. while I can understand that some people use cheats to play the single player campain, I cannot understand, how you dare to ask in this forum on how to betray others?

@developers: Do something against those cheaters! there are so many people inside the lobby that do not play fair! And some of them were even too dumb to modify the sources in a way noone could directly see that they are cheating
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

Air Up There wrote:interesting as the thread starter only writes "for mp" meaning he is a loser unable to play fair against others. while I can understand that some people use cheats to play the single player campain, I cannot understand, how you dare to ask in this forum on how to betray others?

@developers: Do something against those cheaters! there are so many people inside the lobby that do not play fair! And some of them were even too dumb to modify the sources in a way noone could directly see that they are cheating
A+++ to the above post, I stay away from online matchs, as I have enough fun and challange aganst the computer offline, with out getting frustrated when some one who cheats or knows how to play perfectly beats me. I don't mind losing, if it is a fair game. :) I prefer to play the campaign, make mods, and maps for this game anyways. :)
eyestrain92 wrote:
"What!? Where did that bunker come from? Why are they shooting at us? What the hell, man!"

Ah, I love the design of the scavenger defenses so much...
I like the Scavengers and New Paradigm the best out of the campaign. Followed by, The Project, NEXUS, and The Collective.
2frame
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 2frame »

i actually meant skirmish. i didnt mean mp with humans but rather computers. i kno im a dumbass....but hey, maybe if u had read all of the posts u ould kno we were actaully talking about computer and ai the entire time.
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

I did read all of the posts. You are not a dumbass by the way :) I wasn't suggesting that you were a cheater, only that I don't like to play online, because I don't know if the person I am playing with is cheating or not. :D

More codes for skirmish would be fun however, IE allowing the computer player full access to everything from the start,and so on.
2frame
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 2frame »

it wasnt u callin me a dumbass it was air up there......giving the ai the ability to cheat as well would be f*cking awesome....excuse my french. they should not, however have access to the debug menu, because that would just make it not fun.....at least if they making bunkers pop up everywhere. maybe if the ai was a little tougher and smarter, cheats would be perfect, but with the ai in this game, cheats can make unfun and get a little stale......i guess wat im trying to say is if someone is in debug mode, then a different set of ai rules need to be used to make the ai tougher and smarter with the ability to use cheats as well. if they are not in debug mode then the normal ai needs to be used....and that could be easy coded with a basic if-else statement.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

2frame wrote:it wasnt u callin me a dumbass it was air up there......giving the ai the ability to cheat as well would be f*cking awesome....excuse my french. they should not, however have access to the debug menu, because that would just make it not fun.....at least if they making bunkers pop up everywhere. maybe if the ai was a little tougher and smarter, cheats would be perfect, but with the ai in this game, cheats can make unfun and get a little stale......i guess wat im trying to say is if someone is in debug mode, then a different set of ai rules need to be used to make the ai tougher and smarter with the ability to use cheats as well. if they are not in debug mode then the normal ai needs to be used....and that could be easy coded with a basic if-else statement.
Hmmm... if that last statement is so, what is stopping you from going forward with doing it and then releasing it as a mod ? O_O

Regards, whip :ninja: