cannon fortress / power generator

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
AnDyRyuuJin
Trained
Trained

cannon fortress / power generator

Post by AnDyRyuuJin »

hy i just noticed that the cannon fortress...dont know about the others...when it fire`s on a enemy unit the bullet follows the enemye...

is that normal? i was laughing my a** offwhen the giant bullet was chasing the cyborg xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i`m playing skirmish the computer never has the rings that shows the number of oil rafinneries connected...thats really annoying

can you guy`s do something about it?
Ware-ra wa Kaminari !!!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: cannon fortress / power generator

Post by KukY »

Cannon Fortress:
That is normal.
And good.
But not funny.
Maybe little.

Power generator:
It wouldn't be useful much.
Maybe to see how much Oil Resources AI has.
But it sometimes bugs me too.

Devs,any responses?
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

AnDyRyuuJin wrote:hy i just noticed that the cannon fortress...dont know about the others...when it fire`s on a enemy unit the bullet follows the enemye...

is that normal? i was laughing my a** offwhen the giant bullet was chasing the cyborg xD
It's normal but dumb, especially for a weapon with a fairly high yield.
AnDyRyuuJin wrote: when i`m playing skirmish the computer never has the rings that shows the number of oil rafinneries connected...thats really annoying

can you guy`s do something about it?
I don't see how this is a problem, I mean...

The rings may just represent for -you- how many you have.

Not knowing how many derricks your enemy has without scouting them yourself should just be a gameplay element.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Erm, Cannon Fortress isn't a homing weapon... are you playing a mod? Maybe it just looks like it's homing because the borg is walking away from the fortress?

The rings on the generator is an interesting idea.
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

no cannon arent homing... thus why the nice blast radious.

ive always felt that the other players ring should be visible.. but i figured that the devs skipped out on it to help keep the gpu resource costs down as it wasent really a NEEDED game play element.. just asthetic.. but now computers could handle it.. i vote to put them in.

it just makes the game look poorly done without it now.

same as i feel that there needs to be a flamer type rocket...
a laser fortress... seriously.. THIS is where the plasma cannon should be :P or make it a PPC.
laser artillery.. doesent have the range of say ripple rockets.. MUST be LOS.. but does decent fast accurate damage comapred to the others long travel times that make them not so good agasint fast units.
an MG fortress... come on.. longer range then the assault guns.. but ALOT more bullets.. think of a 4 way mounted gatling similar to the hurricane AA gun.. but anti ground.. and anti cyborg.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

DFStormbringer wrote: laser artillery.. doesent have the range of say ripple rockets.. MUST be LOS.. but does decent fast accurate damage
That would be impossible.

Lasers cannot shot on an arc. They go straight.

Gauss Artillery of some sort, however...mm, maybe. Something to nearly match the range of the Ripple Rockets, with a more steady rate of fire, lower power per volley...that might work.

But lasers cannot arc.

Or...a Gauss Artillery that will be the LONGEST ranged artillery...a huge gauss gun, firing nearly into orbit...

...just brainstorming here...
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

hmm... generator rings would be a great addition.

Laser fortress, hmm... why not, big laser with big punch.. can fry anything in 1 shoot, and takes some time to reload.

Laser Arty... I don't think so.

Laser anti-rockets kind of counter measure... this would be cool, like the Laser aa that instead of blowing up aircrafts blows up arty missiles. (ripple rockets and Archangel)

Gauss Arty with all map range... hmm... way to overpowered, since you would also need another gauss arty to counter measure it with the cb tower, otherwise you are dead.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

I don’t like the generator idea, personally. I’d rather not know how many oil derricks my opponent has. It would take out the fun of scouting, and I think it should only signal how many you can see for your own. Plus, if I built some dummy power generators, my enemy would know which ones to ignore, shooting at the one that actually does produce power.
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

winsrp wrote:Laser anti-rockets kind of counter measure... this would be cool, like the Laser aa that instead of blowing up aircrafts blows up arty missiles. (ripple rockets and Archangel)
otherwise known as THEL iRL.
an addition i have been asking to see for a while, though im guessing hard to code.

i wonder if it would require projectiles to have hit points?
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
jaakan
Trained
Trained

Post by jaakan »

DFStormbringer wrote: ... i feel that there needs to be a flamer type rocket...
you mean something like this http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... d/m202.htm
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

The only way of having "laser artillery" would be using prisms on flying mobile structures, and that's too sci-fi and complicated already (the unit would need to mantain a perfectly steady float and the prism would need to be of very translucid, extremely heat-resistant material such as diamond O_o ).

Gauss artillery can be easily achieved by the laws of physics and would work really good. As you can control the acceleration of the shell with incredible precision with Gauss acceleration, the precision would be really good. However, making the range extremely long isn't interesting, as it would waste too many shots on weak, fast moving units. It would be too similar to a howitzer regarding to role, also.
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

laser artillery is very simple.. orlox has it partialy correct though..
diamonds.. hardly.. a simple mirror wold do the job just fine as a laser is nothing more then light... so yould see the emplacement fire off up the top off the screen.. only to have it fall down from the sky on the target.. ungodly accurate.. but nowhere near as devestating as the other AoE arties.. great for hosing those fast lil units.

too sci fi?? las sat command post and las sat strike says its going to fit right in.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

DFStormbringer wrote:laser artillery is very simple.. orlox has it partialy correct though..
diamonds.. hardly.. a simple mirror wold do the job just fine as a laser is nothing more then light... so yould see the emplacement fire off up the top off the screen.. only to have it fall down from the sky on the target.. ungodly accurate.. but nowhere near as devestating as the other AoE arties.. great for hosing those fast lil units.

too sci fi?? las sat command post and las sat strike says its going to fit right in.
Why would it do anything to enemies if "is nothing more then light"? xD
The principle of laser damage is to cause extreme heat. It would cause such heat to any parts meant to redirect it, as it would be applied directly into its molecules.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Olrox wrote:Why would it do anything to enemies if "is nothing more then light"? xD
The principle of laser damage is to cause extreme heat. It would cause such heat to any parts meant to redirect it, as it would be applied directly into its molecules.
Well, you can still redirect lasers. Reflective armor is pretty effective against lasers, for instance.

More importantly, where do you live? Over here, we don't have mirrors randomly floating in the sky.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Olrox wrote:The only way of having "laser artillery" would be using prisms on flying mobile structures, and that's too sci-fi and complicated already (the unit would need to mantain a perfectly steady float and the prism would need to be of very translucid, extremely heat-resistant material such as diamond O_o ).

Gauss artillery can be easily achieved by the laws of physics and would work really good. As you can control the acceleration of the shell with incredible precision with Gauss acceleration, the precision would be really good. However, making the range extremely long isn't interesting, as it would waste too many shots on weak, fast moving units. It would be too similar to a howitzer regarding to role, also.