Machinegun Guard Tower Rush

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Machinegun Guard Tower Rush

Post by lav_coyote25 »

no actually it was about STUPID rules - "you cant use xxxxx device/structure because of xxxxxx excuse...." :3 xD and from what i have been reading - it is approaching that time again. rules should not exist except for the ones already in the game.

:twisted: there are no rules :twisted: as in real life. various govs may say they adhere to such and such rules of engagement or the rules of law - bullshit - when the lead/depleated uranium/fmj ball ammo starts flying and the fog of war seeps out - anything is possible. ie: mei lai (sp) in vietnam war - and the atrocities commited by all combatants in the wars since then - not to mention all the wars previous ... dont get me started. :stare:

:3 xD
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Seems we have a bit of a Catch 22 here: Machinegun Towers need to be powerful to defend your base against tank & cyborg rushes, but powerful Machinegun Towers also become an offensive weapon for Machinegun Tower Rushes.

Maybe the way out of the conundrum is to make Trucks more vulnerable. Trucks cannot build towers if they are dead. In Real Life, both people and trucks are considered soft targets due to their inherent vulnerability.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

stiv wrote:Seems we have a bit of a Catch 22 here: Machinegun Towers need to be powerful to defend your base against tank & cyborg rushes, but powerful Machinegun Towers also become an offensive weapon for Machinegun Tower Rushes.
Welcome to my life. ;)
stiv wrote:Maybe the way out of the conundrum is to make Trucks more vulnerable. Trucks cannot build towers if they are dead. In Real Life, both people and trucks are considered soft targets due to their inherent vulnerability.
Furthermore:

- Have the truck be heavier (slower), have less HP, and build slower.
- Put an Improved Truck that can be researched, that will have the exact same stats as the 1.10 truck. :D

It's brilliant!
Freakyman
Trained
Trained

Post by Freakyman »

lav_coyote25 wrote:hmmmm... seems this keeps comming up.

http://docs.wz2100.net/strategy%20and%2 ... ocate.html

just a little light reading... i know its a large amount of reading but it is worth it. :3 xD
I read and understood what you linked not the first time i read but when did warzone become to such a time when your enemys first option is to send all his truck to the front of your base and go HI by MG Tower SPAM!!!, there was a time when it was t1 tank rushes like the good ol MG Viper Wheels i mean not many people even bother with this little guy i have found that a good quick MG Viper Wheels is a nice anti truck quick and fast, i also can understand why people do the MG Tower Spam because againts turtlers its a good manouver and againts rushers also a good manouver but it is a cheap tactic we all know that warzone in it self is a game that last hours even up to 2 - 3 days depending if artillery is evenly matched, so all im trying to say is if you plan on playing warzone online plan to not do anything else the rest of the day/night or both its a time consuming game and to think this brilliant game is being victised by the No this rule and No that rule and the oh fu** em rule ill rush his base and not have a good match and gain cheap wins i like to play a fair and even game with some sneaky tactics but not blatenly obvious tactics at your front door within in the first 10 mins of the game if after 10 mins and your enemy can get defenses in front of your base then imho shut up and deal with it you let him get there in the first place

also note i may have bad grammar and randomness in there and sorry mods if this seems like a flame/rant and to the guy i quoted this wasnt directed at you only the read and understood what you posted :D
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

Trucks with guns xD xD xD xD xD
AKA. Balano
TVR
Trained
Trained

Post by TVR »

Idea: Allow trucks to disassemble enemy structures, therefore stalling construction on tower rushes.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Zarel wrote: Furthermore:

- Have the truck be heavier (slower), have less HP, and build slower.
- Put an Improved Truck that can be researched, that will have the exact same stats as the 1.10 truck. :D

It's brilliant!
Indeed. I agree the multiple constructor concept is brilliant. ;)

I would offer a couple other possibilities.

1.) MK1 Capture Turret.

2.) MK1 Intruder Virus Turret.

'Nough said.

Regards, whipper :ninja:
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

TVR wrote:Idea: Allow trucks to disassemble enemy structures, therefore stalling construction on tower rushes.
O_o

Not nice when you play a T3 game and you just buildet a lot of CannonFortress and about 5 trucks come and destroy it O_o
AKA. Balano
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

hjhjhj wrote:O_o

Not nice when you play a T3 game and you just buildet a lot of CannonFortress and about 5 trucks come and destroy it O_o
Easier just to let trucks stall enemy construction. But not have it apply to base structure construction (or truck rushes would be so much worse).
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Freakyman wrote:"lav_coyote25"]hmmmm... seems this keeps comming up.

http://docs.wz2100.net/strategy%20and%2 ... ocate.html

just a little light reading... i know its a large amount of reading but it is worth it. :3 xD

I read and understood what you linked not the first time i read but when did warzone become to such a time when your enemys first option is to send all his truck to the front of your base and go HI by MG Tower SPAM!!!, there was a time when it was t1 tank rushes like the good ol MG Viper Wheels i mean not many people even bother with this little guy i have found that a good quick MG Viper Wheels is a nice anti truck quick and fast, i also can understand why people do the MG Tower Spam because againts turtlers its a good manouver and againts rushers also a good manouver but it is a cheap tactic we all know that warzone in it self is a game that last hours even up to 2 - 3 days depending if artillery is evenly matched, so all im trying to say is if you plan on playing warzone online plan to not do anything else the rest of the day/night or both its a time consuming game and to think this brilliant game is being victised by the No this rule and No that rule and the oh fu** em rule ill rush his base and not have a good match and gain cheap wins i like to play a fair and even game with some sneaky tactics but not blatenly obvious tactics at your front door within in the first 10 mins of the game if after 10 mins and your enemy can get defenses in front of your base then imho shut up and deal with it you let him get there in the first place

also note i may have bad grammar and randomness in there and sorry mods if this seems like a flame/rant and to the guy i quoted this wasnt directed at you only the read and understood what you posted :D
no worries!! i read and i understand. xD
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

stiv wrote:Seems we have a bit of a Catch 22 here: Machinegun Towers need to be powerful to defend your base against tank & cyborg rushes, but powerful Machinegun Towers also become an offensive weapon for Machinegun Tower Rushes.

Maybe the way out of the conundrum is to make Trucks more vulnerable. Trucks cannot build towers if they are dead. In Real Life, both people and trucks are considered soft targets due to their inherent vulnerability.
There is no catch 22.

It really is a simple fix. We just take out the starting trucks, and disable them in the design menu.
There, now nobody can do truck rushes again.
The game will last forever, and the winner will be the last one to quit the game.

See, simple!
xD
and it ends here.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

hmmmmm. :stare:
TVR
Trained
Trained

Post by TVR »

Zarel wrote:Easier just to let trucks stall enemy construction. But not have it apply to base structure construction (or truck rushes would be so much worse).
The counterbalance stems from the existing HMG towers' firepower and range, low HP trucks should be quickly destroyed by sentry defences and/or blocked by units before they arrive within deconstruction range.

Trucks with universal structure deconstruction would be quite useful as salvaging tool, successful deconstruction, rather than demolition of enemy structures, would yield oil as a reward for dominance in a sector.
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Zarel wrote: MG Guard Tower has an HMG, yes, but an MG bunker is a completely normal MG (with the exception that it can't hit air units).
True perhaps for the trunk but under 2.2 beta 2 its still armed with the MG3-Pillbox a weapon nearly identical stat wise to the heavy machine gun minus mount and barrel gfx and without the ability to fire at VTOl's as you stated.

IMO the MG tower balancing is one of the most difficult to fix, even though it's not quite as detrimental to balance as for example the ripple rocket > archangel missile and flashlight > heavy laser exploits.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Deathguise wrote:True perhaps for the trunk but under 2.2 beta 2 its still armed with the MG3-Pillbox a weapon nearly identical stat wise to the heavy machine gun minus mount and barrel gfx and without the ability to fire at VTOl's as you stated.

IMO the MG tower balancing is one of the most difficult to fix, even though it's not quite as detrimental to balance as for example the ripple rocket > archangel missile and flashlight > heavy laser exploits.
Oh, apologies. You're right, I just looked at the source code. I thought it was armed with MG1-Pillbox.

You should've told me this earlier! I used MG Tower so many times when I could've been using MG Bunker! :(