Trunk snapshot builds (last update: Sept 4)

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Trunk builds (nightly-like) are back!

Post by Buginator »

Omikronman wrote:When I made a compilation with Xcode with Buginator, there really was a one-click-button. It is named "build". If the lproj. you open and all files are okay, the one-click on the build icon should also end okay. Maybe it ends up with a lot of warnings and errors, but I personally would not be able to fix it.
This is also why I am confused on why Vermithrax needed to replace the GLee.* files. It worked for us when we built it...

The only thing that is a big mystery (AFAIK) is how to actually make the .dmg archive, so you can allow people to download it.
and it ends here.
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

making a .dmg archive is quite easy. I would probably be able to do it for you. =)
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

That doesn't sound like "click all of one button" at all...
Well, it is one click after you get the code :)

I haven't tried this, but you could probably write a script to do this. Personally, I actually prefer to do things manually. It gives you greater flexibility.
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

Buginator wrote:
This is also why I am confused on why Vermithrax needed to replace the GLee.* files. It worked for us when we built it...
Well, I've quoted the kind of error I was getting. It's a fairly classic type of error.

Perhaps it's an XCode version issue, though that doesn't seem likely. What Xcode compatibility are you using? Mine is set to version 2.4.
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

I remember that you need at least Xcode 3.1 to be able to compile Warzone successfully!
Last edited by Omikronman on 30 May 2009, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Vermithrax wrote: quote="Buginator"This is also why I am confused on why Vermithrax needed to replace the GLee.* files. It worked for us when we built it.../quote

Well, I've quoted the kind of error I was getting. It's a fairly classic type of error.

Perhaps it's an XCode version issue, though that doesn't seem likely. What Xcode compatibility are you using? Mine is set to version 2.4.
I was using a VNC client to connect to Omikronman's machine, and compiled the code that way.
Omikronman wrote:I remember that you need at least Xcode 3.1 to be able to compiler Warzone successfully!
Ok, I guess that answers that. :)

Other than what you posted about the SSL certificate, which needed to be done on the command line, I don't recall any other issues, and I don't think we changed anything from the default options in the xcode menu... We just selected 'release' mode, and then hit the build icon.
and it ends here.
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

Omikronman wrote:I remember that you need at least Xcode 3.1 to be able to compile Warzone successfully!
Indeed. However the compatibility mode is a project setting, independant of the Xcode version.

Edited to add...

Using Xcode version 3.1.2 I have built in 2.4, 3.0 and 3.1 compatibility modes, and I have to replace the GLee files every time.
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

Buginator wrote:This is also why I am confused on why Vermithrax needed to replace the GLee.* files. It worked for us when we built it...
The answer to this appears to be in the GLee.c file.

The GLee.c file that I have to use has these lines:

Code: Select all

GLuint __GLeeLink_GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object(void)
{
    GLint nLinked=0;
#ifdef __GLEE_GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glBindBufferARB = (GLEEPFNGLBINDBUFFERARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glBindBufferARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glDeleteBuffersARB = (GLEEPFNGLDELETEBUFFERSARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glDeleteBuffersARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glGenBuffersARB = (GLEEPFNGLGENBUFFERSARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glGenBuffersARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glIsBufferARB = (GLEEPFNGLISBUFFERARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glIsBufferARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glBufferDataARB = (GLEEPFNGLBUFFERDATAARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glBufferDataARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glBufferSubDataARB = (GLEEPFNGLBUFFERSUBDATAARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glBufferSubDataARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferSubDataARB = (GLEEPFNGLGETBUFFERSUBDATAARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glGetBufferSubDataARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glMapBufferARB = (GLEEPFNGLMAPBUFFERARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glMapBufferARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glUnmapBufferARB = (GLEEPFNGLUNMAPBUFFERARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glUnmapBufferARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferParameterivARB = (GLEEPFNGLGETBUFFERPARAMETERIVARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glGetBufferParameterivARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferPointervARB = (GLEEPFNGLGETBUFFERPOINTERVARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glGetBufferPointervARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
#endif
    if (nLinked==11) return GLEE_LINK_COMPLETE;
    if (nLinked==0) return GLEE_LINK_FAIL;
    return GLEE_LINK_PARTIAL;
}

For some reason these have been changed in the trunk as follows:

GLuint __GLeeLink_GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object(void)
{
    GLint nLinked=0;
#ifdef __GLEE_GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glBindBufferARB = (GLEEPFNGLBINDBUFFERARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glBindBufferARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glDeleteBuffersARB = (GLEEPFNGLDELETEBUFFERSARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glDeleteBuffersARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glGenBuffersARB = (GLEEPFNGLGENBUFFERSARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glGenBuffersARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glIsBufferARB = (GLEEPFNGLISBUFFERARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glIsBufferARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glBufferDataARB = (GLEEPFNGLBUFFERDATAARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glBufferDataARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glBufferSubDataARB = (GLEEPFNGLBUFFERSUBDATAARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glBufferSubDataARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferSubDataARB = (GLEEPFNGLGETBUFFERSUBDATAARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glGetBufferSubDataARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glMapBufferARB = (GLEEPFNGLMAPBUFFERARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glMapBufferARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glUnmapBufferARB = (GLEEPFNGLUNMAPBUFFERARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glUnmapBufferARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferParameterivARB = (GLEEPFNGLGETBUFFERPARAMETERIVARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glGetBufferParameterivARB"))!=0) nLinked++;
    if ((GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferPointervARB = (GLEEPFNGLGETBUFFERPOINTERVARBPROC) __GLeeGetProcAddress("glGetBufferPointervARB"))!=0) nLinked++;

// HACK: work around for drivers that report VBO, but don't have full openGL 1.5 implementation.
	GLeeFuncPtr_glBindBuffer = GLeeFuncPtr_glBindBufferARB;
	GLeeFuncPtr_glDeleteBuffers = GLeeFuncPtr_glDeleteBuffersARB;
	GLeeFuncPtr_glGenBuffers = GLeeFuncPtr_glGenBuffersARB;
	GLeeFuncPtr_glIsBuffer = GLeeFuncPtr_glIsBufferARB;
	GLeeFuncPtr_glBufferData = GLeeFuncPtr_glBufferDataARB;
	GLeeFuncPtr_glBufferSubData = GLeeFuncPtr_glBufferSubDataARB;
	GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferSubData = GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferSubDataARB;
	GLeeFuncPtr_glMapBuffer = GLeeFuncPtr_glMapBufferARB;
	GLeeFuncPtr_glUnmapBuffer = GLeeFuncPtr_glUnmapBufferARB;
	GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferParameteriv = GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferParameterivARB;
	GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferPointerv = GLeeFuncPtr_glGetBufferPointervARB;
#endif
    if (nLinked==11) return GLEE_LINK_COMPLETE;
    if (nLinked==0) return GLEE_LINK_FAIL;
    return GLEE_LINK_PARTIAL;
}
The addition doesn't compile successfully. I get errors such as this: "error: 'GLeeFuncPtr_glBindBuffer' undeclared (first use in this function)"

In fact I get one for each line of the hack.
Last edited by Buginator on 30 May 2009, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add code tags
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

The Glee issue was fixed in r7593.

Thanks for the heads up. :)
and it ends here.
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

That works. I no longer need to copy in the GLee files.

I'm sure all the Mac users will be thanking you. :D
maxpower
Greenhorn

Post by maxpower »

Are there problems again with compiling? Last full trunk build is over a month old, and exe-only build is almost a month old.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

maxpower wrote:Are there problems again with compiling? Last full trunk build is over a month old, and exe-only build is almost a month old.
Yes, my Internet connection is no longer fast enough for me to upload my compiled builds. I should be getting a better Internet connection soon, however, so you might get a new full trunk build sometime soon.
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

I think there is still a problem with reading the zip archives that makes it impossible to compile it on the Mac?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Omikronman wrote:I think there is still a problem with reading the zip archives that makes it impossible to compile it on the Mac?
No, it just makes Buginator not want me to distribute compilations. ;) 'Sides, we think it's been fixed (although lack of an Internet connection means I'm unable to verify).
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Omikronman wrote:I think there is still a problem with reading the zip archives that makes it impossible to compile it on the Mac?
Zarel wrote: No, it just makes Buginator not want me to distribute compilations. ;) 'Sides, we think it's been fixed (although lack of an Internet connection means I'm unable to verify).
Hmm? O_o

It has been verified, the fix that I did fixed it, so 2.2.1 / trunk will have full .wz support for Macs now.

Oh, and I uploaded a new version of trunk for windows, *just the .exe!* NOTE: Zarel needs to make a new installer package, since all the new gfx that were fixed are not in the one he did... I don't want to upload ~115MB if I don't have to. :P
and it ends here.