Trunk snapshot builds (last update: Sept 4)

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Trunk snapshot builds (last update: Sept 4)

Post by Zarel »

These are builds of trunk, i.e. pre-alpha versions of 3.0. No support is given. Unfortunately, we don't update these very often. Sorry.

trunk r11617 (from Sept 4) for your testing. And I expect good bug reports!
:stare:
Thanks to Cybersphinx, and Fastdeath :)

Windows
Mac OS X
Linux tarball

These won't necessarily be nightlies, since until I write a script I won't bother building them every night, but for a taste of the new terrain renderer, here you go.

This doesn't include FMVs, but you can get them by downloading them from the download page and putting it in the same folder as warzone2100.exe.

If you notice the textures are blurry, remember to increase texture resolution to 2048 in Settings.

Bugs should be reported: http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/BugReporting
Last edited by Buginator on 14 Nov 2010, 00:19, edited 15 times in total.
Reason: not really doing it this way anymore...
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Re: :D Trunk builds are back!

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Thanks.
Main: Arithyce
Timmay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Timmay »

can I use the videos also with the Mac SO X version?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Timmay wrote:can I use the videos also with the Mac SO X version?
The FMVs work with all the platforms we support.
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Trunk builds (nightly-like) are back!

Post by Zarel »

The hard part, of course, would be figuring out where to put sequences.wz. I wouldn't even know.
Timmay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Timmay »

well
as long as you just put them into the WZ Folder you get the Subtitles for the Videos, but of course no videos and sound
Any suggestions?
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

Where can I get the Mac version of that? :)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Omikronman wrote:Where can I get the Mac version of that? :)
We don't really have a mac maintainer. :(
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I would make a Mac build, but the current Mac build process has too many unspeakable horrors for me to undergo more than once in a long while.
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

What kind of problems are you having doing Mac builds? It's been pretty straightforward for me.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Zarel wrote:I would make a Mac build, but the current Mac build process has too many unspeakable horrors for me to undergo more than once in a long while.
You need to click all of one button. Shock, horror! (Also need to package it, but that isn't overly difficult.)

Regards, Freddie.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Vermithrax wrote:What kind of problems are you having doing Mac builds? It's been pretty straightforward for me.
EvilGuru wrote:You need to click all of one button. Shock, horror! (Also need to package it, but that isn't overly difficult.)
Yeah, well, that's if it works correctly. If it doesn't, well, you're pretty much completely on your own then. I've managed to get one extremely ugly workaround to work. I document one of them on the Mac OS X Compile Guide, but I haven't managed to figure out the current problem.
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

Well here's the procedure I've been using.

The philosophy behind it is based on when I used to do formal releases of software. It can be summarized as "Clean get, clean build." It gives you a fresh start. The releases I used to do were the definitive, single source, final build for a given version.

I use Xcode version 3.1.2 to do the actual build. I'm not in a position to talk about other versions of Xcode.

1) Start with a clean development folder. My own development path is "/users/<user name>/development/warzone2100". Yours may be different. I shall reference this as <development path> below.

2) Run Terminal.

3) Enter the command "cd <development path>".

4) Enter the command "svn co https://warzone2100.svn.sourceforge.net ... 100/trunk/".

The first time you do this, you will get a prompt on whether or not to accept the repository's SSL certificate.

Enter 'p' to accept the certificate permanently, 't' to accept the certificate temporarily, or 'd' to reject the certificate. In the case of the latter, the download will abort. I used the 'p' option that first time, and I haven't had this prompt since.

This takes a while, so now is a good time to make a cup of tea.

5) Change to the trunk directory. In my case this would be "cd <development path>/trunk".

6) Enter the command "svn co https://quesoglc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/quesoglc".

This too can take a while, but not as long as the previous get. In fact you can run this from a separate Terminal instance.

The downloads, incidentally, will finish by reporting the corresponding code revisions.

At this point, you can logout from and exit Terminal.

7) Now, I can't successfully build Warzone without replacing a couple of OpenGL files; GLee.h and GLee.c. The .zip file below contains these. These should be copied into the "<development path>/trunk/lib/ivis_opengl" directory. These originate from the GL Easy Extension library webpage.

8) Run Xcode.

9) From Project->Open find and open the file Warzone.xcodeproj. Using my development directory as an example, the path to this location is "<development path>/trunk/macosx".

You can, from Finder, just double-click on the file. That works too.

10) Select the type of build you want to perform. Your options are "Release" or "Debug." Look for the "Active Build Configuration" label.

At this point, from Xcode, I like to do Build->Clean all targets.

11) Then either click on the Build icon or, from the menu, do Build->Build. Time for another cup of tea.

If you get errors, along the lines of "error: 'GLee_FuncPtr_glBindBuffer' undeclared (first use in this function) then you didn't perform step 7. Go back and rectify the situation, then restart the build.

12) You should get the message "Build Succeeded."

In principle, that should be it. You will find your Warzone.app file either in "<development path>/macosx/build/release" or "<development path>/macosx/build/debug" depending upon the type of build you performed.

However, if you get other errors, that previously you hadn't been getting, going back to step one might be a good idea. Indeed, during the writing of this document, trunk release 7588 broke my compilation. The next release, version 7589, downloaded a few minutes later, put things right again. If this happens during what is supposed to be a release build, evisceration is a recommended course of action, or defenestration. Both have their appeal.
Attachments
GLee.zip
Replacement OpenGL files.
(222.18 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

That doesn't sound like "click all of one button" at all...
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

When I made a compilation with Xcode with Buginator, there really was a one-click-button. It is named "build". If the lproj. you open and all files are okay, the one-click on the build icon should also end okay. Maybe it ends up with a lot of warnings and errors, but I personally would not be able to fix it.