TRUNK Q

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

TRUNK Q

Post by Raem_Lylar »

The trunk (nightly builds) are the most current testing/beta releases correct? (unstable)
So this means the newest current nightly build has all the features and fixes of 2.2b1 right?

The real Q is if i can use trunk to update my installed 2.2b1. Or is the trunk based off of 2.1.3?

I was going to post this in the currently existing appropriate thread but feared it would not be noticed.
Main: Arithyce
jaakan
Trained
Trained

Re: TRUNK Q

Post by jaakan »

Raem_Lylar wrote:The trunk (nightly builds) are the most current testing/beta releases correct? (unstable)
So this means the newest current nightly build has all the features and fixes of 2.2b1 right?

The real Q is if i can use trunk to update my installed 2.2b1. Or is the trunk based off of 2.1.3?

I was going to post this in the currently existing appropriate thread but feared it would not be noticed.
The TRUNK is always the newest and until 2.2b2 comes out 2.2b1 is the closest to the trunk.
if you have 2.2b1 installed , installing 2.1.3 would be a step back.

it would be a good idea to remove 2.2b1 and install the trunk so there are no left overs if your going to install to the same place.
Tiberian
Trained
Trained

Post by Tiberian »

no, you should consider trunk and the release versions to be completely different.
you'd probably want to install in a new place completely.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Trunk can be considered an alpha version of 2.3. It's the most current, but it has many things 2.2 doesn't have.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Okay... i cant start a skirmish match because warzone causes an access violation in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\iglicd32.dll"

This occurs in TRUNK r6727. What is causing this? And why isn't the extension rpt not allowed for uploading? (put in zip this time)
My computer is pretty strong minus my GMA built-in chip. (which has never given me problems with trunk before)
Last edited by Raem_Lylar on 12 Apr 2009, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Raem_Lylar wrote:Okay... i cant start a skirmish match because warzone causes an access violation in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\iglicd32.dll"

This occurs in TRUNK r6727. What is causing this? And why isn't the extension rpt not allowed for uploading? (put in zip this time)
My computer is pretty strong minus my GMA built-in chip. (which has never given me problems with trunk before)
...that doesn't look like a report from a debug build. Can you build Warzone in debug mode and upload the rpt from that crash?
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

There are no debug builds of TRUNK-r6727 available for download...

EDIT: Well, i think you can get more out of the file with the "--debug all" command line, so here it is again...
Attachments
warzone2100.RPT.zip
--debug all version.
(20.37 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Raem_Lylar wrote:There are no debug builds of TRUNK-r6727 available for download...

EDIT: Well, i think you can get more out of the file with the "--debug all" command line, so here it is again...
Oh, no wonder you're using a really old version; you don't compile it yourself.

Can you try with 2.2 beta 1? That's a lot more recent.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

So 2.2b1 is more recent than that trunk version? Okay then i will re-download it. (i know i can find it in the older releases link, so no link needed)

Where can i get a free windows auto-compiler capable of compiling wz? (or at least learn how to compile)

And when will texture rectangle requirements be rid of? (if ever)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Raem_Lylar wrote:So 2.2b1 is more recent than that trunk version? Okay then i will re-download it. (i know i can find it in the older releases link, so no link needed)
Well. 2.2b1 is r6800 or so. The latest trunk is r7000 something, but no one has compiled an installer yet (It's impossible to compile an installer in Windows, else I would've done that by now).
Raem_Lylar wrote:Where can i get a free windows auto-compiler capable of compiling wz? (or at least learn how to compile)
http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Window ... de_(MinGW)
Raem_Lylar wrote:And when will texture rectangle requirements be rid of? (if ever)
Pretty soon, actually. There's already a patch in the tracker.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Thank you.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

It seems warzone will not compile. I am sure i did everything correctly...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Raem_Lylar wrote:It seems warzone will not compile. I am sure i did everything correctly...
What's the error message?

You probably missed this part of the compile guide:

In order for mingw32-make to work fine, you will need to add some directories %PATH% environment variable. In Windows 2000 and later you do this by right clicking "My Computer" then select "Properties" -> "Advanced" -> "Environment variables". Now in the subbox called "System variables" you should select "PATH" (or "Path"), click "Edit" (or "Modify" ?) and at the end of that line add ";C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin" (assuming you installed MinGW into "C:\MinGW" and Flex as well as Bison in "C:\Program Files\GnuWin32"). The final path will then look like this (note the absence of the "double quotes"):

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\Windows;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Nope did that. Its just when its finished their is no warzone.exe...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Raem_Lylar wrote:Nope did that. Its just when its finished their is no warzone.exe...
Can you copy-paste the last few lines of what it prints out when it finishes? You right-click and hit "Mark" before you can select anything, and then you right-click after you've selected stuff to copy it.

The warzone.exe is in the src/ directory.