Warzone 2100:mmo Rts

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Speeder
Trained
Trained

Post by Speeder »

what do you think abot that? i think that is a good idea, just imagine - 100 and moree peoples in real time play warzone together !!!!

oh i have new good idea! may be developters can change multyplayer code, and thise will be not only 8 players in multyplayer, may be we can have 16 people ???
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

The multiplayer part is in a very early state atm and needs to be improved a lot.
MMO RTS .. hm we need very big maps for that.. but could work i think... but as i said, the networkcode needs work.
I am no wz-dev, but when this stupid bug is fixed (See https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=6552) i want to try to get involved with the net-code..

--Ano
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone 2100:mmo Rts

Post by Lixtan »

This was actually thought of back at Pumpkin-2. The idea was to be called "Total Warzone," and we did get some demo engines done and stuff, but we never got anywhere near to creating a game.

Anyway, there's some documentation at realtimestrategies.net, which I will link you all to. It's quite interesting.

link: http://www.realtimestrategies.net/forum ... 8db5f9e06d
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Suprano: No excuses, that bug is allready fixed. :) (Or you provided the wrong link.)
MMORTS: Not possible, reason: You need a MMORTS engine, which we don't have. (You can't change an usual engine to support MMORTS, ever.)
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

Actually, if one of us could get a hold of the engine that TWZ was going to use, we could make things happen. (There was a primitive version of the game, a little demonstration, if you will.) Should I look into this, or are we not going to worry about it right now?
Speeder
Trained
Trained

Post by Speeder »

i think that net play in wz have manu different bugs, especialy you can see them if you use modem 56k, if you have adsl or ather typse of hige speed internet you do not see that bugs...
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I didnt want to make a new topic & this one suits for that I will right.

A few days ago I saw this site(its old & did update a lot of time) http://wz2120.warzone2100.de/projects/warzone2120_e.htm
Idia is not new too > Warzone 2120 . second wz .hmmmm ? I thought a little & compare our abilities. Man Kreuvf bigun a good thing but as a Total WZ they dont finish it. I hope WRP will be forever :)

Storyline

While you were destroying its base, NEXUS sent his whole memories and its main_program through an underground-tunnel-system to an island (the British Isles) near Europe. In Europe there is higher radiation than in America. The British Isles have been terribly destroyed by the A-bombs and H-bombs that were "sent" to earth. Nexus began to build a colonie on the British Isles, after the temperatures had normalized. Because it was connected to its base in America, it could easily send itself to Europa. NOW it is rebuilding its base and it takes improvements on the defense. First, the Project thought NEXUS was erased forever.
I check this out and its realy was as he said. In the end of the final movie was a  famous Nexus laugh and connect with seatle(sensor or something like that). I forget about this scene at all.

However some parts of that idia not so good/ I mean "underground-tunnel-system". I understand this like a throught ocean was make a tunnel > Its realy stuped. May be better just fly on transport and so on...

Anyway this idia is good, if to sit a little with the script I can make a not bad hollywood sci-fy story in far future. if it will be needed.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Solitaire
Trained
Trained

Post by Solitaire »

I'd say you're quite far (only a few thousand miles :P ) off-topic if you compare that post to the thread title...  ;D

Besides, that underground tunnel bit doesn't do it for me, especially as it directly contravenes WZ canon (regardless of how Reed propagates himself in future, his escape mechanism was a typically AC2-Klein trick of bouncing his brain-map off a satellite, as seen in the end FMV)