Ideas for Warzone 2100

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Ideas for Warzone 2100

Post by Arreon »

This is a forum where you are encouraged to put your ideas and imagination down on cyberpaper. One day, the Warzone 2100 staff might see these ideas and take these into consideration. They can be anywhere from new weapons, technologies, AI scripts, general inprovements to the game graphics and sounds, etc.

It would be even better if you can back the ideas with reasons and benefits. If there are any negative consequences involved with the ideas, list them so that the staff may be able to fix these problems.

When it comes to codes and AI scripts, I'm only a teenager and know nothing about codes, so please post a general idea of the code and what it will do, rather than send the code itself, as I won't know what it means.

Thank you.
Last edited by Arreon on 15 Feb 2009, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Arreon
Trained
Trained

AI should use droid sensors and indirect-fire

Post by Arreon »

It would make the game more challenging, and would make better use of counter-battery sensors, plus it's pleasing to look at an artillery war.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

If there were multiple turrets...

Post by Arreon »

It would make the game much more fun. There has to be a price though, and that should be increased weight resulting in slower speed in droids, and the combined cost of the turrets.

Maximum for defenses and droids should be 3 (without additional cost), maximum for fortresses should be 5 (with 1.5 times the combined cost of weapons).

For light bodies, there should be a maximum of 1 turret, medium should be 2, and heavy should be 3.

The game will become a lot more fun, and people will want to play it more.
Last edited by Arreon on 15 Feb 2009, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Game should have the option of disabling Laser Satellite Pos

Post by Arreon »

Many people are afraid of the Laser Satellite, as it is a good way to cripple their bases. Putting the option on the shirmish menu to disable the Laser Satellite will be very popular among the players.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Ideas for Warzone 2100

Post by Zarel »

Heh, I see you've found the Warzone 2100 wish list thread. I'll post my replies there.
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

There is big imbalance with mortairs.The only one thing that can stop them well...themselves o other side!
Any tehnology must be effective for something.Make something to stop mortairs that can't shoot far!
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

And system of hot-search would be very popular.But to not make it very easy to use....make some researches to use it.It's very funny!Upgrades for interface!
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

devastator wrote:There is big imbalance with mortairs.The only one thing that can stop them well...themselves o other side!
Any tehnology must be effective for something.Make something to stop mortairs that can't shoot far!
That's where the Counter Battery Sensor comes in (Or Wide Spectrum Sensor)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

devastator wrote:There is big imbalance with mortairs.The only one thing that can stop them well...themselves o other side!
The rebalance fixes this.
PkK
Trained
Trained

Post by PkK »

Heavy cannon python can withstand a lot of mortar fire and thus get in range to destroy the mortar pits. VTOLs are another option. Howitzers canbe placed out of mortar range and destroy them.

Philipp
Valjack
Greenhorn

Post by Valjack »

my idea :
create new body for vehicules (super heavy => very slow but very resistant)
create new "super" weapon : this weapon can only use by a vehicule who have a super heavy body
create new body for new the new ennemies forces
I'm French but I speak English (not well but I have a good level ^^)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

for those new to the forums.... here are some handy links.

http://wzguide.co.cc/ new wz2100 guide.

http://docs.wz2100.net/ old wz2100 guide ( still useful )

http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/WikiStart wiki pages

http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/TitleIndex what has been done so far - would be helpfull to read this.

and welcome. :D
Valjack
Greenhorn

Post by Valjack »

thx :D

but what do you think about my idea ?
they can change the gameplay. (or not ? maybe it is too hard to make this ....)
I'm French but I speak English (not well but I have a good level ^^)
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

wow, personally I think mortars are too weak, not overpowered.
they only get effective once you've researched the pepperpot, and by then you can research howitzers and ripple rockets which are a lot more effective with a much longer firing range.
In a match I played I attacked a base defended by a couple of bombard mortars, and I could move a truck into their base and build a sensor tower next to their mortars (and then have my artillery blow them up) only protected by a couple of cyborg mechanics.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

fisk0 wrote:wow, personally I think mortars are too weak, not overpowered.
they only get effective once you've researched the pepperpot, and by then you can research howitzers and ripple rockets which are a lot more effective with a much longer firing range.
In a match I played I attacked a base defended by a couple of bombard mortars, and I could move a truck into their base and build a sensor tower next to their mortars (and then have my artillery blow them up) only protected by a couple of cyborg mechanics.
...which version? Campaign, skirmish, or multiplayer?

...if you think bombards are weak, I'm interested in playing a 2.1 game against you.