New Terrain

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
elio
Regular
Regular

Re: New Terrain

Post by elio »

awesome! :D

here the ships..hmm
Attachments
wz2100_shot_056.png
wz2100_shot_055.png
wz2100_shot_054.png
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

lol flying boats ;) Just a different hover body am I right?

That water looks well choppy/rough wouldn't want to be out there in that! :)
gerard_
Trained
Trained

Post by gerard_ »

I played with it some more. The boats do actually sit in the water and the water is darker.
It's not committed yet.
water2.jpg
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

This new blending technique looks awesome btw, good job!
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

clean & choppy.......

choppy...& maybe more than a tad polluted (in a mod you could script penalties on boats traversing such... interesting game play possibilities).

Attachments
clean river water.gif
water pollution.gif
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Deus Siddis
Trained
Trained

Post by Deus Siddis »

Yeah, I kind of think some clean blue water would be good too, like what we saw in the original water textures.

Both brown and blue waters will be very useful for the WZ setting- brown for water polluted by the debri of a destroyed civilization or just ordinary mud and blue for the rest of the water since there is really no one left to keep dumping sh*t into it all the time.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

hmmm... that raises an interesting question, Deus. can you use more than one water texture per map / tertile set ? when i was working on
v.1.10 projects i made 3 diff water tertiles and 1 lava but i never used them at the same time in the same tertile set-map.........
just assumed it wasn't possible... well pre-source no doubt, but now, i dunno.

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
gerard_
Trained
Trained

Post by gerard_ »

Committed it. Here's another screenshot:
water3.jpg
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Very Good :D , but Is left old crapy animation when bombs(or seeds of rain) fell into the water ?
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Tymon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tymon »

XD ships!

can't wait for this :D :D :D :D :D

the water also looks a bit too dark I know its meant to be polluted but that's more of mud then water
edit:never mind didn't notice the newer screenshot lol its perfect
Thraka
Greenhorn

Post by Thraka »

Wowie!!!! You're awesome.. Pure awesome! And the boats look great too! Now all we need is in-game terrain deformation :D hehehe I know, knock it off.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

there's an issue in play here rarely raised. the way Pumpkin used 1 base tertile for surface terrain and below water land. in this case
it is a darkish brown. because the one tertile is used in this dual role (a mistake on Pumpkin's part, imo) you cannot just will-nilly play
around with its tonality on the water side without screwing up where its used as a surface tertile. so your left with the only option of working
with the water tonality as it interacts with the below water tertile.

gerard_
Trained
Trained

Post by gerard_ »

whippersnapper wrote:.

there's an issue in play here rarely raised. the way Pumpkin used 1 base tertile for surface terrain and below water land. in this case
it is a darkish brown. because the one tertile is used in this dual role (a mistake on Pumpkin's part, imo) you cannot just will-nilly play
around with its tonality on the water side without screwing up where its used as a surface tertile. so your left with the only option of working
with the water tonality as it interacts with the below water tertile.

Luckily this is no longer an issue, as the new terrain renderer can use a custom texture for the underwater surface.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

wow, that's kwel... opens up a lot of possibilities. :)

Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

A lot of people have asked for lighter, clearer, or bluer water, and I agree. However:

I've messed with the renderer and textures for a few hours (turns out glBlendFunc() isn't explained very well in most places), and I don't think it can look much better than it currently does without making the water renderer a lot more complex.