Rochester Deals For Tuesday, 4/5/11 (Midwest Homebrewing, Gigi's, Massage Etc)

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Scrollbar in multiplayer

Post by pastdue »

Kieutrang wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 11:29 Hello all,

I'm sorry if this post exist.
What u think about a scrollbar in game Multplayer ? for me long time i want it because it is really boring in 8 or 10 players map when all ppl are talking we can't follow a conversation coz the window of text is too small...Then when u discuss with 1 dude and other are talking together u must say "can u repeat pls" or Something and in russian game sure it is impossible to follow :lol2: ... Or i do not know the button to move the conversation and i'm really sorry for the post! if not :
Then my idea to improve this interface is to add a vertical scrollbar.
Improving the chat history display is a good idea.

There's some work on revamping the UI elements to use a more flexible framework (imgui) which would probably better enable things like a scrollbar. Once we get 3.3.0 released, we can re-examine that work and see how easy it is to implement.
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

pastdue wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 15:38 There's some work on revamping the UI elements to use a more flexible framework (imgui) which would probably better enable things like a scrollbar. Once we get 3.3.0 released, we can re-examine that work and see how easy it is to implement.
Is it going to be a left and right or an up and down scroll bar?
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

No, they're too old-fashioned. It will be a diagonal scroll bar.
moltengear
Trained
Trained

Post by moltengear »

pastdue wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 15:38 There's some work on revamping the UI elements to use a more flexible framework (imgui) which would probably better enable things like a scrollbar. Once we get 3.3.0 released, we can re-examine that work and see how easy it is to implement.
also an interesting library as an option.
https://github.com/raysan5/raygui

We can also use raylib from the same author.
https://www.raylib.com/