Oh, this is current protocol v3 is really odd, it's really-really need to update!
For now Lobby server is fully worked with some extra functions
Worked with psql
Can hide from list some long openning game, full room games, hide mapmods game, hide old gameversion (all this stuff sets in server config)
Can output JSON to telnet clients
Can show some statistics to game lobby and telnet clients
What i want to finish this project.
To current game protocol (no need any change to warzone game):
- Add support SQLite and Filesystems storage database (if PSQL not available)
- Add HTTP module to show lobby in http server like NGinx or Apache (example https://wz2100.euphobos.ru/
- Maximum comment code and push to github.
- Add PROXY mode, to run master/slave servers on different machines and connect each other for an indestructible system.
In the future, after public project:
Really want new in protocol (need patch warzone2100):
- Backward compatibility with the v3 Protocol
- Add support for pass to game TCP port of created lobby game (it's really needed!)
- Reworked all current protocol (it's reeeaaaaaaly strange and nasty!)
- Optional nickname registration, but not forced, otherwise the players will run away
- Full information about the created lobby, how many players they nicknames and statistics, what room settings, etc.
- Save the statistics of the players. After the match is over, the game must send statistics about the match to the lobby server.
- Maybe switch protocol from Binary to JSON or so ?.. (But i don't see any reason for this, if server can handle both)