Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Omeganexus
Greenhorn

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by Omeganexus »

Every time I try to use the repair command in the Commander Units menu near a repair facility, it just does not work. The entire group of units are stopped. And even when I select the Commander Unit (and consequently the entire group attached to it) and click on the repair facility, it also does not work.

It's annoying to use the commander units, please correct this.

Thank you.
Last edited by Omeganexus on 01 Feb 2018, 03:30, edited 1 time in total.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Quenton wrote:
alfred007 wrote:I had again a video problem like I had in Alpha 05. At the beginning of Alpha 08, the very first video of the New Paradigm froze at the end and I couldn't play on. Only after I clicked on the screen the next video was played. In the file attached are a save from the end of Alpha 07 and the log files.
Berserk Cyborg wrote:Finished beta end mission (if I didn't have so much artillery built around the map I probably would not have survived it). I did not encounter the bug in #3009, however, I only played from start to finish without quitting. I do have a few saves just in case.
In 3.1.5 and 3.2.3 I also had no problems when I played from a moment before the first transporter starts until the end. Only after reloading saved games from a moment after the first transporter left the map the bug occurs in my games. I don't know why I had so huge problems with my last saves from Beta 10. I will test it the next days.
which video files you using? I found the low quality ones have broken movies in them.
Standard quality in german
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I updated to master c89320c and tested Alpha 08. There are some interesting changes. In 3.1.5 and 3.2.3 I was able to reach LZ2 without having contact to units of the New Paradigm by moving as far south as possible to LZ2. Now it's impossible because the NP trucks build some bunker and tower in that way. I like that, but I don't know what it was in 1.10. Maybe Bethrezen can figure this out. In the logs are some new info messages. Logs are attached.
I also made some early tests with Alpha 09. There is a queue of 10 minutes coded for enabling all NP factories. That's ok if the player dawdles. I tried to make a rush and was able to destroy the southern Scav factories and all NP factories in about 7 minutes. That means with normal difficulty the NP produced no units before the factories get destroyed. That's why I made a few changes in the cam1-5.js file. I defined a new trigger area in the south that activates all NP factories. Likewise, all NP factories get also activated with the NorthScavFactoryTrigger to prevent a rush through the north. First I wanted the new trigger area a little bit north of the southern Scav bases with this coordinates (3776, 5568); (4800, 6080). But the transporter flies over this area and activates the trigger. So I moved it west. If it's possible that the transporter doesn't activate a trigger area I would prefer to use this coordinates. I also adjusted some assemblies, increased the trigger radius of the southern Scav factories and decreased the throttles of the NP factories by 10 seconds. The changed cam1-5.js file and the new labels are also attached.
Attachments
logs alpha 08.zip
(9.21 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 wrote:I updated to master c89320c and tested Alpha 08. There are some interesting changes. In 3.1.5 and 3.2.3 I was able to reach LZ2 without having contact to units of the New Paradigm by moving as far south as possible to LZ2. Now it's impossible because the NP trucks build some bunker and tower in that way. I like that, but I don't know what it was in 1.10. Maybe Bethrezen can figure this out.
It should be accurate, since Bethrezen tested that mission on v1.10 quite a bit although I think trucks do stuff faster now.
alfred007 wrote: In the logs are some new info messages.
Ah yes, those group errors on load. Probably should not assert on group labels on the map finding no longer existing droids. I will do that in a future commit.
alfred007 wrote: I also made some early tests with Alpha 09. There is a queue of 10 minutes coded for enabling all NP factories. That's ok if the player dawdles. I tried to make a rush and was able to destroy the southern Scav factories and all NP factories in about 7 minutes. That means with normal difficulty the NP produced no units before the factories get destroyed. That's why I made a few changes in the cam1-5.js file. I defined a new trigger area in the south that activates all NP factories. Likewise, all NP factories get also activated with the NorthScavFactoryTrigger to prevent a rush through the north. First I wanted the new trigger area a little bit north of the southern Scav bases with this coordinates (3776, 5568); (4800, 6080). But the transporter flies over this area and activates the trigger. So I moved it west. If it's possible that the transporter doesn't activate a trigger area I would prefer to use this coordinates. I also adjusted some assemblies, increased the trigger radius of the southern Scav factories and decreased the throttles of the NP factories by 10 seconds.
Thanks. I made a camIsTransporter() function a while ago so we can use the area coordinates and just ignore the transporter.

Edit:
A totally not tested mod with the coordinate change.
Updated-Campaign.wz
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I think I found the problem with the transition beta/gamma. I used your cam-end-2 save and recycled all left units before the last transporter left the map. Then I started the transporter and in Gamma, I got random units. When I used the same saved game and recycle the units after the last transporter left the map I got the units you loaded in the first transporter. Also, no problems when I recycle no units but wait until the timer run out.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I made a quick test with your mod in debug mode. When the transporter flew over the trigger area the area was no longer red marked. But the factories didn't start to produce units. Only when I reached the trigger area with my units the production starts. Looks good so far. More details the next days.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Pushed de3a9b007b9aa5a176b6cf62d6c1e5c051acb631 and e9045fb6af7e8394feb9dd3de1c71b88dcf1f6b2. The first is the Alpha 9 changes and the last hopefully stops #3009.
alfred007 wrote:I think I found the problem with the transition beta/gamma. I used your cam-end-2 save and recycled all left units before the last transporter left the map. Then I started the transporter and in Gamma, I got random units. When I used the same saved game and recycle the units after the last transporter left the map I got the units you loaded in the first transporter. Also, no problems when I recycle no units but wait until the timer run out.
Hmm, I wonder if in the older wzscript versions when reports of the transporter loads being mixed was actually the last transporter load that made it off map being the first load on Gamma 1. Could you to try to break Beta 11? I should have had a Beta 10 save along with my Beta 11 ones earlier.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:Hmm, I wonder if in the older wzscript versions when reports of the transporter loads being mixed was actually the last transporter load that made it off map being the first load on Gamma 1.
As far as I remember the units were randomly mixed.
Berserk Cyborg wrote:Could you to try to break Beta 11? I should have had a Beta 10 save along with my Beta 11 ones earlier.
I'll try it the next days. I have the save of Beta 10 from you.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Is it like a huge pile of them or about 4 or so? Until a factory produces the accepted size for the group they remain no group droids until the threshold is met. Upload a save if you want.
From what I can tell it just 3 or 4 but I can do a save so ya can see for ya self that’s not a problem but I'll do that tomorrow because it’s a bit late for that just now it's nearly 1am
updated to master c89320c and tested Alpha 08. There are some interesting changes. In 3.1.5 and 3.2.3 I was able to reach LZ2 without having contact to units of the New Paradigm by moving as far south as possible to LZ2. Now it's impossible because the NP trucks build some bunker and tower in that way. I like that, but I don't know what it was in 1.10. Maybe Bethrezen can figure this out.
It should be accurate, since Bethrezen tested that mission on v1.10 quite a bit although I think trucks do stuff faster now.
Yeah that sounds about right because on v1.10 the trucks do build a few turrets to the south, I don’t actually have a save on v1.10 for that just yet because I deleted all the saves that I had and started again playing v1.10 in parallel with master to check stuff like research and the like as I never actually did this for alpha before because at the time we where testing alpha I never had access to v1.10, but if you like and you don’t have v1.10 I can upload it again along with the save for alpha 08 when I get up to it shouldn’t take me to long coz I'm up to alpha 06 currently.

Or you can just go back to Page 20

That post has the links so you can download the ISO the v1.10 patch and the nocd patch as well.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I updated to master e9045fb and tested the changes with cam_2end. Unfortunately ticket #3009 isn't fixed. Every time you reload a saved game from a moment after the first transporter left the map you get random units in Gamma 01 in the first transport that landed. Only if you play from the end of Beta 10 through Gamma 01 without reloading a saved game or if you reload a saved game from a moment before the first transporter started you get the correct units in Gamma 01. Also, the game doesn't end after the fourth transport left the map but only after time is over, no matter if there are still units on the map or not. What is fixed is that you get always your own units and not random units the AI produced.
In the file attached are the logs, four saved games from a moment short before every transport and pictures from the beginning of Gamma 01 showing the random units.
Attachments
cam_2end.zip
(2.8 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Ok so here is a test save for alpha 5 demonstrating the problem with the new paradigm light units just turteling near the tank factory despite the fact that I'm well within there sight range they just sit there ignoring me, when the factory produces a cannon unit those attack me as soon as they come out the factory but there light units, the mini pods and machine gunners don't.
Alpha 05 test.7z
(63.17 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote:Ok so here is a test save for alpha 5 demonstrating the problem with the new paradigm light units just turteling near the tank factory...
It appears this is the one and only mission that manually manages a group (it was being auto-removed and that broke their orders). In this case, the LZ compromise scouts.

I tested the below and they work again.
Updated-Campaign.wz
alfred007 wrote: Every time you reload a saved game from a moment after the first transporter left the map you get random units in Gamma 01 in the first transport that landed.
Can confirm. It appears that only some of the droids are randomized? It grabs the units from saveCampaignData() in mission.cpp so I will look into that logic there along with the mdroid.json order.
Omeganexus
Greenhorn

Post by Omeganexus »

At the beginning of Mission Gamma 06, when you regain control of the units that escaped the nuclear attack(Gamma 02), and are going to the Gamma team remnants base, the defenses of this base are attacking allied units, and stop attacking only when I can enter within the base (with almost all units destroyed).
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Pushed 6a6ce7449fe0ab6c69562f37a2ff4904bd5c9d79 for the cam1-3 scouts not doing anything.
At the beginning of Mission Gamma 06, when you regain control of the units that escaped the nuclear attack(Gamma 02), and are going to the Gamma team remnants base, the defenses of this base are attacking allied units, and stop attacking only when I can enter within the base (with almost all units destroyed)
Fixed in a6280cfb3dfb5fce91867052624e63f26fcbb871. I made sure to break alliances with each mission win (cause they persist across missions otherwise), but obviously this mission never set any alliances.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:
Bethrezen wrote:Ok so here is a test save for alpha 5 demonstrating the problem with the new paradigm light units just turteling near the tank factory...
It appears this is the one and only mission that manually manages a group (it was being auto-removed and that broke their orders). In this case, the LZ compromise scouts.

I tested the below and they work again.
Updated-Campaign.wz
Ok just gave that a go and something still isn't right while the light units do move there movement is very stilted and stuttery I tried loading up a pre excising alpha 5 save and then tried again starting from alpha 04 both with the same result, the only thing I can think of if it works for you and not me is that that I need to update master because the one i have

warzone2100-master-20180128-010525-e2a4e25.exe

is a couple of days old, so that's going to be my next move see if the issue persists.

ok so updated to the latest master and tried again with the same result, while there light units do seem to move but there movement is very stilted and stuttery it also doesn't seem to matter if i start on alpha 04 or on alpha 05 the stutter in there movement remains, not sure what's going one but think you are going to need to take another look at this one.