Attempt a 3.1.3 release before end of the year? (splitting)

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Shooting for a 3.1.3 release before the end of the year

Post by vexed »

For everyone else reading this, these are the planned changed (other than the bug fixes):
When we show ping times in game & in the lobby screen, people had the false impression that what they were looking at was accurate.
This is ONLY the case for the Host. WZ uses a hub model, so when client A pings client B, what you are seeing is actually the time it goes from A to the Host, then the Host to B, then B back to the Host, and finally, Host back to A.
So, in order to fix this, all clients will just know that the other clients are still alive (shows a "+" sign), and if there is an issue (shows a "∞"). Host will still see all pings, since they are the only ones that know the actual values, in both game and in the lobby screen.

Rank is, was, and has always been worthless.
It is easily editable, and, at this stage of the game, just not worth it.
This is only temporary though, as we will continue to work on getting full rank support which will actually mean something. There is no ETA for this though, it is as time permits.

Lastly, game names have been abused to such a high degree that they are going to be bypassed until we have a registration system in place. :annoyed:

Other than the bug fixes, and newer UPnP code, I think that is it, and if no solid feedback is given about balance (see post above), then we will leave that alone.

Thanks again to all the testers for testing these builds!

*edit, new builds posted on the 20th.
715d9d0e440f4ed320bef8807b47b31513348496 is now the latest.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
kaikiai
Greenhorn

Post by kaikiai »

Here a little info from Mac Building, I think I used the wrong XCode Version (Version 7), I noticed the writing about Version 3 and 4 of XCode in Wiki.
Because of this I'm trying to get an Mac with Mac OS-X 10.6 with Snow Leopard, where I want to Install Xcode 3.
I hope that helps.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

New builds posted on the 20th.

This one updates UPnP (so the game can open the ports you need on your router). You MUST turn the UPnP feature of your router ON for this to work!

Also, the other changes that I mentioned above.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: Attempt a 3.1.3 release before end of the year? (splitti

Post by Terminator »

vexed wrote:For everyone else reading this, these are the planned changed (other than the bug fixes):
When we show ping times in game & in the lobby screen, people had the false impression that what they were looking at was accurate.
This is ONLY the case for the Host. WZ uses a hub model, so when client A pings client B, what you are seeing is actually the time it goes from A to the Host, then the Host to B, then B back to the Host, and finally, Host back to A.
So, in order to fix this, all clients will just know that the other clients are still alive (shows a "+" sign), and if there is an issue (shows a "∞"). Host will still see all pings, since they are the only ones that know the actual values, in both game and in the lobby screen.
Why not just to show a pings to Host only for every player instead of "+" ? Isn't that reasonable ? if every player sync with host, so that means pings times only matters to host.

And I've always thought that warzone has client-server model (where ping to server only - matters)? not a HUB. Or you've used word HUB only for pings ?
Or I'm missing something here ?
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

I think it works like this:
  1. You do something, that input command (move somewhere, attack something...) is sent to the server.
  2. The server sends it to all other clients.
  3. Every game tick (10 times per second?) everyone processes all collected inputs and calculates the new game state from that.
  4. Everyone calculates a checksum from their game state and compares it to all others, if it differs (due to bugs or cheating) the game shows 2+2=5.
For commercial games, step 2 is removed and step 3 done only by the server, which sends all unit movement etc. to the clients. But they control their servers so those can be trusted, if anyone can run a server, in that model the server can cheat.
We want information... information... information.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I got this. Anyways Host still the main comunication point (server\hub) - and only ping to host should be showen, not just a silly "plus". I vote for that.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

While playing multi player with online player and also AI's the frame rate dropped to less then 10 frames per second I am sure this is due to The ai's nexus and nullbot they always seem to lag game this needs fixing as it has been reported on many times before.

Last edited by Berg on 31 Dec 2015, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.
The Overlord
Trained
Trained

Post by The Overlord »

When I downloaded this, the default install location was messed up and somehow spread the files around my desktop instead of in a folder.
Warzone 2100 is love, life.
Member of the BDC clan and adept at multiplayer battles. Feel free to PM me questions about multiplayer.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

The Overlord wrote:When I downloaded this, the default install location was messed up and somehow spread the files around my desktop instead of in a folder.
It creates the directory from where ever you run the installer from. So, if you save the installer to the desktop, it will use that path for the install path.

So, if you download the installer to d:\my_games and run the installer from that directory, it will use d:\my_games\Warzone2100-3.1 as the directory it will install to.
You can change it as well, since it will show you the path it is using.
(this is windows ONLY).
kaikiai
Greenhorn

Post by kaikiai »

I finally managed to get a working DMG
I needed to use an older Xcode SDK and needed to change the xcodeProject File because of MiniUpnpc Update and because of using the older SDKs
What should i do to contribute this change?
Fork the Warzone and open an pull Request?

Here are an dmg and the Debug Symbols if needed.
http://www.machegames.de/warzone/warzon ... 15d9d0.dmg
http://www.machegames.de/warzone/warzon ... 0-dSYM.tgz
marekumas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by marekumas »

Atleast Add New Turrets..
cowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cowboy »

Some logging issues:

Code: Select all

info    |11:58:26: [NETallowJoining:2616] Player NF-Cowboy has joined, IP is: 0:0:0:0:0:ffff:c0a8:1
error   |11:58:41: [recvTemplate:1495] Invalid template received from player 0
last message repeated 2 times
last message repeated 2 times (total 4 repeats)
last message repeated 4 times (total 8 repeats)
last message repeated 8 times (total 16 repeats)
last message repeated 16 times (total 32 repeats)
last message repeated 7 times (total 39 repeats)
error   |11:58:42: [recvTemplate:1495] Invalid template received from player 1
last message repeated 2 times
last message repeated 2 times (total 4 repeats)
last message repeated 4 times (total 8 repeats)
last message repeated 8 times (total 16 repeats)
last message repeated 16 times (total 32 repeats)
1. Yellow warnings in game about invalid templates.
2. If possible, IPv4 -> IPv6 representation should have padded zeros: IE: c0a8:0001.

This was a direct settings copy from 3.1.2 into portable settings dir.
cowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cowboy »

Also, was able to get myself into desync. 2+2=5. NF-Cowboy vs NF-Cowboy playing both sides of the game, not sure what caused it. =(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92OhZgaQg-8
Last edited by cowboy on 31 Dec 2015, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

upload the desync logs cowboy
Cowboys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92OhZgaQg-8
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

kaikiai wrote:I finally managed to get a working DMG
I needed to use an older Xcode SDK and needed to change the xcodeProject File because of MiniUpnpc Update and because of using the older SDKs
What should i do to contribute this change?
Fork the Warzone and open an pull Request?

Here are an dmg and the Debug Symbols if needed.
http://www.machegames.de/warzone/warzon ... 15d9d0.dmg
http://www.machegames.de/warzone/warzon ... 0-dSYM.tgz
Excellent news!

The best way to handle this is to fork Warzone, do whatever changes, then just tell me when done (we don't do github pull requests because of the way they handle these things).

Seeing as how we want all platforms to use the same git hash, the release will have to be put on hold for a bit, while we can first verify that your builds work, so Mac people PLEASE TEST NOW!, and also we are looking into the issues reported by Cowboy--which we need logs or better yet, just zip up your config directory, and upload it to trac so we can see what is going on.

P.S, Happy New years all!