New campaign 4 Delta is coming

For porting of the campaign to javascript discussions
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

New campaign 4 Delta is coming

Post by MIH-XTC »

I just finished watching the end video scenes for Gamma and it's apparent there's not enough room in the current campaign to squeeze the EB mp tech tree in.

Here's a list of T4 or campaign 4 tech that is in the EB tech tree but there's no room in existing gamma campaign:

Plasteel wall models
sky towers
larger versions of current base structures
red bodies
new variations of lasers, scourge and rail weapons
fortress structures
new super mortars and howitzers
mech cyborgs
incendiary weapons
more vtols, droids, "Stuff" on larger or largest maps.

According to the storyline, since Nexus is no longer, maybe campaign 4 focuses on a rival human faction, also known as player vs player :). It will be advanced t4 technology with artillery scenarios.

The main map will consist of ~4 scenarios:

Cam4a
Cam4b
Cam4c
Cam4d

It will be a large 256x256 expand-unveil type map using the Aurora tileset, courtesy of NoQ I believe.

The transporter style missions will be
cam4-1
cam4-2
cam4-3
cam4-4
cam4-5

I'll use the Lunar, Lava and Complication tile sets for those missions.

Obviously there won't be any video scenes yet but that's because someone needs to create the campaign first :).

I plan to copy one of the existing alpha, beta or gamma campaigns and then gut it out down to bare bones. Just like remodeling a house down to the studs :) Then I'm just going to make some basic scenarios as a starter.

I can have a bug free demo ready in about 2 days - 2 weeks if someone can provide support for additional tilesets into base.wz and adding "Delta" to the campaign menu. I'm not a C++ guy. I can only read it, not speak it.

My plan is to integrate EB mod into campaign and unify the stats between the two. I will remaster the campaign to include everything. I can have this done in about 1 - 3 weeks and then I would like to do a hand-off to the devs. I've been wanting to do a hand-off for a few years now with improved stats and I'm just now getting around to the campaign. These are my intentions.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: New campaign 4 Delta is coming

Post by Cyp »

MIH-XTC wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 02:35 … I'm not a C++ guy. I can only read it, not speak it. …
Good if you can read it, maybe soon you can write it too. Not many people can speak it, though. The spoken form is rather weird.
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

Once your finished i'll see if i can do a comparison for cam4-cont-r24 to your new version. :)
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

MIH-XTC wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 02:35 I just finished watching the end video scenes for Gamma and it's apparent there's not enough room in the current campaign to squeeze the EB mp tech tree in.
Yeah, I had a feeling it would be a challenge to fit the EB tech tree, in full, into the campaign while adhering to the videos.
MIH-XTC wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 02:35 According to the storyline, since Nexus is no longer, maybe campaign 4 focuses on a rival human faction, also known as player vs player :). It will be advanced t4 technology with artillery scenarios.
It is implied Nexus survived the battle on Gamma-9. The last thing we see is a still functional sensor dish, surrounded by rubble, swivel and emit a signal somewhere into the sky (shown as a red beam) while Nexus laughs and the scene ends with its logo animation. This could be to another planet, the Moon, or a satellite which in turn relays something to a different continent on the Earth. Great future plot potential. Of course, some other campaigns can happen during or before the reencounter with Nexus.
moltengear
Trained
Trained

Post by moltengear »

The Nexus exists. Judging by the last video.
It can be a hotbed of viral spread in China.

Possible technical innovations for the new campaign and the creation of artifacts for it.
1) Lack of heavy bodies for cyborgs. There are only small and medium bodies.
2) Cyborg can not make jumps using jet thrust to cross the slopes of the relief.
3) Also there is no electromagnetic bomb. This capability is needed to fight the nexus
4) It is impossible to attach a repair tank to the rear for a battle tank. It would be convenient in some cases.
5) In real life, it is possible to shoot down a missile with a nuclear charge. There is no such thing in the game, although there are even lasers.
6) in warcraft it is possible to launch a flying scout. In the game, we could make a reconnaissance rocket that does not fly right and left, but flies off the map. This is in order not to break the balance.
7) Howitzers are very strong in the game, but today lasers can shoot down mortar shells.
8_) The game also does not have a hovercraft for cyborgs
9) Builders cannot build concrete foundations for structures. This would help raise the height of the defensive towers and radar.
10) The inability to build a solar station. This can also be applied in missions where there is no oil.
Rafsss
New user

Post by Rafsss »

Just finished the campaign and nice to see something is on the works relating to the MP tech tree, since I barely get close to red hulls before my skirmishes finish, is there a way to merge the MP tech tree with the current campaign up to the the tech level in Gamma? Would love to replay it with less tech restrictions so I was wondering if a mod for the existing campaign was already made.
darthvadar
New user

Post by darthvadar »

Hi,

I have just played through the campaign for the first time in a while on the latest version.
I am glad to see others have thought of adding on additional missions.

Unfortunately, I do not have the skill to create such an addition so all I can do is make the following suggestions which I realise could be unfeasible to those who know how this stuff works.

Would it be possible to go further than the tech tree in mp. Such as stealth tanks which you have to use sensor turrets (possibly a new version to research) to see.
Holo/other shielding which may require emp or other electronic weaponry to penetrate.

These are just a couple of ideas I think would be cool to see in a delta campaign but I understand that these might not be realistic.