no win conditions for cam1a

For porting of the campaign to javascript discussions
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

no win conditions for cam1a

Post by MIH-XTC »

Has anyone else experienced problems with cam1a not triggering the win conditions after all bases are destroyed and artifacts collected? I remember seeing this a couple of years ago too. I don't know what causes it though. It seems like 25% chance of it happening and usually happens with cheat mode on.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or seen this before? It's only with cam1a.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: no win conditions for cam1a

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

I thought this was resolved ~2 years ago... the original cause was due to loading saves with partially destroyed bases, which in turn made the campaign library not recognize when those bases were supposed to be flagged as destroyed. On Alpha 1, this was usually going to happen if the player left a "base structure" alive in the last base, collecting the artifact, then saving. Upon reload they would destroy that structure and the game wouldn't advance. Just trying this myself and it doesn't yield an issue, at least for me.

Haven't seen this issue pop up since. Does this happen in master, and if so, can you upload a save? Or, are you seeing this with your mod? The win conditions for the missions on the home map are usually "total annihilation". Meaning all enemy owned structures, units, and bases must be destroyed before the mission can be won.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Re: no win conditions for cam1a

Post by MIH-XTC »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 16:52 I thought this was resolved ~2 years ago... the original cause was due to loading saves with partially destroyed bases, which in turn made the campaign library not recognize when those bases were supposed to be flagged as destroyed. On Alpha 1, this was usually going to happen if the player left a "base structure" alive in the last base, collecting the artifact, then saving. Upon reload they would destroy that structure and the game wouldn't advance. Just trying this myself and it doesn't yield an issue, at least for me.

Haven't seen this issue pop up since. Does this happen in master, and if so, can you upload a save? Or, are you seeing this with your mod? The win conditions for the missions on the home map are usually "total annihilation". Meaning all enemy owned structures, units, and bases must be destroyed before the mission can be won.
Hmmmmm..... no I don't think it's related to saved games and yea I'm seeing this behavior again but it could be caused by my mod. That's why I was asking if you knew the cause so I at least had place to start looking :)

As far as I know, this only happens when I'm using cheat mode and trying to simulate things really quickly but I don't see why that would make a difference.

I'm thinking it might be related to the base destroyed event not properly being flagged due to feature or non-hostile objects within the label range fooling the game into thinking the base still exists after it explodes. Technically, player 7 owns all of those barb huts and oil barrels in base 4. I kinda ruled this out with testing but I don't know what else it could be.

If I see it happen again then I'll try to reproduce without the mod and upload a saved game.